It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:30 pm

LuaCalendar

Clocks and timer skins
pds

Re: LuaCalendar

Post by pds »

But I discovered another problem. I have an event and I want it to last two days, how should I do it?
I tried :

Code: Select all

<Event Year="2023" Month="3" Day="27" Repeat="custom" Multiplier="86400">Test</Event>
but that repeated the event for every day.
Snímka obrazovky 2023-03-21 112126.jpg
For example, I want the event to be only on March 27 and 28. What am I doing wrong, or is there another entry for this?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

pds wrote: March 21st, 2023, 10:23 am But I discovered another problem. I have an event and I want it to last two days, how should I do it?
I tried :

<Event Year="2023" Month="3" Day="27" Repeat="custom" Multiplier="86400">Test</Event>
but that repeated the event for every day.

For example, I want the event to be only on March 27 and 28. What am I doing wrong, or is there another entry for this?
There's no "duration" setting for an event. If you want an event to last two days, then you simply create two events, one for each day.
pds

Post by pds »

SilverAzide wrote: March 21st, 2023, 11:52 am There's no "duration" setting for an event. If you want an event to last two days, then you simply create two events, one for each day.
Repeat*
When used, this option allows an event to repeat using a specified pattern as listed below.

Month: The event repeats on the same day each month. If a multiplier is used a full date must be specified, else only a day is necessary.
Year: The event repeats on a yearly basis. Month and day must be specified.
Week: The event repeats on a weekly basis. A full date must be specified.
Custom: The event will repeat based on the number of seconds specified in the Multiplier option. A number greater than 86400 must be used.

Note: A single day is represented as 86400.
and what is the purpose of "Repeat" ?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

pds wrote: March 21st, 2023, 1:24 pm and what is the purpose of "Repeat" ?
It is for events that repeat at some specific interval, like yearly, monthly, weekly, etc. You could of course create an event that repeats daily, but then -- as you noticed -- you end up with an event happening every single day forever, which is not what you want.
pds

Post by pds »

SilverAzide wrote: March 21st, 2023, 5:24 pm It is for events that repeat at some specific interval, like yearly, monthly, weekly, etc. You could of course create an event that repeats daily, but then -- as you noticed -- you end up with an event happening every single day forever, which is not what you want.
So the "Repeat custom" function does not work as it should. So what's a shame.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

SilverAzide wrote: March 21st, 2023, 11:52 am There's no "duration" setting for an event. If you want an event to last two days, then you simply create two events, one for each day.
Hello. So I am messing around again with this calendar. What I have so far is really great.

However, I would like to ad a repeating event that can start from last Thursday 9 Nov, then repeat every 2 weeks.

I quoted the above post as it was as close as I got finding a solution for the lua calendar skin to do this.

I 'think' it would be something like this, at the top before the Month numbering starts:
<Event Month="11" Day="9" Week="{$Second}">Two Weeks</Event>
So it does not work this way, and I am hoping for a leg up on the xml file used for creating Events.

Thanks for any help.
Since this Event is not an actual holiday with varying days or weeks etc, I imagine once started the fortnightly Thursdays (following 9 Nov 2023) would repeat forever ( I Hope :) )

CC
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Ok, I beat the punch.

This Works:
<Event Year="2023" Month="11" Day="9" Repeat="Custom" Multiplier="1209600">Two Weeks</Event>

Found this in a different thread that was started on the 'help with skins' Topic.

:thumbup:
MaximusPrime

Post by MaximusPrime »

I would like to know a couple of things

1. How do you display the list of events in the bottom of the luacalendar v6.0 skin

Like this:

2. Is it possible to have a certain time on an event for example : Event X at 1:00pm Event Y at 3:00pm on the same day

Just Curious

EDIT: I found the answer to #1 - There is a Style called "DefaultEvents" that you have to reference in the @include2 in the LuaCalendar.ini file

EDIT #2: Also could the text colors in the bottom match the color on the calendar for example if the event is in

<styleColorGreen /> 
then could the text of that event be the same green?