It is currently April 19th, 2024, 3:23 am

Gadgets 7.6.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Grunt

Re: Gadgets 7.5.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by Grunt »

Ok, after three restarts of Windows and two reinstalls of the skin everything is now working.

Thanks!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Grunt wrote: March 24th, 2023, 2:38 pm Ok, after three restarts of Windows and two reinstalls of the skin everything is now working.

Thanks!
WOW! O.O That's really strange, but glad to hear you got it all working! Let me know if you run into any other issues.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
jmcease

Post by jmcease »

I had to reinstall my OS and am almost have things running in order, but have a small problem with CPU Meter. It gadget is showing threads instead of cores. I have tried to make adjustments with hardware info and the gadget. I verified the indexes and they look good. What am I missing to fix this problem with displaying threads instead of Cores. Thanks in advance for your assistance and my stupidity.

Jim
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

jmcease wrote: April 7th, 2023, 2:24 pm I had to reinstall my OS and am almost have things running in order, but have a small problem with CPU Meter. It gadget is showing threads instead of cores. I have tried to make adjustments with hardware info and the gadget. I verified the indexes and they look good. What am I missing to fix this problem with displaying threads instead of Cores. Thanks in advance for your assistance and my stupidity.

Jim
The CPU Meter shows "logical cores"; i.e., threads. It has always done this; even the original AddGadgets sidebar gadget worked this way. This is because Windows does not see physical cores, it sees logical cores, and reports usage and performance data on a per-logical core basis. It is not possible to change this behavior.
Vrozaro

Post by Vrozaro »

Hi all,

I recently installed 7.5.0 after updating from Win10 to Win11. Everything works a treat, with the sole exception being the GPU Meter.

Can anybody help me diagnose this?

I'm currently running a 2070S Founders Edition on an Asus TUF x570+. I've made sure that HwInfo displays my card. Am I missing some crucial detail?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Vrozaro wrote: April 8th, 2023, 7:08 pm Hi all,

I recently installed 7.5.0 after updating from Win10 to Win11. Everything works a treat, with the sole exception being the GPU Meter.

Can anybody help me diagnose this?

I'm currently running a 2070S Founders Edition on an Asus TUF x570+. I've made sure that HwInfo displays my card. Am I missing some crucial detail?
Did you follow the instructions for mapping the HWiNFO sensors?
Vrozaro

Post by Vrozaro »

SilverAzide wrote: April 8th, 2023, 9:29 pm Did you follow the instructions for mapping the HWiNFO sensors?
Sorry about that, got down to business and got it working. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
Janizter

Post by Janizter »

I got the GPU meter working with the guide that I found, but Drives meter seems to give me problems. (Lack of sleep too)
So, If someone kindly could point me to the right direction and explain how do I get those percentages working?
Please, thank you. :)

SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Janizter wrote: April 18th, 2023, 6:25 pm I got the GPU meter working with the guide that I found, but Drives meter seems to give me problems. (Lack of sleep too)
So, If someone kindly could point me to the right direction and explain how do I get those percentages working?
Please, thank you. :)
This looks like a classic case of corrupted performance counters. See the Gadgets wiki article here:

HOW TO: Fix your Performance Counters database.
Janizter

Post by Janizter »

SilverAzide wrote: April 18th, 2023, 7:35 pm This looks like a classic case of corrupted performance counters. See the Gadgets wiki article here:

HOW TO: Fix your Performance Counters database.
I don't think that's the issue, because I saw it briefly (few seconds) to 1-2% and then back to 0%
Or maybe it is, if it should be more active?
I'll check your link, thanks.

I suppose it is this?
Displays percent disk utilization for each drive, plus the total.
Edit: Well, i'm copying files between drives and it show much better (bigger) numbers. Thank you.