It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:57 pm

[Skin] Steam Game list launcher (Recent/All)

Skins to open folders and launch applications and websites
Missing

[Skin] Steam Game list launcher (Recent/All)

Post by Missing »

Hello, a little while ago I made a skin for myself to quickly launch from my desktop the last 5 played games. Recently Steam changed their HTML code where I would fetch all the information to get the recent games ID. Due to that I had to completely redo how it works. It now get all the GameID data from a local file, it should be pretty future proof.
I am a complete beginner to Rainmeter and coding in general but I'm quite happy with the result and I think it could be useful to others so I share it here.
You need to have Python installed for it to work.
  • When you install it, the Settings window will open. You must enter your Steam ID and you can customize it's look and colours.
  • You can also decide if the skin shows the 10 most recent or most played games in your library.
  • After that, you exit with the red bar on top and the skin should be working fine. You might have to refresh it immediately so the games appear for the first time.

• Left mouse on the steam icon opens the Steam app, middle mouse opens your profile, right mouse opens your library.
  • Left click on the games thumbnail will launch them.
  • The skin can contain up to 10 games. It shows 5 at a time and you can scroll on any thumbnail to see more.
  • To access the Settings window again, right click anywhere (but the steam logo) and click Settings.
I have a very limited knowledge like I said, it might be poorly optimized so I'm open if anyone might have anything to point out respectfully. :D

Version 2.6:
  • The skin can now contain up to 10 games. Shows 5 at a time and you can scroll to see more.
SteamGameList(Recent_All) - Missing_2.6.rmskin
(44.58 KiB) Downloaded 392 times
Version 2.5:
  • The exit bar in Settings is not affected by opacity anymore.
  • New setting, can disable OnUnfocusedAction that would hide the games when clicking outside the skin.
SteamGameList(Recent_All) - Missing_2.5.rmskin
(23.32 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
Version 2.4:
  • Modified regex to get SteamID3.

Version 2.3:
  • Refresh problems should really be fixed.

Version 2.2:
  • Fixed refresh problems.
Last edited by Missing on March 24th, 2023, 3:22 am, edited 8 times in total.
The_Lolk_Plays

Re: [Skin] Steam Game list launcher (Recent/All)

Post by The_Lolk_Plays »

@Missing, Just want to say, this is really sweet. It would be nice if the NavBar doesn't disappear as soon as you unclick the Game List.

Otherwise this is really Sweet! :jawdrop
Missing

Post by Missing »

The_Lolk_Plays wrote: March 14th, 2023, 10:18 pm It would be nice if the NavBar doesn't disappear as soon as you unclick the Game List.
Thank you!!!
If you don't want the list to close when clicking elsewhere, you can simply remove the OnUnfocusAction=[...] on top of the script.
And if you plan on using it, I have just updated it because the refreshing wasn't working properly.
The_Lolk_Plays

Post by The_Lolk_Plays »

Removing OnUnfocusAction=[...] Worked perfectly.

Although I was having an issue yesterday which I got after the new version as well, dont remember what I did to solve it:
Screenshot 2023-03-15 094810.jpg
There is no difference between List Types "All" and "Recent". I restarted Steam and Rainmeter but no avail. Have you experienced this yet? ;-)

Additionally the button at the top of the settings tab disappears if you set the opacity to 0 (which I personally prefer :D )
Screenshot 2023-03-15 095234.jpg
Missing

Post by Missing »

The_Lolk_Plays wrote: March 15th, 2023, 8:51 am Although I was having an issue yesterday which I got after the new version as well, dont remember what I did to solve it:
There is no difference between List Types "All" and "Recent". I restarted Steam and Rainmeter but no avail. Have you experienced this yet? ;-)
If I understand correctly, no matter All or Recent, no games shows up? I think I might have fixed that. Can you try the new version (2.4), make sure to enter your SteamID and it should work.

Keep me updated :D

if it still doesn't work, show me what's in your
Rainmeter\Skins\SteamGameList\@Resources\UserVariables.inc
and
Rainmeter\Skins\SteamGameList\@Resources\gameIDs.txt
The_Lolk_Plays

Post by The_Lolk_Plays »

If I understand correctly, no matter All or Recent, no games shows up? I think I might have fixed that. Can you try the new version (2.4), make sure to enter your SteamID and it should work.

Keep me updated :D

if it still doesn't work, show me what's in your
Rainmeter\Skins\SteamGameList\@Resources\UserVariables.inc
and
Rainmeter\Skins\SteamGameList\@Resources\gameIDs.txt
It seems to be working fine after reinstalling 2.4 (after your changes)
Plus removing the "OnUnfocusAction" works verry well. Perhaps it could be a toggle in the settings?

Fyi, this is still the case:
Additionally the button at the top of the settings tab disappears if you set the opacity to 0 (which I personally prefer :D )
Screenshot 2023-03-15 095234.jpg
;-)
Missing

Post by Missing »

The_Lolk_Plays wrote: March 16th, 2023, 8:02 am Plus removing the "OnUnfocusAction" works verry well. Perhaps it could be a toggle in the settings?

Fyi, this is still the case:
Updated to fix both :D
Missing

Post by Missing »

Update:
Version 2.6:

The skin can now contain up to 10 games. Shows 5 at a time and you can scroll to see more.
The_Lolk_Plays

Post by The_Lolk_Plays »

Hey, sorry for my lack of followups. Been a little Busy :)

This is GREAT! Love that you included the unfocus in the settings.

FYI, clicking the arrow buttons doesn't seem to be working, it lauches the game behind it :D don't know if this was intended or not :P
Scrolling works fine.

Wish I knew more about how to do rainmeter customization I would have been able to come with more feedback :)
Missing

Post by Missing »

The_Lolk_Plays wrote: March 27th, 2023, 7:00 pm FYI, clicking the arrow buttons doesn't seem to be working, it lauches the game behind it :D don't know if this was intended or not :P
Scrolling works fine.
Indeed the arrows does nothing, otherwise it would hinder on launching a game that is at one of the corners. The arrows show up to indicate there are more games in that direction. The only way to move is by scrolling.