It is currently March 29th, 2024, 4:40 am

Help | Resizable Skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
RicardoTM

Re: Help | Resizable Skin

Post by RicardoTM »

Thank you Balala, I'm still working on the final version. For now the most recent will be the one I uploaded in my last post.

So far I've decided to take out the ability for the list to resize, I mean, It can resize, but only with the gauge and not by itself. When I finish I'll update here.

Thank you!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

RicardoTM wrote: January 6th, 2023, 12:47 am When I finish I'll update here.
Alright. I'm gonna check it when it'll be uploaded.
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

Hey Balala! It's been a little while, I changed some things and added a lot more, could you please take a look? I would love to hear what you (and anyone else who want to try it) think about it.

Here's the Package
RTMSkin_0.5.rmskin
Also if you have any suggestion and recommendation please share.

Ps. I added more variables files but I skipped the step when making the package to add those variable files.. I'm not sure if they are in the package or not lol, if they're not please tell me and I'll remake the package.

Greetings.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

RicardoTM wrote: January 8th, 2023, 6:36 pm Also if you have any suggestion and recommendation please share.
Yep, have: you've omitted the escape characters form the value you want to set with the !SetOption bang of the IfTrueAction option of the [MeasureConfigActive] measure. I'm talking about the following ones: IfTrueAction=[!ActivateConfig "#ListConfig#" "#V#"][!SetVariable MyConfig "#ListConfig#"][!UpdateMeter "Gauge"][!SetVariable Action """[!SetWindowPosition "(#*CURRENTCONFIGX*#+#*CURRENTCONFIGWIDTH*#/2)" "(#*CURRENTCONFIGY*#+#*CURRENTCONFIGHEIGHT*#)" "#*ListAnchorX*#%" "#*ListAnchorY*#%" "#*ListConfig*#"]"""][!UpdateMeter "InvisibleCircle"] (hope you realize it's about the red characters). Especially those from the CURRENTCONFIGX, CURRENTCONFIGY, CURRENTCONFIGWIDTH AND CURRENTCONFIGHEIGHT variables are needed.
These characters are needed, without them there you have the same issue which you found in the previous code, noticed here:
RicardoTM wrote: January 4th, 2023, 1:31 am However, it does act weird. Now it correctly saves the size of the full list, but not the position. Check the gift:
So, recommend to replace the option with the above one.
RicardoTM wrote: January 8th, 2023, 6:36 pm Ps. I added more variables files but I skipped the step when making the package to add those variable files.. I'm not sure if they are in the package or not lol, if they're not please tell me and I'll remake the package.
There is no such thing that you could skip the step to add the needed files. If those files containing the variables are in the config (in its @Resources folder, or wherever in the config), you can't miss them and there is no need to add them manually. All files contained in the config are included into the package.
However there is one more thing you should take into account when you add included files (or use any other resources from the @Resources folder): NEVER but NEVER write the @Resources folder as @Resources, as you did in the @Include option of the [Variables] section: @Include=#SKINSPATH##Confg#\@Resources\Settings\CPU.inc. The red part of this option has to be replaced by the #@# variable (as you did in the @Include2 and @Include3 options): @Include=#@#Settings\CPU.inc. Let Rainmeter to know where to find the @Resources folder.

And one more: when you create the skin installer package, include the needed plugins, because you missed it in this case. Even if you are absolutely positive I have the plugin, you're not creating the installer only for me. There might be guys out there who don't have it installed, so should be a good idea to get the plugin installed when installing the package.
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

balala wrote: January 8th, 2023, 7:40 pm
Yep, have: you've omitted the escape characters form the value you want to set with the !SetOption bang of the IfTrueAction option of the [MeasureConfigActive] measure. I'm talking about the following ones: IfTrueAction=[!ActivateConfig "#ListConfig#" "#V#"][!SetVariable MyConfig "#ListConfig#"][!UpdateMeter "Gauge"][!SetVariable Action """[!SetWindowPosition "(#*CURRENTCONFIGX*#+#*CURRENTCONFIGWIDTH*#/2)" "(#*CURRENTCONFIGY*#+#*CURRENTCONFIGHEIGHT*#)" "#*ListAnchorX*#%" "#*ListAnchorY*#%" "#*ListConfig*#"]"""][!UpdateMeter "InvisibleCircle"] (hope you realize it's about the red characters). Especially those from the CURRENTCONFIGX, CURRENTCONFIGY, CURRENTCONFIGWIDTH AND CURRENTCONFIGHEIGHT variables are needed.
These characters are needed, without them there you have the same issue which you found in the previous code, noticed here:

So, recommend to replace the option with the above one.

There is no such thing that you could skip the step to add the needed files. If those files containing the variables are in the config (in its @Resources folder, or wherever in the config), you can't miss them and there is no need to add them manually. All files contained in the config are included into the package.
However there is one more thing you should take into account when you add included files (or use any other resources from the @Resources folder): NEVER but NEVER write the @Resources folder as @Resources, as you did in the @Include option of the [Variables] section: @Include=#SKINSPATH##Confg#\@Resources\Settings\CPU.inc. The red part of this option has to be replaced by the #@# variable (as you did in the @Include2 and @Include3 options): @Include=#@#Settings\CPU.inc. Let Rainmeter to know where to find the @Resources folder.

And one more: when you create the skin installer package, include the needed plugins, because you missed it in this case. Even if you are absolutely positive I have the plugin, you're not creating the installer only for me. There might be guys out there who don't have it installed, so should be a good idea to get the plugin installed when installing the package.
Alright, Thank you! those are fixed :thumbup: it's weird, because I don't have those problems even without the "*" lol but I added them anyway.

Did you find anything out of place in the "launcher"?

I got a question about it actually, I don't know if you have HWiNFO installed, but I added the path to the exe so people can launch it from the tutorial and from the lists, but what happens when someone doesn't have it installed in the default installation path? Is there a way to make sure it will launch no matter where they installed it?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

RicardoTM wrote: January 8th, 2023, 8:51 pm Did you find anything out of place in the "launcher"?
What do you mean by "out of place in the "launcher""?
RicardoTM wrote: January 8th, 2023, 8:51 pm I don't know if you have HWiNFO installed,
No, I don't have it installed.
RicardoTM wrote: January 8th, 2023, 8:51 pm but I added the path to the exe so people can launch it from the tutorial and from the lists, but what happens when someone doesn't have it installed in the default installation path? Is there a way to make sure it will launch no matter where they installed it?
Since I don't have it (as said above) I could test. Especially if I'd know what to test. So where should I click to launch it?
I assume there might by probably a registry key which could tell Rainmeter where HWiNFO is installed. You should find that entry. Tomorrow I could try taking a look (now it's too late here to work anymore, sorry), if needed.
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

balala wrote: January 8th, 2023, 9:36 pm What do you mean by "out of place in the "launcher""?
I mean like anything that could be improved in the code.
balala wrote: January 8th, 2023, 9:36 pm Since I don't have it (as said above) I could test. Especially if I'd know what to test. So where should I click to launch it?
I assume there might by probably a registry key which could tell Rainmeter where HWiNFO is installed. You should find that entry. Tomorrow I could try taking a look (now it's too late here to work anymore, sorry), if needed.
Yah it would be pretty nice if you could test the overall tutorial. When installing the skin for the first time, a welcome window is opened by default (Please delete the old version from the rainmeter.ini file before you install it so you can start it from scratch), there is a "open HWiNFO" button and a link to download the program so you can go to download it from there and then try the button. There's also another "button" (it's just text) to open hwinfo inside the list (the one that follows the gauge).

Primarily I'm interested in knowing how easy or difficult it is to follow the little tutorial I made, after selecting a gauge and a variant there is a settings panel to configure the gauge (mostly what sensors to monitor) and that might be the confusing part. And sure, don't worry, whenever you have time. I'll google the registry key to see if I can find anything.

Thank you and good night!

Here's the Package with the changes you suggested.
RTMSkin_0.5.rmskin
Ps. I tried including the plugins but it won't let me select them in the 32-bit, only 64 bit. it says invalid plugin, I guess I don't have the 32 bits because my system is 64 bits.. Or just can't find them anywhere in the rainmeter appdata folder nor in the documents foldes.
SharedScreenshot.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

If you have installed any package that uses external plugins, Rainmeter will automatically save the 32-bit and 64-bit variants, and version, in the @Vault folder under your SKINS folder.

When you are adding them to your package, that is where you will find versions for the 32-bit/64-bit variants.
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

eclectic-tech wrote: January 9th, 2023, 2:06 am If you have installed any package that uses external plugins, Rainmeter will automatically save the 32-bit and 64-bit variants, and version, in the @Vault folder under your SKINS folder.

When you are adding them to your package, that is where you will find versions for the 32-bit/64-bit variants.
ohh found it, thank you Eclectic, here's the package with the plugins included.
RTMSkin_0.5.rmskin
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

RicardoTM wrote: January 8th, 2023, 9:53 pm Yah it would be pretty nice if you could test the overall tutorial. When installing the skin for the first time, a welcome window is opened by default (Please delete the old version from the rainmeter.ini file before you install it so you can start it from scratch), there is a "open HWiNFO" button and a link to download the program so you can go to download it from there and then try the button. There's also another "button" (it's just text) to open hwinfo inside the list (the one that follows the gauge).
Yep, all these seem to be working well. No problems as far as I can tell, however as said I have no HWiNFO installed. Sorry, but I don't install it right now just to test, but as said, what I can test seems more or less alright (see below).
RicardoTM wrote: January 8th, 2023, 9:53 pm Primarily I'm interested in knowing how easy or difficult it is to follow the little tutorial I made, after selecting a gauge and a variant there is a settings panel to configure the gauge (mostly what sensors to monitor) and that might be the confusing part.
It seems to be easy to follow, if by "tutorial" you mean your own description in the skin itself. The linked description on Rainmeter's help is not your work, I assume, but both are alright.
But note two problems in the code:
  • When I click Continue in the Welcome.ini skin, I get a !ActivateConfig: Invalid parameters (RTMSkin\Settings\Welcome.ini) error message in the log, cause by a mistakenly specified file. Namely I'm talking about the file specified into the GeneralSettings variable (GeneralSettings=GeneralSettings.ini) in the [Variables] section of @Resources\Configs.ini included file. A GeneralSettings.ini file doesn't exist nor in the Settings folder, nor anywhere else under the root config. Don't know what skin did you want to activate, but check and fix it please, to avoid the error message.
  • Even if this doesn't cause another message in log, the !DeactivateConfig bang doesn't require two parameters. The name of the config is perfectly enough in this case, because Rainmeter knows extremely well which skin of the specified config is activated and deactivates that one (or gives another error in the log, if no skin is activated). Here is a great difference between the !ActivateConfig and the !DeactivateConfig bangs, many times ignored by many authors. !ActivateBang requires two parameters, the name of the config and the name of the skin within the specified config, which has to be activated (however note that even !ActivateConfig can work with only a name of a config). !DeactivateConfig on the other hand requires onyl a name of a config (so one single parameter), however even if added a second parameter (name of a skin in this case), there are no error messages in the log, because Rainmeter simply ignores the not-needed parameters. But strictly speaking, the !DeactivateConfig bang doesn't require the name of the skin. You did add this extra and not-needed parameter in the first bang of the LeftMouseUpAction option of [SettingsCloser] meter. Suggest you to remove it.