It is currently March 29th, 2024, 3:48 pm

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
raiguard

Re: ModernGadgets 1.8.2

Post by raiguard »

I think the time has come... I am officially ending development of ModernGadgets. It's been a wild ride over the last six years, but I don't use Windows any more, so I have no interest in maintaining this suite. Thank you all for your support!

If you want to switch to a suite that has an active maintainer, I highly recommend SilverAzide's Gadgets. I'm looking into potentially contributing a global flat theme to that suite, so those who use ModernGadgets for the aesthetics will feel more at home.

Of course, if someone wants to make a fork of this project, feel free. But my involvement is officially at an end.

Happy skinning!
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
prophet4NO1

Post by prophet4NO1 »

Sad to see you are moving on. Good luck with what ever you do going forward. Thanks for all the years of work you put in to this point.
y0himba

Post by y0himba »

Hello. I am having a weird issue. I am using Modern Gadgets, I have some configured for a transparent background, and some not for some reason.

So here, the graph background is opaque, this is the Modern Gadgets process meter:
y0himba-FDocumentsRainmeterSkinsM-133.png
Here is what I am trying to achieve, everything is transparent:
y0himba-FDocumentsRainmeterSkinsM-134.png
What file do I need to edit, and what should I put there to make the graph backgrounds transparent like the rest of the gadget?

Than you for any help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SilverAzide on January 30th, 2023, 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Moved post to proper thread.
---
Once up a time there was a now playing signature here. Now it is no more. Maybe someone can make a now playing sig gen for Last.fm? :thumbup:
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

y0himba wrote: January 30th, 2023, 5:59 am What file do I need to edit, and what should I put there to make the graph backgrounds transparent like the rest of the gadget?
In the @Resources folder, open the file StyleSheet.inc. Scroll down to the section marked "colors" and locate the variable colorGraphBg:

Code: Select all

colorGraphBg=#colorSubBg#
Change the line to this:

Code: Select all

colorGraphBg=#colorSubBg#,0
Let me know if this doesn't work for you.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
y0himba

Post by y0himba »

Thank you for the reply. What would I put there to make the graph background transparent?
---
Once up a time there was a now playing signature here. Now it is no more. Maybe someone can make a now playing sig gen for Last.fm? :thumbup:
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

y0himba wrote: January 30th, 2023, 4:12 pm Thank you for the reply. What would I put there to make the graph background transparent?
I'm not sure I follow. I explained what you need to do above. Did it not work?
y0himba

Post by y0himba »

Oh geez. I am an old fart reading on his phone at work, didn't get the entire post. Sorry and thank you! However, doesn't seem to be working?
y0himba-FDocumentsRainmeterSkinsM-139.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
---
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

y0himba wrote: January 31st, 2023, 2:41 am Oh geez. I am an old fart reading on his phone at work, didn't get the entire post. Sorry and thank you! However, doesn't seem to be working?
Well, darn, I thought that would work. Where the heck is that purple color coming from? I guess I gotta ask: Have you modified the skins? Are you using the final version, 1.8.2?

The reason I ask is that the Global Settings skin in your screenshot has a purple background, which is normally the "Background Color" (just out of view of your screenshot). But the skins in your screenshot are all black backgrounds, not purple like the Settings skin. They should be the same, I think. The "Sub BG Color" is the color of the grid backgrounds (and text boxes and maybe a few other things), which is a super-dark gray by default, but in the screenshot it shows as black in the Settings and purple in the skins. It's like the background and sub-BG colors are flipped... any chance you edited the skins to flip them?
:confused:
y0himba

Post by y0himba »

I ran Chameleon, and they turned that color. I have Chameleon unloaded...
---
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

y0himba wrote: January 31st, 2023, 4:34 am I ran Chameleon, and they turned that color. I have Chameleon unloaded...
Ohhhh. I did not try that! I'm not sure what the code changes when you use that option. Perhaps it flips colors around when you choose that option but doesn't flip them back when the option is unchecked? I'm not familiar with that code, so I'd have to see. I hate to suggest re-installing the skins from scratch... but that might be the quickest option. Last I looked, raiguard has the installer configured to preserve your settings, so it is possible a re-install won't change anything. In that case you'd need to delete the skins (and any backup in the @Backup folder) first.

Did you try the "Reset all settings to defaults" option?