It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:33 am

Rainmeter crashed

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmeter crashed

Post by SilverAzide »

Just FYI, none of the Gadgets skins do anything with audio (no visualizers or volume controls, etc.). So if MMDevAPI.dll was crashing Rainmeter, it might have been a skin from another suite. :confused:
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
ChronoWerX

Post by ChronoWerX »

Yincognito wrote: April 24th, 2023, 12:18 pm That's great! Any idea what "fixed" the issue you previously had?
No idea. The is a new PC and I installed all new.
SilverAzide wrote: April 24th, 2023, 1:21 pm Just FYI, none of the Gadgets skins do anything with audio (no visualizers or volume controls, etc.). So if MMDevAPI.dll was crashing Rainmeter, it might have been a skin from another suite. :confused:
Another skins are not installed, no idea why it crashed with this file.

All is ok now :)
ChronoWerX

Post by ChronoWerX »

And here it is again -.-
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

ChronoWerX wrote: April 27th, 2023, 11:21 am And here it is again -.-
If you didn't do anything to Rainmeter (like changing settings, loading new skins, since the time when it worked), then it's almost certainly something that you installed (or some setting / change from what you've installed) between the time everything worked well and now.

The likely candidates from my point of view are the .NET Frameworks and the C++ Redistributables. Most of the former should come preinstalled with Windows (on Win 10, I only had to enable .NET Framework 3.5 in order to access all 2.0 and 3.0 capabilities), while programs usually install the C++ redistributable they need (even so, I still install the 8.0.59193, 9.0.30729.4148, 10.0.30319 or 10.0.40219, and 14.29.30037 independently on my system, just to be on the safe side). I do this because I encountered programs that would crash or not install if the preferred versions of these weren't already present (e.g. Microsoft MapPoint 11, my AVer TV 3D tuner application, etc). I'm not saying Rainmeter (or Win 11, for that matter) would require doing the above, but then I never installed it without these first anyway (I do them right after installing Windows).

Did you keep the logging in Rainmeter when you encountered the issue again? If so, can you attach it here for the developers to look at?
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth