It is currently April 27th, 2024, 6:49 pm

Is there any way to change/disable the Safe Start hotkey?

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Crest

Is there any way to change/disable the Safe Start hotkey?

Post by Crest »

After upgrading Rainmeter I've found the Safe Start feature (added in 2020) interrupts a hotkey I'm typically pressing during Windows boot (which contains Ctrl among other keys), causing Rainmeter which is set to launch at startup to prompt asking if it should start in safe mode and disable all other skins.

Is there any Rainmeter.ini setting that can override this behavior or default hotkey used?
Brian
Developer

Re: Is there any way to change/disable the Safe Start hotkey?

Post by Brian »

There is no way to change or disable this. You may have to start Rainmeter manually, or some sort of delay start (maybe with Task Scheduler).

Either way, you will probably want to run the Rainmeter installer again and UNCHECK the "Launch Rainmeter on startup" checkbox.

-Brian
Crest

Re: Is there any way to change/disable the Safe Start hotkey?

Post by Crest »

Brian wrote: April 12th, 2023, 4:45 am There is no way to change or disable this. You may have to start Rainmeter manually, or some sort of delay start (maybe with Task Scheduler).

Either way, you will probably want to run the Rainmeter installer again and UNCHECK the "Launch Rainmeter on startup" checkbox.

-Brian
Ah, that's a pity. I actually have it installed portably so it's already manually run at startup by adding an LNK shortcut to the Start-up directory.

Also thanks for the continued development of Rainmeter :)