It is currently April 19th, 2024, 12:21 pm

Music player infinite text flow

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Music player infinite text flow

Post by balala »

Kaizenitsune wrote: December 30th, 2022, 4:02 pm I can't send you an MP3 so here is a YouTube video
Alright, now I see what are you talking about and you're right. The @Resources\Marquee.lua script file is the one which doesn't handle those characters properly. But unfortunately I have no solutions, don't know the Lua programming language enough, to can tell what is causing this and how can it be fixed. Probably someone else is needed here.
Sorry...
Kaizenitsune

Post by Kaizenitsune »

balala wrote: December 30th, 2022, 4:36 pm Alright, now I see what are you talking about and you're right. The @Resources\Marquee.lua script file is the one which doesn't handle those characters properly. But unfortunately I have no solutions, don't know the Lua programming language enough, to can tell what is causing this and how can it be fixed. Probably someone else is needed here.
Sorry...
All good, do not worry that you can no longer help me there you have helped me so much, I would like to thank you again for, I understand the language a little better now and dare me now the suite of me even further expand with weather and calendar.

In principle, this works, it is really only the first of the in and out flow that is affected by the problem, everything in between works without problems.

I think there is no way around the fact that I sit down and try to learn the complete Lua programming language to solve the problem.

That is unfortunately the problem with programming languages that it is not enough to scratch the surface.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Kaizenitsune wrote: December 30th, 2022, 6:40 pm All good, do not worry that you can no longer help me there you have helped me so much, I would like to thank you again for, I understand the language a little better now and dare me now the suite of me even further expand with weather and calendar.
You're welcome. I'm glad if helped.
Kaizenitsune wrote: December 30th, 2022, 6:40 pm In principle, this works, it is really only the first of the in and out flow that is affected by the problem, everything in between works without problems.
Right and this is what I don't really understand. Why only some of those symbols are not showing up properly, while the other are? If all would be affected I could understand, but this is something beyond me.
Kaizenitsune wrote: December 30th, 2022, 6:40 pm I think there is no way around the fact that I sit down and try to learn the complete Lua programming language to solve the problem.

That is unfortunately the problem with programming languages that it is not enough to scratch the surface.
For sure it's not enough, but at least the basics of lua is not too complicated.

EDIT: I suggest you to try to open a new topic in the Lua Scripting section, posting your question there. Don't forget to upload the package as well, and explain what is the issue and what did we discover so far. Probably you'll get much quicker a proper reply there than here.
Kaizenitsune

Post by Kaizenitsune »

balala wrote: December 30th, 2022, 7:42 pm You're welcome. I'm glad if helped.

Right and this is what I don't really understand. Why only some of those symbols are not showing up properly, while the other are? If all would be affected I could understand, but this is something beyond me.

For sure it's not enough, but at least the basics of lua is not too complicated.

EDIT: I suggest you to try to open a new topic in the Lua Scripting section, posting your question there. Don't forget to upload the package as well, and explain what is the issue and what did we discover so far. Probably you'll get much quicker a proper reply there than here.
Exactly, I'm also surprised that it is not with all but only with the first and last.

Thanks for the tip, I'll do that right away.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Kaizenitsune wrote: December 31st, 2022, 6:59 pm I'll do that right away.
Wish you good luck in getting a good solution. Am also curious what will you get.
Kaizenitsune

Post by Kaizenitsune »

balala wrote: December 31st, 2022, 7:02 pm Wish you good luck in getting a good solution. Am also curious what will you get.
Topic is opened :)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Kaizenitsune wrote: December 31st, 2022, 7:22 pm Topic is opened :)
Yep, but you should have to:
  • At least add a link to the YouTube video having a proper title (the one provided previously, but link it in that topic as well).
  • Tell the users which skin to load from the uploaded package, because it contains more skins. Not all users willing to check all included skins.
Kaizenitsune

Post by Kaizenitsune »

balala wrote: December 31st, 2022, 10:59 pm Yep, but you should have to:
  • At least add a link to the YouTube video having a proper title (the one provided previously, but link it in that topic as well).
  • Tell the users which skin to load from the uploaded package, because it contains more skins. Not all users willing to check all included skins.
Thanks, I will link the YouTube video again as an example.

I had written that it I is about the Spotify player
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Kaizenitsune wrote: January 1st, 2023, 4:00 am I had written that it I is about the Spotify player
Yep, you did indeed, however:
Kaizenitsune wrote: December 31st, 2022, 7:20 pm It is about the Spotify player.
is not specific enough. I'd suggest to better say specifically something like this: The issue is related to the OwnSuite\Spotify Player\Spotify Player.ini skin. If you're only saying it's about Spotify player, maybe there will be users who won't realize that Spotify player is the name of your skin which has the issue, and will think you're talking about the Spotify player program. In order to get help quicker, you have to help people out there to can help you as easier as possible.
Just an idea...
Kaizenitsune

Post by Kaizenitsune »

balala wrote: January 1st, 2023, 10:05 am Yep, you did indeed, however:

is not specific enough. I'd suggest to better say specifically something like this: The issue is related to the OwnSuite\Spotify Player\Spotify Player.ini skin. If you're only saying it's about Spotify player, maybe there will be users who won't realize that Spotify player is the name of your skin which has the issue, and will think you're talking about the Spotify player program. In order to get help quicker, you have to help people out there to can help you as easier as possible.
Just an idea...
Thanks, i will correct it. :)