It is currently April 18th, 2024, 8:59 am

Manage Rainmeter do not respond

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Hercule

Manage Rainmeter do not respond

Post by Hercule »

Hello,
I discovered Rainmeter when I found a skin somewhere on reddit, the skin is applied but i can't modifiy anything : I try to launch the rainmeter manager (in the hidden icons of the hotbar) but it then show a blank window, and sometimes it says "rainmeter does not respond".
I tried updating my graphic card driver and restart my computer, but the problem persist.
I didn't found anything helpful on the forums, and I was wondering if anyone could help me.
Sorry for my bad english, and thank you in advance.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Manage Rainmeter do not respond

Post by SilverAzide »

Hercule wrote: January 25th, 2023, 9:05 pm Hello,
I discovered Rainmeter when I found a skin somewhere on reddit, the skin is applied but i can't modifiy anything : I try to launch the rainmeter manager (in the hidden icons of the hotbar) but it then show a blank window, and sometimes it says "rainmeter does not respond".
I tried updating my graphic card driver and restart my computer, but the problem persist.
I didn't found anything helpful on the forums, and I was wondering if anyone could help me.
Sorry for my bad english, and thank you in advance.
Do this: Rainmeter is crashing! What do I do?
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

EDIT: SilverAzide beat me...

Try closing Rainmeter. If it doesn't work you can hit Ctrl + Alt + Del and close it in Task Manager.
Now try to launch it, holding down the Ctrl key, from the Start Menu. If the Ctrl has been held down, when launching Rainmeter starts in safe mode. A dialog will ask you if you want to start it this way. Click Yes. Rainmeter should start with the default illustro skins, which at least if have not been altered should start normally. does Rainmeter starts in this mode?
If it does one of the skins you are using is the culprit. This is a possibility. If this is the case, please let us know for further guidance.
Hercule

Post by Hercule »

I launched rainmeter without the skins, and it works with the illustro one. So I guess my skin was the issue, although most of the people using it had no issues according to the deviantart comments.
Thank you for your help, and sorry for bothering you, I will try other skins.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Hercule wrote: January 25th, 2023, 9:50 pm I launched rainmeter without the skins, and it works with the illustro one. So I guess my skin was the issue, although most of the people using it had no issues according to the deviantart comments.
Thank you for your help, and sorry for bothering you, I will try other skins.
For first, please let us know which is the incriminated skin. A link where we can download it would be great.
You (and no one) are not bothering anyone. We reply on this forum only when have time, so you don't bother.