It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:21 pm

Fonts reset after Rainmeter startup

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
BlackChadhar

Fonts reset after Rainmeter startup

Post by BlackChadhar »

Hi! I recently got a new laptop and installed all the skins and fonts I use from my previous laptop. The issue I am facing is that whenever Rainmeter loads for the first time after turning on the laptop, some skins don't show up the font they are supposed and instead just display default font as if the actual font is not available on the device. After refreshing the skins, they work just fine displaying the font they are supposed to. This happens with some skins like the Mond date and not with others. Sometimes even from the same skin folder, some remember their font while others don't until refreshed. Been a week and I still can't figure out what is going on. Any help would be appreciated.
Active Colors

Re: Fonts reset after Rainmeter startup

Post by Active Colors »

What is your system?
Can you pack one of your faulty skins and upload here so we could investigate it?
BlackChadhar

Post by BlackChadhar »

Active Colors wrote: May 18th, 2023, 7:27 am What is your system?
Can you pack one of your faulty skins and upload here so we could investigate it?
This is the code for Elegant clock, one of the skins with the font issue. I am using a custom downloaded font Trade Winds. One meter is purposely disabled in case that creates confusion.

Code: Select all

;Elegance
;Clock Skin - Black
;Created by TwistLemon

[Rainmeter]
Author=TwistLemon
Update=1000

[Variables]
Size1=74
Size2=18
ClockSize=150
WhiteHands=255,255,255,255
BlackHands=0,0,0,245

;-----------MEASURES------------

[MeasureTime]
Measure=Time
Format=%I:%M

[MeasureDate]
Measure=Time
Format=%A, %d %B %Y

;-----------METERS------------

[MeterTime]
MeasureName=MeasureTime
Meter=STRING
X=150
Y=0 
FontColor=150,150,150
FontSize=74
FontFace=Trade Winds
StringAlign=CENTER
;StringStyle=BOLD
AntiAlias=1

#[MeterDate]
MeasureName=MeasureDate
Meter=STRING
X=r
Y=125r
FontColor=#Colour#
FontSize=18
FontFace=Ink Free
StringAlign=CENTER
;StringStyle=Bold
AntiAlias=1
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

BlackChadhar wrote: May 18th, 2023, 8:24 am This is the code for Elegant clock, one of the skins with the font issue. I am using a custom downloaded font Trade Winds. One meter is purposely disabled in case that creates confusion.

Code: Select all

;Elegance
;Clock Skin - Black
;Created by TwistLemon

[Rainmeter]
Author=TwistLemon
Update=1000

[Variables]
Size1=74
Size2=18
ClockSize=150
WhiteHands=255,255,255,255
BlackHands=0,0,0,245

;-----------MEASURES------------

[MeasureTime]
Measure=Time
Format=%I:%M

[MeasureDate]
Measure=Time
Format=%A, %d %B %Y

;-----------METERS------------

[MeterTime]
MeasureName=MeasureTime
Meter=STRING
X=150
Y=0 
FontColor=150,150,150
FontSize=74
FontFace=Trade Winds
StringAlign=CENTER
;StringStyle=BOLD
AntiAlias=1

#[MeterDate]
MeasureName=MeasureDate
Meter=STRING
X=r
Y=125r
FontColor=#Colour#
FontSize=18
FontFace=Ink Free
StringAlign=CENTER
;StringStyle=Bold
AntiAlias=1
Can you perhaps pack your whole skin folder into a .zip archive? By whole I mean including any additional files inside besides the main ini file. This would be more practical and accurate to debug as we will have close to the exact same codition as you have.
BlackChadhar

Post by BlackChadhar »

Active Colors wrote: May 18th, 2023, 12:04 pm Can you perhaps pack your whole skin folder into a .zip archive? By whole I mean including any additional files inside besides the main ini file. This would be more practical and accurate to debug as we will have close to the exact same codition as you have.
The skin folder just contains this main ini file. This is the font I am using.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

BlackChadhar wrote: May 18th, 2023, 12:41 pm The skin folder just contains this main ini file. This is the font I am using.
So this skin is not in a folder that contains a @Resources\Fonts folder that contains the font? Where did you install that Trade Winds font?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Just as a side note, here is something related to the fonts used in Rainmeter skins. Those fonts may be located into two different places. They have to be either installed onto your computer, or the .ttf or .otf files have to be placed into the @Resources\Fonts folder of your config. In both cases Rainmeter is able to use those fonts, but there is something else to be kept in mind: in the code of your skin, when you want to use a font, you have to use the name of the font family, as shown in the Font name line, in the dialog of the font (which opens when you double click the .ttf file of the font).
When the fonts are placed into the @Resources\Fonts folder, they are distributed with the skin if you create a skin installer.
BlackChadhar

Post by BlackChadhar »

SilverAzide wrote: May 18th, 2023, 2:26 pm So this skin is not in a folder that contains a @Resources\Fonts folder that contains the font? Where did you install that Trade Winds font?
The skin folder just contains this skin file.Here. I installed the Trade Winds on my laptop like how you normally do with any font.
balala wrote: May 18th, 2023, 2:27 pm Just as a side note, here is something related to the fonts used in Rainmeter skins. Those fonts may be located into two different places. They have to be either installed onto your computer, or the .ttf or .otf files have to be placed into the @Resources\Fonts folder of your config. In both cases Rainmeter is able to use those fonts, but there is something else to be kept in mind: in the code of your skin, when you want to use a font, you have to use the name of the font family, as shown in the Font name line, in the dialog of the font (which opens when you double click the .ttf file of the font).
When the fonts are placed into the @Resources\Fonts folder, they are distributed with the skin if you create a skin installer.
I installed the Trade Winds on my laptop like how you normally do with any font. But only some skins cant seem to recognize the font until refreshed whereas the others do. The font name is not the issue as after refreshing the skin once, it recognizes the font and displays it correctly.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

BlackChadhar wrote: May 18th, 2023, 3:49 pm I installed the Trade Winds on my laptop like how you normally do with any font. But only some skins cant seem to recognize the font until refreshed whereas the others do. The font name is not the issue as after refreshing the skin once, it recognizes the font and displays it correctly.
Could you please post links where we can download both fonts, used by the posted skin?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

BlackChadhar wrote: May 18th, 2023, 3:49 pmI installed the Trade Winds on my laptop like how you normally do with any font. But only some skins cant seem to recognize the font until refreshed whereas the others do. The font name is not the issue as after refreshing the skin once, it recognizes the font and displays it correctly.
I can't reproduce the issue. Rainmeter loads just fine displaying your skin using the said font, both on startup and regular load. Are you usign the latest Rainmeter version? Which operating system are you using? Are other skins loaded or loaded at the same time when you load the skin(s) exhibiting the problem, and if so, which ones are they?