It is currently April 26th, 2024, 1:20 am

[Help] Working, but invisible icons in dock system

General topics related to Rainmeter.
AmountUs

[Help] Working, but invisible icons in dock system

Post by AmountUs »

Hello,

I'm trying to use Raindock by Jonseppanen, it works, however the icons are invisible.
I'm new here, and I couldn't find any solution for this. The author has been away for a long time, so I don't know where else to turn for help.

Can someone help me please?

EDIT:
boring version...
So I'm new here, I wanted to ask for some help, so I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong place.
It's been a few days since I entered this life of "Windows Customization" and I'm liking the results so far. I'm using Rainmeter, Nexus Dock and Wallpaper Engine. Despite not knowing much about rainmeter, programming and such things, I am managing to reallocate some resources from other skins, to build my own desktop. Everything is going well so far, I'm glad many of my questions, to fix bugs, are in old threads! Thank you community!

I want to change the nexus dock for a dock made in rainmeter (even if it uses some backend). Searching a lot so far, I found 2 docks working. They create and show the programs that are open, like the windows taskbar, and you can just go back to it by clicking on the icon (it's not hidden outside the dock).
The first one I found was (ProgramOptions)https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=22868 from @theAzack9
It's quite interesting but the dock seems broken and not working as shown in the video properly to me. In addition to having a bug, where some windows appear, when it is turned off, but inside the skins folder.

The second is a more modern one and the one I want to use (RainDock) https://github.com/jonseppanen/Raindock from (jonseppanen).
However, she is all invisible(image - there are 3 icons open there(working) but they are invisible), I've been snooping around in his ini but I haven't made much progress(I installed it by the .rmskin offered by it, of course)

Can anyone give me a light? I really want to use this dock!(Raindock by Jonseppanen)
The creators has been inactive for a long time, so I'm asking directly here.
Also sorry for the long texts, the rainmeter really got me excited. haha

Cheers,
AmountUs
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [Help] Working, but invisible icons in dock system

Post by Yincognito »

I will probably not be able to test this, but from the top of my head, are you sure you followed exactly the developer usage instructions on GitHub?
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
AmountUs

Post by AmountUs »

Well, it doesn't say anything about installation. there is only one "requiriments", which basically tells you not to worry about downloading anything and recommendations to use another skin of his because it goes together.
Requirements
- If you don't have imagemagick installed, it will automatically download when you load the dock. Run the installer and Quit and restart rainmeter
- I advise using my other theme WWing with this theme, as it goes nicely together.
So I downloaded the .rmskin, installed it, restarted rainmeter, but the icons are invisible.
Yincognito wrote: April 14th, 2023, 8:12 am I will probably not be able to test this, but from the top of my head, are you sure you followed exactly the developer usage instructions on GitHub?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

AmountUs wrote: April 14th, 2023, 9:59 am Well, it doesn't say anything about installation. there is only one "requiriments", which basically tells you not to worry about downloading anything and recommendations to use another skin of his because it goes together.

So I downloaded the .rmskin, installed it, restarted rainmeter, but the icons are invisible.
It's almost never as simple as not worrying and have everything done for you, and not just when it comes to this skin or Rainmeter - a basic user involvement or awareness of how to use something is typically needed anyway. You do have to have ImageMagick installed (whether the skin downloads it or yourself) and have the corresponding .png icons from the ...\@Resources\Loglyphs folder of the skin ready to use (if they can't be extracted by the skin from the corresponding executables, that is).

For example, in my case, it works, but as you can see it's not the same for every program (because not all the icons are properly present in the mentioned folder or could be extracted from the executables):
Raindock.jpg
In the screenshot above, the icons for Chrome, Windows Settings or Photoshop already exist at the right size in the said folder, hence they work by default. The icon for Winamp was able to be extracted at the correct size from the Winamp.exe executable despite not existing in the folder, so it works as well. A couple of the rest (e.g. ApexDC, AVerTV or Total Commander) of the icons were able to be extracted from their executables, but not at their right size, so they appear smaller (I extracted myself the 48x48 version of the icon from AVerTV.exe using ResourceHacker and placed the converted .png in the folder, thus it is shown at the right size above). The rest are invisible because the skin could not find the properly named .png in that folder and couldn't extract an icon from the executable either.

The solution might involve one or both of the below possibilities:
- install ImageMagick if you didn't already (I suppose this is used to handle various images or convert them)
- create the correspondingly named .png files in the already mentioned folder as an alternative in case the icons can't be extracted from executables
Other than that, I don't know why your screenshot shows the skin white - unless you somehow configured it that way. For me it shows transparent, as the screenshot above demonstrates. Lastly, you should make sure that the raindock.exe executable and the .ahk script from the @Resources folder are able to run and aren't, for example, blocked by some overzealous AV and such.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AmountUs

Post by AmountUs »

Sorry for the late reply, it's been a busy day.
I think it downloads the images automatically?

Code: Select all

[DownloadImageMagick]
UpdateDivider=-1
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
URL="https://www.imagemagick.org/script/download.php"
RegExp=(?siU).*dll.exe.*"(.*)"
StringIndex=1
Download=1
FinishAction=[!UpdateMeasure RunImageMagick][!CommandMeasure RunImageMagick Run]
DynamicVariables=1
Disabled=1
But... Unfortunately, when installing ImageMagick (windows), and following the steps with the installation of the Windows Package and the steps of the Windows prompt to verify that there was no error, now when I start the rainmeter it just closes right away, without give no answer.
I didn't find a folder where the logs are written, is there any, or just in the menu of the program itself?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

AmountUs wrote: April 15th, 2023, 2:17 am Sorry for the late reply, it's been a busy day.
I think it downloads the images automatically?

[DownloadImageMagick]
UpdateDivider=-1
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
URL="https://www.imagemagick.org/script/download.php"
RegExp=(?siU).*dll.exe.*"(.*)"
StringIndex=1
Download=1
FinishAction=[!UpdateMeasure RunImageMagick][!CommandMeasure RunImageMagick Run]
DynamicVariables=1
Disabled=1
But... Unfortunately, when installing ImageMagick (windows), and following the steps with the installation of the Windows Package and the steps of the Windows prompt to verify that there was no error, now when I start the rainmeter it just closes right away, without give no answer.
I didn't find a folder where the logs are written, is there any, or just in the menu of the program itself?
No, this measure is probably downloading the ImageMagick installer (not the images) as part of the "automatic" process in the skin. If you do it manually or already have it installed, it is of no concern (for example, I already had ImageMagick installed and got no prompt whatsoever from the skin). You can enable either the Debug Mode or Logging To File from the Settings tab of the Manage Rainmeter window, and you can view the log by pressing the proper button. You can also see the skins' log and values in the first two tabs from the About window.

That being said, if Rainmeter closes right away you won't be able to see the skins' log, even though the Rainmeter log, if the proper checkmarks are ticked, will be available at C:\Users\[UserName]\Appdata\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.log in the case of a standard Rainmeter installation.

In order to make sure it's this skins (and not something else) that's causing the crash (this is what it looks like, if Rainmeter closes right away), you should only have this skin loaded. In any case, there should be no problem with it, as you could see, it worked for me without any issues, with the different style of images just a minor problem.
AmountUs

Post by AmountUs »

Oh I see. Anyway, I used the manual installation of imagemagick from its website, as I said in the previous post.

I tested it, removing all the plugins I use and leaving only the raindock. And even so, when I activate it, the rainmeter closes and does not open anymore.
I enabled the log and this log here is generated: https://pastebin.com/dax9H902
Despite not being very good at reading logs, I don't see any "error" or "warning" messages.

I also tried to reinstall using .rmskin and disabling the automatic installation of imagemagick, but it kept closing automatically.

EDIT:

I removed the C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Plugins\MagickMeter.dll from the plugins, and rainmeter opens, but there are no icons, even for google chrome or rainmeter (which is already in the skin folder).
There must be some conflict between rainmeter and magickmeter? Perhaps, some version of magickmeter that I downloaded?
I downloaded the first version for windows, available from the list on the ImageMagick Site

I'm using windows 11, I don't know if it's relevant. And yeah, win 11 x64 bits
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

AmountUs wrote: April 15th, 2023, 4:36 pmDespite not being very good at reading logs, I don't see any "error" or "warning" messages.
Errors, no ... but did you just loaded two versions of this skin at the same time?

DBUG (12:31:57.056) Raindock\raindock.ini: Reading file: C:\Users\...\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Raindock\raindock.ini
DBUG (12:31:57.065) Raindock\raindock.ini: Reading file: C:\Users\...\Raindock\raindock.ini
This could explain the problems you have...

I'm on Win10 x64, ImageMagick 7.1.0 Q16-HDRI x64, but as far as I know (even though I can't test that, being on Win10), there shouldn't be any issues in that regard.
AmountUs

Post by AmountUs »

Yincognito wrote: April 15th, 2023, 5:08 pm Errors, no ... but did you just loaded two versions of this skin at the same time?

DBUG (12:31:57.056) Raindock\raindock.ini: Reading file: C:\Users\...\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Raindock\raindock.ini
DBUG (12:31:57.065) Raindock\raindock.ini: Reading file: C:\Users\...\Raindock\raindock.ini
This could explain the problems you have...

I'm on Win10 x64, ImageMagick 7.1.0 Q16-HDRI x64, but as far as I know (even though I can't test that, being on Win10), there shouldn't be any issues in that regard.
Yes, this has happened since I installed windows 11, I don't know why, but I have 2 documents folders.

But it's exactly the error with the MagickMeter.dll. There is some mismatch that is causing the rainmeter to close.
I found this repository from ImageMagick, and then I just downloaded the "magickmeter_0.7.3_x64_x86_dll.zip" and put it in place. Now it's working great! :)
Now I just need to configure it to be the ideal size.

Thank you for your time and your help! C:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

AmountUs wrote: April 15th, 2023, 5:25 pm Yes, this has happened since I installed windows 11, I don't know why, but I have 2 documents folders.

But it's exactly the error with the MagickMeter.dll. There is some mismatch that is causing the rainmeter to close.
I found this repository from ImageMagick, and then I just downloaded the "magickmeter_0.7.3_x64_x86_dll.zip" and put it in place. Now it's working great! :)
Now I just need to configure it to be the ideal size.

Thank you for your time and your help! C:
Excellent! :great: Just make sure you only have ONE Raindock skin active, not two at the same time (that "dedoubling" might possibly be related to OneDrive, but that's besides the point, the idea is that it shouldn't happen).