It is currently April 16th, 2024, 10:41 am

System (game overlay)

Skins that monitor system information
sl23

Re: System (game overlay)

Post by sl23 »

You've done a great job, but too much text for me.

Bluetooth purpose? Just a switch to make it quicker to toggle on or off.

Thanks, I like the look personally, just wasn't sure it's anyone else's taste. :oops:
- MuLab -
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sl23 wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 2:09 pmYou've done a great job, but too much text for me.
Bluetooth purpose? Just a switch to make it quicker to toggle on or off.
Thanks, I like the look personally, just wasn't sure it's anyone else's taste. :oops:
I know, it makes sense. I had to use text to match minimal size with maximal info, and provide better precision over more attractive formats that only suggest approximate values. They're wider to fit critical info, e.g. CPU usage is meaningless without knowing the frequency it is measured against or the CPU temperature and so on. Since they're separate skins and not a bar, anyone can load only a few of them that he deems necessary.

Thanks for the BT clarification. I do like the look of your suite. It reminds me of the time when I also made the clock bigger for better viewing, and in fact, I might very well consider adding more graphical variants for all the skins in my suite (it shouldn't be hard as the unified structure is already there, the question is how and what to display as a single value). ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Yeah I guessed as much ;-)
Only reason I wanted CPU or RAM info was that years ago, when I had my first laptop with Vista 32 Home, Windows would freeze when running music apps. But tbh, I probably don't even need that now. It was just a quick indicator to see if the cause was CPU/RAM usage or some other reason. Meaning if it wasn't CPU/RAM, time to panic! :lol:

:D Have I influenced you a little? :oops: :bow:
I thought maybe a background bar, ya know, behind the text for each meter, only where required of course. Maybe using JSMorley's Bar skin that changes the text colour as it goes over the text? Not sure where that is now or what it's called. Maybe you already know how to do this anyway, being the sage that you are! :thumbup:

Here's the suite I use currently:
Rainmeter sl23_2023.4.3.rmskin
Just so you can see how the bluetooth and other features work, if you wanted to that is! :oops:
I crammed a lot in these small skins, they might not be very optimised though?!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- MuLab -
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sl23 wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 8:32 pm :D Have I influenced you a little? :oops: :bow:
You sure did, along with your skins - will see how it'll turn out, I'll have to reconcile lots of possibilities and constraints (since I crammed more in them than you did). :???: Thanks for the link, the BT thing is interesting indeed. The skins run fine, no obvious optimization seems to be needed. :thumbup:

-----------

I'll stop here with this though, as no matter how nice is to talk about these things with you (remember when we filled up 30+ pages with this and that, lol?), I don't want to derail killall-q's thread for his suite (which looks very nice too, not to mention the quality of his other projects and codes over the forum).
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Oh wow, sounds interesting! Let me know when you're done I'd love to see how it turns out.

And yes you're right, sorry to the op for the hijack! :oops:
- MuLab -
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sl23 wrote: April 4th, 2023, 9:36 amOh wow, sounds interesting! Let me know when you're done I'd love to see how it turns out.
I'll surely do. ;-)