It is currently March 29th, 2024, 8:55 am

Lock screen in Rainmeter

Skins that control functions in Windows or Rainmeter
theAzack9
Developer

Lock screen in Rainmeter

Post by theAzack9 »

Hi, i just made this as an example of how the FrostedGlass plugin would work and thought i should post it here too.

When you first start the skin, you get prompted to select a password.

If the skin get stuck or you forget the password, press ctrl + shift + esc and force stop rainmeter. Then navigate to the skins folder and delete the LockScreen folder.

http://theazack9.deviantart.com/art/Lock-screen-for-Rainmeter-602066609

Edit:
Fixed gif...
Last edited by theAzack9 on April 10th, 2016, 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Lock screen in Rainmeter

Post by jsmorley »

You can simply hold down CTRL and right-click the skin to unload it.
theAzack9
Developer

Post by theAzack9 »

jsmorley wrote:You can simply hold down CTRL and right-click the skin to unload it.
Well... TIL

It certainly makes it less secure... but it was ment mostly as an example anyways. Thanks anyways :)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

There is absolutely nothing about Rainmeter that is "secure". It is cheerfully, wantonly, promiscuously unsecure by design.
theAzack9
Developer

Post by theAzack9 »

jsmorley wrote:There is absolutely nothing about Rainmeter that is "secure". It is cheerfully, wantonly, promiscuously unsecure by design.
Lol :rofl:
solid_ice8

Post by solid_ice8 »

Please update the skin to version 1.0.1 on your DA post. There's someone else that mentioned to update the version.

Perhaps it's the main reason the only password that's unlocking it is "1234" & not my own password set.
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

Hi Guys, sorry to raise an old issue, but this is brilliant code and I have revised it to use in my first project to use as a child lock. I have a question but first the main problem with the original code is actually Line 84 which reads

IfMatch=(?=^1234$)(?=^[^\s]+$)

But Should read

IfMatch=(?=^#password#$)(?=^[^\s]+$).

Then its works perfectly, - "sort of".

My question is (Don't Laugh I'm VERY to to this) what exactly is "Version=1.0.0" as used in the code and what does it do, I have made quite a few changes to the original code but it has had some stability issues that I don't understand. E.G. Even after I have deleted the first run inserted password from the code, it still accepts it, and doesn't let the user insert a new one. And no it definitely isn't anywhere in the code as a saved variable. I DON'T NEED HELP WITH THAT, because I have sorted that issue, but at one point I had two "IDENTICAL" files one worked and one didn't WTF.

So my question is if this version numbers is wrong, could it really cause "unexpected problems" First I thought the version number was something the original coder made up, so I used dates instead for my version codes, which appeared more logical. They appeared worked ok btw, nothing stopped working (which kind of suggest to me that the version number number isn't that important). But then I realised this was wrong so changed them back to the number in the original code just assuming it must be a Rainmeter version number. Which I assumed meant the code was written for that version?
Or should it be the version I'm using, or whatever the current version is. Sorry if this appears a stupid question, I just want to get this right.

Keith
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

The Version=.... option doesn't do anything by itself, it's just a string used to identify the skin code version in the code and the Information box of the skin from the Manage Rainmeter window, and can have any value, which is not related to the Rainmeter version in any way. It's the rest of the code that matters.

That being said, the version one sets when using the skin packager to create a .rmskin does matter, since it's used to move an older version of the same skin to the @Backup folder when installing a new version, IF the relevant checkbox has been ticked when installing that new version.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

Yincognito wrote: April 14th, 2023, 7:43 am
Thanks for clarifying that

Keith
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

LuciferVisuals wrote: April 15th, 2023, 9:14 pmThanks for clarifying that
No problem. ;-)
P.S. Sorry for not quoting you myself, I was on mobile then and it was a bit difficult to do that - hope you don't mind. ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth