It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:34 pm

Yahoo.com - weather.com alternative

Weather skins
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Yahoo.com - weather.com alternative

Post by SilverAzide »

gator wrote: December 12th, 2022, 2:59 pm I enjoy having this skin as a backup in the event the Weather.com skin stops working, but this skin stopped working for me yesterday.
Yes... looks like Yahoo finally changed their website. :(
The HTML parsing code will need to be completely re-written. It is nice to have this as a backup and hopefully Eclectic-Tech will be willing to redo his templates. But I'm not sure if it is worth the effort to rewrite the code, as Yahoo's weather is vastly inferior to weather.com's anyway.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

SilverAzide wrote: December 13th, 2022, 1:33 am Yes... looks like Yahoo finally changed their website. :(
The HTML parsing code will need to be completely re-written. It is nice to have this as a backup and hopefully Eclectic-Tech will be willing to redo his templates. But I'm not sure if it is worth the effort to rewrite the code, as Yahoo's weather is vastly inferior to weather.com's anyway.
With the approaching holiday season, it is unlikely I will be able to look into rewriting the code for a while. I plan to get this working again with as little pain as possible for myself and users of Yahoo for weather data.

As SilverAzide mentioned, weather.com is a vastly better source for weather details that are updated many times faster than Yahoo, so there is a chance I may have to let this alternate source skin finally die... :(
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

eclectic-tech wrote: December 13th, 2022, 5:09 am With the approaching holiday season, it is unlikely I will be able to look into rewriting the code for a while. I plan to get this working again with as little pain as possible for myself and users of Yahoo for weather data.

As SilverAzide mentioned, weather.com is a vastly better source for weather details that are updated many times faster than Yahoo, so there is a chance I may have to let this alternate source skin finally die... :(
Well, I hope you do get a chance to get this working again. Hopefully you can find a way that is simple for you and won't break constantly like so many other HTML scrapers.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

* Updated *

Yahoo removed JSON code; updated to pull data from the new site code.

Download latest version in first post.
gator

Post by gator »

gator wrote: December 12th, 2022, 2:59 pm I enjoy having this skin as a backup in the event the Weather.com skin stops working, but this skin stopped working for me yesterday.
eclectic-tech wrote: February 12th, 2023, 2:37 am * Updated *

Yahoo removed JSON code; updated to pull data from the new site code.
Thanx so much for updating this! :17good
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

It took a while to decide if it was worth it to update, so I am happy you find it useful. :welcome: