It is currently April 24th, 2024, 2:18 am

Multi-Monitor but Fixed Area for Skins?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Dizzy49

Multi-Monitor but Fixed Area for Skins?

Post by Dizzy49 »

I have seen a lot of Multi-Monitor setups and various utilities, but I have a unique ask...

I have 3 monitors (3840x2160 each). I only use the two screens on the right though. The third one I switch back and forth from my desktop to laptop. I don't need/want any skins on the third monitor. So if I can define a 7680x2160 area anchored on the upper right then it shouldn't matter when I switch my monitor and shouldn't need multiple configs, etc.

Is something like that possible?

I was playing with the Sylistic skin a bit. I tried to move the weather to screen 2, bit I couldn't get it to move. I selected Virtual Screen and nothing. I tried to select "Generic PnP Monitor 2" and it didn't move either.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Multi-Monitor but Fixed Area for Skins?

Post by SilverAzide »

Dizzy49 wrote: March 16th, 2023, 10:32 pm I have seen a lot of Multi-Monitor setups and various utilities, but I have a unique ask...

I have 3 monitors (3840x2160 each). I only use the two screens on the right though. The third one I switch back and forth from my desktop to laptop. I don't need/want any skins on the third monitor. So if I can define a 7680x2160 area anchored on the upper right then it shouldn't matter when I switch my monitor and shouldn't need multiple configs, etc.

Is something like that possible?

I was playing with the Sylistic skin a bit. I tried to move the weather to screen 2, bit I couldn't get it to move. I selected Virtual Screen and nothing. I tried to select "Generic PnP Monitor 2" and it didn't move either.
Have you tried setting the skin positioning to be relative to the right side of the monitor/desktop? For each skin, right-click and select Settings > Position > From right. From then on, that skin's position will be relative to the right-side of the desktop, and switching your leftmost monitor on/off will have no effect. Repeat for all skins.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Dizzy49

Post by Dizzy49 »

I did as you suggested and in Position I selected 'From Right'
I then went to Manage Skin, and the Coordinates are still from the upper left, not the right. And I can't drag any skin onto my second monitor.
If I select monitor 2 in the Display Monitor dropdown, it doesn't do anything.

Same thing happens with the default Rainmeter skins.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Dizzy49 wrote: March 19th, 2023, 5:57 am I did as you suggested and in Position I selected 'From Right'
I then went to Manage Skin, and the Coordinates are still from the upper left, not the right.
This is normal, the Manage dialog always shows the actual location. The only place where you can see this setting change is in Rainmeter.ini.
Dizzy49 wrote: March 19th, 2023, 5:57 am And I can't drag any skin onto my second monitor.
If I select monitor 2 in the Display Monitor dropdown, it doesn't do anything.

Same thing happens with the default Rainmeter skins.
Sounds like you've got something completely hosed up. Did you select monitor "@0"?
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...