It is currently April 26th, 2024, 10:49 pm

measureCPU incorrect

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
RibenaPete

measureCPU incorrect

Post by RibenaPete »

I have a new PC with a 12 core i7 CPU. Using the default skin illustro->System.ini the CPU measure returned is hopelessly incorrect compared to the "average core" value from MS Task Manager. Perhaps it's the number of cores? How can I correct this?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: measureCPU incorrect

Post by SilverAzide »

RibenaPete wrote: May 10th, 2023, 9:41 pm I have a new PC with a 12 core i7 CPU. Using the default skin illustro->System.ini the CPU measure returned is hopelessly incorrect compared to the "average core" value from MS Task Manager. Perhaps it's the number of cores? How can I correct this?
This is known behavior on system running Windows 11 22H2 and later; it was OK in earlier versions of Windows 11. I've posted about this extensively:

New computer on intel 13th gen W11 (CPU Usage is wrong)
[Bug] Skins show lower than actual CPU Usage in Windows 11 22H2

In summary, the old CPU measure and the UsageMonitor with the CPU alias no longer work as they used to because Microsoft changed how Windows reports CPU usage. You will need to change any of these type measures as mentioned in my posts to use the utility-based counters instead of time-based counters.

If you would rather not fix this yourself, you might be able to find skins which have been updated to handle this issue. Any skin older than a year or two probably won't work right. I don't mean to push my own stuff, but if you want a skin that works for sure, check out my Gadgets suite; the All CPU Meter will properly show your CPU.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
RibenaPete

Re: measureCPU incorrect

Post by RibenaPete »

Thanks! I'll check out the references and see if I can modify the ini file.