It is currently April 20th, 2024, 2:20 am

Installation loop

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
9083ja

Installation loop

Post by 9083ja »

Hello, I have created a script for the installation to be silent and run through scheduled task to run at startup, the problem is that the installation does not auto detect that the program is already installed and installs it every time you start the computer, would there be any way to detect that it is already installed and not install it in the case that it already is? thanks in advance.
Brian
Developer

Re: Installation loop

Post by Brian »

I'm not really sure the purpose of this, but you could have your script check if Rainmeter.exe is located in the standard folder C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\ (or whatever folder you are installing Rainmeter to) before trying to install it.

The installer itself does not check if the current installed version is the same - and that is by design.

-Brian
9083ja

Re: Installation loop

Post by 9083ja »

Brian wrote: December 16th, 2022, 6:21 am I'm not really sure the purpose of this, but you could have your script check if Rainmeter.exe is located in the standard folder C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\ (or whatever folder you are installing Rainmeter to) before trying to install it.

The installer itself does not check if the current installed version is the same - and that is by design.

-Brian
thanks, i finally did the installation copying the files directly, instead doing the installation with exe and it accomplish my requeriments