It is currently April 20th, 2024, 5:52 am

UPDATE and UPDATEDIVIDER behaviour needs improvement. Can't run first time and then delay?

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
NeilFawcett

Re: UPDATE and UPDATEDIVIDER behaviour needs improvement. Can't run first time and then delay?

Post by NeilFawcett »

Thanks... I'll have a play with the WEATHER HD script, but I'll swear setting UPDATE=1000 and then setting UPDATEDIVIDER=60 on most meters/values didn't reduce the CPU usage down as much as say just UPDATE=30000.

I'll play!

Thanks for the help and explanation! Appreciated!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: UPDATE and UPDATEDIVIDER behaviour needs improvement. Can't run first time and then delay?

Post by balala »

NeilFawcett wrote: January 6th, 2023, 7:05 pm I'll play!
Go ahead. If any question arises, feel free to come back and ask.
NeilFawcett wrote: January 6th, 2023, 7:05 pm Thanks for the help and explanation! Appreciated!
:thumbup:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

NeilFawcett wrote: January 6th, 2023, 7:05 pm Thanks... I'll have a play with the WEATHER HD script, but I'll swear setting UPDATE=1000 and then setting UPDATEDIVIDER=60 on most meters/values didn't reduce the CPU usage down as much as say just UPDATE=30000.
The CPU usage is cummulative across skins, meaning that each skin adds its own impact to that usage, in relation with the other skins and to other running software in your system. The difference you notice should not be that big, and if it's still noticeable, it may have something to do with the weather measures from the .inc files in @Resources instead. Other than that, there isn't any functional difference between having an update of 60000 and having an update of 1000 along with an update divider of 60 for every measure / meter in the skin (or even a DefaultUpdateDivider=60 in the [Rainmeter] section to cover up everything). That being said, the size of the skin and its media elements like images and their manipulation does have a significant influence on the CPU usage of a skin, because on every update (and not update divider, based on the overview here!) Rainmeter redraws the skin on the screen. The more work is done and the more frequent that work is to get to the said redraw, the higher the CPU usage.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth