It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:19 am

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
AtmaDarkwolf

Re: Gadgets 7.5.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by AtmaDarkwolf »

SilverAzide wrote: November 21st, 2022, 10:54 pm Hello! Not sure I follow you. The Clipboard Meter's position is controlled by clicking on the title, where it toggles between "normal" and "topmost". If set to topmost, there will be a "" symbol shown in the title. Changing the position using the Settings > Position menu will not work, as any setting will be ignored when the skin reloads.
o.O well damn. not sure how I missed that in the readme, but there it is. LOL ty
supertoast

Post by supertoast »

Been using this suite for a few years now, thank you for such a nice setup! I do have a question on the CPU Meter - is there a way to add custom entries similar to GPU Meter? I'd like to see my Vcore and package power but haven't found a way to do that.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

supertoast wrote: December 23rd, 2022, 3:00 pm Been using this suite for a few years now, thank you for such a nice setup! I do have a question on the CPU Meter - is there a way to add custom entries similar to GPU Meter? I'd like to see my Vcore and package power but haven't found a way to do that.
Hello! Glad you are enjoying the Gadgets! At this time, there's not a way to do this without editing/customizing the skin. I may add this capability in a future version. Until then, an alternative approach is to use the HWiNFO Monitor skin in the Gadgets Additions suite. It can be configured with any HWiNFO sensors you like. Or you can add those sensors to the GPU Meter (which is kind of weird and out of place, but it works).
supertoast

Post by supertoast »

Thanks for the suggestions! Maybe I will just stick those values in GPU Meter to start, then get into some more editing later on when I get bored :D

Hope you have a safe and happy holiday season!
wildrun

Post by wildrun »

some way to show the data of all the fans, not only the one of the cpu and gpu?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

wildrun wrote: December 26th, 2022, 12:14 pm some way to show the data of all the fans, not only the one of the cpu and gpu?
The only way at this time to show additional fans, like case fans, is by adding them as options to the GPU Meter. The GPU Meter can show up to 4 fans (they don't have to all be GPU fans), plus others as options. If you need help configuring these, let me know. Otherwise, the only alternative is to either modify the skins, or use the HWiNFO Monitor skin in the Gadgets Additions suite.
Menschefreund

Post by Menschefreund »

Hello all,

I am desperately trying to find the error.

I have uninstalled Rainmeter and installed the latest available version.
I have now installed Gadgets 7.5.0. Then installed HWInfo 7.34.

After that I have done everything as described in described. I restarted the computer but I always get this error.

HWiNFO Sensor Entry Index List

ERROR: HWiNFO is not configured or is not running.
https://github.com/SilverAzide/Gadgets/wiki/HOW-TO-Configure-HWiNFO#how-to-configure-hwinfo

HWInfo is running and also displays data.

what else can i do ?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Menschefreund wrote: December 29th, 2022, 12:44 pm Hello all,

I am desperately trying to find the error.

I have uninstalled Rainmeter and installed the latest available version.
I have now installed Gadgets 7.5.0. Then installed HWInfo 7.34.

After that I have done everything as described in described. I restarted the computer but I always get this error.

HWiNFO Sensor Entry Index List

ERROR: HWiNFO is not configured or is not running.
https://github.com/SilverAzide/Gadgets/wiki/HOW-TO-Configure-HWiNFO#how-to-configure-hwinfo

HWInfo is running and also displays data.

what else can i do ?
Is it possible that you are not an administrator on your PC? If not, you will need to run Rainmeter as the same user as HWiNFO.

The reason this error is happening is that Rainmeter is either unable to read the registry entries where HWiNFO is writing the sensor data, or the registry entries are not present at all.

You can check for a registry issue by opening RegEdit and navigating to \\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HWiNFO64\VSB (HWiNFO must be running). If you don't see this key, then this is the source of your problem.

This can be due to a number of conditions. One is that you forgot to check the "Enable reporting to Gadget" option on the "HWiNFO Gadget" tab in the HWiNFO Sensor Settings dialog. Another reason is you didn't configure any sensors to be reported on this same tab. Both these issues will mean nothing is being written to the registry. However, the usual reason is that Rainmeter can not read the registry because it is not running as a user with admin privileges. HWiNFO runs elevated, so if you are not an admin, you must run Rainmeter elevated too, using the same user account so the registry key is accessible.
wildrun

Post by wildrun »

I have an i7-13700k it has 16 cores and 24 threads, I don't understand why despite having configured the temp for 16 cores it shows me temperatures for 24 cores
Attachments
Captura de pantalla 2022-12-29 233448.png
Captura de pantalla 2022-12-29 233218.png
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

wildrun wrote: December 29th, 2022, 10:35 pm I have an i7-13700k it has 16 cores and 24 threads, I don't understand why despite having configured the temp for 16 cores it shows me temperatures for 24 cores
The All CPU Meter gadget knows which cores are multi-threaded and which aren't. If you look closely at the skin, the temps are duplicated for each of the P-cores. The skin is showing logical cores (not physical), so this is why it is done this way.