It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:24 pm

Illustro HWiNFO64

Skins that monitor system information
chriswieringa

Illustro HWiNFO64

Post by chriswieringa »

I'm brand new to Rainmeter, and liked the simplicity of the included Illustro theme. I decided to extend the Illustro theme to utilize the HWiNFO64 registry / Gadget interface. Also being lazy, I didn't want to hand-edit configs every time I decided to add/remove one of the monitored items in HWiNFO64. Hence, a basic Powershell script to generate configuration files was born!

Here's the end-result:

I didn't spend the time to make my script super user-friendly, as it is completely customized to my machine right now, but with relatively small changes it should be useable for anyone else that wants to try it.

https://github.com/chriswier/Rainmeter-illustro-hwinfo64
Day One Dark

Re: Illustro HWiNFO64

Post by Day One Dark »

Hi Chris,

I just got back into Rainmeter myself. I found your script and immediately knew this was a perfect solution. Thanks for putting it together.

I can figure out the $map section by swapping my information from HWINFO64, however I cannot figure out what I need to do for the $config section. The readme indicates "and set the $config name where they will be sent to."

Do I need to point to the skin directory? Or does this have something to do with the HWINFO values? Or something else entirely?

I've been trying to figure this out all day, so any assistance would be great.

Cheers!
chriswieringa

Post by chriswieringa »

Glad you like it. The $config section really is just making the different groupings to put things into. For example, HWiNFO has like 2-3 sections for my CPU. You can pick and choose which names map to each section. Each section is written into a separate directory for Illustro, so you can activate just that section. The script should auto-write out to your My Documents folder -> Rainmeters\Skins\Illustro -- then to a different "HWiNFO64-<grouping>" folder.

See the example directory output picture - Image

So really, what is on the right side in the map just needs to be duplicated down into $configs and $yvalues.

My setup is:

$map = @{
"AMD Ryzen 9 5900X" = "CPU";
"ASUS B550-F Gaming" = "Motherboard";
"Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB" = "Disk";
"Samsung 980 PRO 2TB" = "Disk";
"ADATA SX8200PNP 2TB" = "Disk";
"AMD Radeon RX 6400" = "GPU";
"NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080" = "GPU";
}

So that's CPU, Motherboard, Disk, GPU that go into $configs and $yvalues. These are arbitrarily named -- you can name these categories anything you want.
shad82

Post by shad82 »

This looks really cool. Does it utilize the new method of integrating with HWiNFO64 (i.e. no need to manually start memory share every 12 hours)?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

shad82 wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 10:59 am This looks really cool. Does it utilize the new method of integrating with HWiNFO64 (i.e. no need to manually start memory share every 12 hours)?
According to the OP's description, it uses the new method which takes advantage of the Sidebar Gadget interface instead of shared memory.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
shad82

Post by shad82 »

SilverAzide wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 3:19 pm According to the OP's description, it uses the new method which takes advantage of the Sidebar Gadget interface instead of shared memory.
You answered me twice today. I can't thank you enough.
plzt

Post by plzt »

Hi, I've grabbed the script and allowed it to run. However I get a large number of errors as per below. Any ideas?

At C:\Rainmeter\hwinfo-settings.ps1:205 char:17
+ Sign&nbsp;up
+ ~
The ampersand (&) character is not allowed. The & operator is reserved for future use; wrap an ampersand in double
quotation marks ("&") to pass it as part of a string.
At C:\Rainmeter\hwinfo-settings.ps1:210 char:209
+ ... k Button--medium Button d-lg-none color-fg-inherit p-1"> <span cla ...
+ ~
The '<' operator is reserved for future use.
At C:\Rainmeter\hwinfo-settings.ps1:428 char:13
+ CI/CD &amp; Automation
+ ~
The ampersand (&) character is not allowed. The & operator is reserved for future use; wrap an ampersand in double
At C:\Rainmeter\hwinfo-settings.ps1:2463 char:126
+ ... js-jump-to-line-field" type="text" placeholder="Jump to line&hellip;" ...
+ ~
At C:\Rainmeter\hwinfo-settings.ps1:2463 char:148
+ ... pe="text" placeholder="Jump to line&hellip;" aria-label="Jump to line ...
+ ~~~~
Unexpected token 'Jump' in expression or statement.
At C:\Rainmeter\hwinfo-settings.ps1:2505 char:153
+ ... thub-terms-of-service" data-analytics-event="{&quot;category&quot;:&q ...
+ ~
At C:\Rainmeter\hwinfo-settings.ps1:2505 char:160
+ ... rms-of-service" data-analytics-event="{&quot;category&quot;:&quot;Foo ...
+ ~
At C:\Rainmeter\hwinfo-settings.ps1:2505 char:172
+ ... ce" data-analytics-event="{&quot;category&quot;:&quot;Footer&quot;,&q ...
+ ~
At C:\Rainmeter\hwinfo-settings.ps1:2505 char:179
+ ... ta-analytics-event="{&quot;category&quot;:&quot;Footer&quot;,&quot;ac ...
+ ~
Missing expression after unary operator ','.
At C:\Rainmeter\hwinfo-settings.ps1:2505 char:179
+ ... a-analytics-event="{&quot;category&quot;:&quot;Footer&quot;,&quot;act ...
+ ~
Unexpected token '&' in expression or statement.
Not all parse errors were reported. Correct the reported errors and try again.
+ CategoryInfo : ParserError: (:) [], ParseException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : AmpersandNotAllowed
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

plzt wrote: December 5th, 2022, 2:23 pm Hi, I've grabbed the script and allowed it to run. However I get a large number of errors as per below. Any ideas?
I suspect whatever you ran is not a Powershell script. Verify it is a valid script, or post it here if you are unsure.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...