It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:31 am

ActionTimer plugin; FadeOut not working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Derenaya

Re: ActionTimer plugin; FadeOut not working

Post by Derenaya »

Now move the [MouseHover] meter before [MeterLaunchChrome]. This way the [MouseHover] meter doesn't hides the icons when it's darkened.
Oh yeah, taking advantage of how the meters are drawn is an easy solution that saves on a lot of meters. However now they understandably all "light up" instead of just the icon that is currently being hovered over. I don't really see a different way than addressing each icon separately, similar to how I had it before :???:

Current code:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000

[MeasureFade]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer
Group=Sliders
ActionList1=Repeat FadeIn,20,20
FadeIn=[!SetVariable Alpha "(Clamp((#Alpha#+12.75),0,255))"]#Fade#
ActionList2=Repeat FadeOut,20,20
FadeOut=[!SetVariable Alpha "(Clamp((#Alpha#-12.75),0,255))"]#Fade#
IfTrueAction=[!HideMeter "MouseHover"][!Redraw]
IfFalseAction=[!ShowMeter "MouseHover"][!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1

[Variables]
Fade=[!UpdateMeasure "MeasureFade"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Hover"] [!Redraw]
Alpha=0

[MouseHover]
Meter=Image
ImageName="MouseHover.png"
H=1440
W=2560
ImageAlpha=#Alpha#
DynamicVariables=1 
Group=Hover

[MeterLaunchChrome]
Meter=Image
ImageName=Icons\Chrome.png
W=48		
H=48
X=300
Y=820
LeftMouseUpAction=["%windir%\Brave"]
MouseOverAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureFade" "Execute 1"] [!CommandMeasure "MeasureFade" "Stop 2"] [!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureFade" "Stop 1"] [!CommandMeasure "MeasureFade" "Execute 2"] [!Redraw]
SolidColor=0,0,0,1

[MeterLaunchHideVolumeOSD]
Meter=Image
ImageName=Icons\HideVolumeOSD.png
W=48
H=48
X=300
Y=(820+(48+10))
LeftMouseUpAction=["%windir%\HideVolumeOSD"]
MouseOverAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureFade" "Execute 1"] [!CommandMeasure "MeasureFade" "Stop 2"] [!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureFade" "Stop 1"] [!CommandMeasure "MeasureFade" "Execute 2"] [!Redraw]
SolidColor=0,0,0,1

[MeterLaunchDiscord]
Meter=Image
ImageName=Icons\Discord.png
W=48
H=48
X=300
Y=(820+((48*2)+20))
LeftMouseUpAction=["%windir%\Discord"]
SolidColor=0,0,0,1

[MeterLaunchDownloads]
Meter=Image
ImageName=Icons\Downloads.png
W=48
H=48
X=300
Y=(820+((48*3)+30))
LeftMouseUpAction=["%windir%\Downloads"]
SolidColor=0,0,0,1

[MeterLaunchPictures]
Meter=Image
ImageName=Icons\Pictures.png
W=48
H=48
X=300
Y=(820+((48*4)+40))
LeftMouseUpAction=["%windir%\Pictures"]
SolidColor=0,0,0,1

[MeterLaunchDocuments]
Meter=Image
ImageName=Icons\Documents.png
W=48
H=48
X=300
Y=(820+((48*5)+50))
LeftMouseUpAction=["%windir%\Documents"]
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Derenaya wrote: January 1st, 2023, 3:48 pm However now they understandably all "light up" instead of just the icon that is currently being hovered over. I don't really see a different way than addressing each icon separately, similar to how I had it before :???:
There might be some solutions. Here is a first one, wrote quickly, just to let you see what did I thought to.
The idea is to modify some parameters of the ColorMatrixX options of the icons (the appropriate Image meters). To do this:
  • Add the following bangs to all MouseOverAction options: [!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ColorMatrix5 "0.5;0.5;0.5;0;1"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw]
  • and the following ones to the MouseLeaveAction options: [!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ColorMatrix5 "0;0;0;0;1"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw]
With these bangs added the appropriate options look this way (posting only the modified options, everything else remains unchanged):

Code: Select all

[MeterLaunchChrome]
MouseOverAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureFade" "Execute 1"][!CommandMeasure "MeasureFade" "Stop 2"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ColorMatrix5 "0.5;0.5;0.5;0;1"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureFade" "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure "MeasureFade" "Execute 2"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ColorMatrix5 "0;0;0;0;1"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw]

[MeterLaunchHideVolumeOSD]
MouseOverAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureFade" "Execute 1"][!CommandMeasure "MeasureFade" "Stop 2"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ColorMatrix5 "0.5;0.5;0.5;0;1"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureFade" "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure "MeasureFade" "Execute 2"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ColorMatrix5 "0;0;0;0;1"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw]

[MeterLaunchDiscord]

[MeterLaunchDownloads]

[MeterLaunchPictures]

[MeterLaunchDocuments]
If you did add all these bangs, you can move the [MouseHover] meter wherever you want, before or after the icons, doesn't matter anymore.
The options might be further improved, as said this is just a quickly written solution, to let you see how does it work.
You can get a few ideas on how the ColorMatrix is working in this (very good) description.
Derenaya

Post by Derenaya »

Either I'm misunderstanding or I don't think it will work as I'm envisioning it :???:
If you did add all these bangs, you can move the [MouseHover] meter wherever you want, before or after the icons, doesn't matter anymore.
Unfortunately this is not the case. If I have the [MouseHover] meter above the launch meters then the [MouseHover] effect will be behind the icons, causing all of them to already be "light up" and the ColorMatrix to just change the color / saturation / brightness accordingly to what it's set to.

On the contrary if I have the [MouseHover] meter bellow the launch meters then all the icons as well as the changes of the ColorMatrix are behind the [MouseHover] effect.

So with that in mind I think the skin would have to have the following "layering": Icons (bottom) -> MouseHover effect (middle) -> Light Up (top) and I don't think the ColourMatrix is a good option for that since you don't really need to change the color / saturation / brightness of the picture if there's just an overlay of it on the top layer. Maybe I'm just stuck on that mindset and can't think outside the box though :???:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Derenaya wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 12:51 pm So with that in mind I think the skin would have to have the following "layering": Icons (bottom) -> MouseHover effect (middle) -> Light Up (top) and I don't think the ColourMatrix is a good option for that since you don't really need to change the color / saturation / brightness of the picture if there's just an overlay of it on the top layer. Maybe I'm just stuck on that mindset and can't think outside the box though :???:
In this case should keep the [LightUp...] meters and the appropriate !ShowMeter / !HideMeter bangs. Much easier indeed...
Derenaya

Post by Derenaya »

Okay, thank you very much for all the help then. :thumbup: :bow:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Derenaya wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 8:27 pm Okay, thank you very much for all the help then. :thumbup: :bow:
Glad to help.