It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:03 pm

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
TotemSP2

Re: Gadgets 7.5.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by TotemSP2 »

SilverAzide wrote: February 19th, 2023, 4:06 pm It appears in your screenshot that your machine is/was running in NUMA mode. Thus, the title at the top of the Gadget, which says "Node #0". If you were to open the Node #1 skin, you should see the skin indicate "Node #1" and it should also say 8GB of RAM. If you hover over the AMD icon, you should see a tooltip; it will indicate how many NUMA nodes were detected, and the total installed RAM on your machine, which seems to be 16GB.

With both Node #0 and #1 skins showing, you'll see the usage data for all 16 of the threads in your CPU, as well. With only one CPU Meter showing, you are seeing only half your machine.
Wow, I wasn't totally aware of that, but it does make a lot of sense.

Having both nodes does fix that issue, and I can see all my threads.

Seems like a big rabbit hole to go down. I might look into how to switch modes, but I'm also not too fussed about my PC's performance atm, so maybe.

Thanks for giving this such attention.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

TotemSP2 wrote: February 19th, 2023, 6:32 pm Wow, I wasn't totally aware of that, but it does make a lot of sense.

Having both nodes does fix that issue, and I can see all my threads.

Seems like a big rabbit hole to go down. I might look into how to switch modes, but I'm also not too fussed about my PC's performance atm, so maybe.

Thanks for giving this such attention.
Excellent news, thanks! You should be able to switch between modes in your BIOS, from what I've been told. (I don't know what the setting is called, sorry.) If you do change it, the CPU Meter will re-configure itself and you'll see what looks like a 8C/16T CPU with 16GB of RAM. You'll need only one CPU Meter skin in that case (1 per CPU/Node/socket).
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
jmcease

Post by jmcease »

First I want to say I am new to Rainmeter and HWiNFO. They are two great tools. I love these gadgets, but would love to be able to monitor coolant temperature and flowrate which are measured by aquacomputer highflow NEXT in HWiNFO. My question is there a way to modify the skin to allow additional items to be measured in lets say the CPU Meter Gadget?

HWiNFO Sensor Entry Index List

Index Sensor Label Value
----- ---------------------------------------- ------------------------------ ---------------
25 Aquacomputer highflow NEXT Water Temperature 74.8 °F
26 Aquacomputer highflow NEXT Coolant Flow 69.0 G/H

Thanks in advance for your response and great work on these gadgets ...
Jim
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

jmcease wrote: March 16th, 2023, 12:54 am First I want to say I am new to Rainmeter and HWiNFO. They are two great tools. I love these gadgets, but would love to be able to monitor coolant temperature and flowrate which are measured by aquacomputer highflow NEXT in HWiNFO. My question is there a way to modify the skin to allow additional items to be measured in lets say the CPU Meter Gadget?

HWiNFO Sensor Entry Index List

Index Sensor Label Value
----- ---------------------------------------- ------------------------------ ---------------
25 Aquacomputer highflow NEXT Water Temperature 74.8 °F
26 Aquacomputer highflow NEXT Coolant Flow 69.0 G/H

Thanks in advance for your response and great work on these gadgets ...
Jim
Hello! Glad to hear you are enjoying the Gadgets. At this point, there is not a way to show this in the CPU Meter. I am planning on (eventually, in the next release) creating a generic "HWiNFO Meter" that will show anything you want.

In the mean time, you can show that information in the GPU Meter. Open the GPU Meter skin and click the little wrench icon in the upper right corner to open the GPU Meter Settings. Click the "Edit HWiNFO Settings" button/link. Scroll waaaaay down to the section with the comment "GPU optional additional monitoring". Add your sensor indexes to the optional settings, like so:

Code: Select all

HWiNFO_GPU0_Option1=#HWiNFO_GPU0_CoreVoltage#
HWiNFO_GPU0_Option2=25
HWiNFO_GPU0_Option3=26
(Assuming your GPU is #0; if not, add this to the proper set of variables associated with your GPU index.) If you want these values to be graphed, then change the corresponding "hidegraph" options to "0". Save the file, refresh the GPU Meter, and you should be good to go! Let me know if you run into any issues or have additional questions.

P.S.: If the sensor name is too long to fit in the space provided ("Aquacomputer highflow NEXT Water Temperature") you have a couple of options. One is to edit the regexp in the measure that fetches the name of the sensor and chop off or change the text to something shorter. If you want to avoid changing the skin, then you can change the sensor name directly in HWiNFO. On the sensor window, right-click the sensor and select the Rename option, and change the text to something shorter.
jmcease

Post by jmcease »

Awesome, just as you described and works great. I didnt have to modify anything as the gadget displays Water Temperature and Coolant Flow. I look forward to the generic widget that you can display anything. A cool thing would be to allow an animated icon in upper left of this widget that can be customized to display lets say a water pump or flow meter to indicate what you are monitoring.

Thanks again for your assistance.
Jim
Grunt

Post by Grunt »

Working on a new laptop.

The weather gadget is stuck on Ft. Hunt VA.

I search for my location, click on it, the gadget goes black for a second then comes back to Ft. Hunt VA.

I've tried running Rainmeter as a Admin, I've tried editing the WeatherLocation.inc file by hand.

Neither one worked

I copied the entire folder over from my old laptop, didn't help.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Grunt wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 12:57 pm Working on a new laptop.

The weather gadget is stuck on Ft. Hunt VA.

I search for my location, click on it, the gadget goes black for a second then comes back to Ft. Hunt VA.

I've tried running Rainmeter as a Admin, I've tried editing the WeatherLocation.inc file by hand.

Neither one worked

I copied the entire folder over from my old laptop, didn't help.
The skin you are referring to is not the Gadgets Weather Meter. I think you are referring to this skin. Follow the instructions on the page to change the location.

P.S.: Running Rainmeter in admin mode is almost never a fix for an issue, and that particular skin doesn't need manual editing (nor does the Weather Meter skin).
Grunt

Post by Grunt »

No it's the Gadget Weather.

SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Grunt wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 2:59 pm No it's the Gadget Weather.
Odd!!! Then could something have been mangled, like overwriting the Gadgets with pieces from some other skin? I don't use "Ft. Hunt, VA" -- anywhere, ever -- as my default starting location, I use "New York, NY", so something is definitely corrupted with your setup. The additional fact that your date (at the bottom) is all uppercase is making me wonder as well, as this is not something that is provided as an option out of the box.

I would suggest deleting the Gadgets installation entirely and reinstalling using the latest version from here. To delete, just navigate to "C:\Users<username>\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins" and delete the Gadgets folder. If there is a @Backup folder, definitely delete that too, otherwise some old corrupted files may be restored. Then restart Rainmeter and reinstall the Gadgets.

Once the suite is installed, in the upper right corner of each skin is a little wrench icon. Click that and the Settings for that skin will open. For the location, click the search icon and enter your street address, then press <Enter> to get a list of locations to pick from.
Grunt

Post by Grunt »

I'll give that a try.