It is currently April 19th, 2024, 5:11 am

Market Prices

RSS, ATOM and other feeds, GMail, Stocks, any information retrieved from the internet
Mordasius

Re: Market Prices

Post by Mordasius »

vuryal wrote: October 24th, 2022, 5:41 pm I would like to have the "Invested" and "Today's Gain/Loss" columns show as USD with 2 decimal points.
The quickest way to do this is to open MyPortfolioValue.ini, scroll down to [sTextRight] around line 38. Then add a line with NumOfDecimals=2. The complete [sTextRight] will now look like this:

Code: Select all

[sTextRight]
FontFace=#TextFont#
StringAlign=RIGHTCENTER
FontSize=#FontHeight#
StringStyle=BOLD
StringEffect=SHADOW
FontEffectColor=000000
y=r
Antialias=1
DynamicVariables=1
NumOfDecimals=2
The downside is that the Overall Gain/Loss will now also be shown with two decimal places. This can be overcome but it will involve a lot more changes.
vuryal

Post by vuryal »

That is perfect. Thank you!!
3l3phant

Post by 3l3phant »

I was wondering if there was a way to extend the number of decimal places the My Portfolio skin can track? For example we own 0.032635 shared of Amazon (seriously) and similar with a few other stocks. It's showing up as 0 shares (believe it or not we actually see earnings for such a small amount). I tried the instructions in the previous post but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

BTW, the widget is incredibly useful! Thank you for taking the time to create it.

Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

3l3phant wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 1:31 pm I was wondering if there was a way to extend the number of decimal places .......
Yes it could be done in a similar way to that described above but going up to six decimal places will make a real mess of the table layout. You would have to increase the number of units column with by around sixty pixels as the increased number of decimal places would be shown for all the stocks you hold.

BTW: with the default two decimal places you should see 0.03 rather than 0.00.
3l3phant

Post by 3l3phant »

Thank you Mordasius. I copy/pasted the code you provided, and does display 0.00, but not 0.03. I tried extending to 3 places, but it just shows 0.000. Any suggestions?
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

3l3phant wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 1:31 pm For example we own 0.032635 shared of Amazon... It's showing up as 0 shares
I'm sorry I didn't read your post properly / remember what the skin was supposed to display. The MyPortfolio skin does not display the number of shares you own. It displays the amount you invested which equals the number of units you bought multiplied by the price you bought them at.

So for example if you bought your 0.032635 Amazon shares in December 2019 at a price of 89.32 per share you would enter the following in MyStockCodes.inc:

Symbol1=AMZN
Units1=0.032635
BuyPrice1=89.32
This would show '3' in the 'Invested' column. Surely this is close enough to $ 2.9149582.
3l3phant

Post by 3l3phant »

Gotcha! Thank you so much for taking the time to explain (and for an amazing skin!) Have an fantastic holiday season :)
PhantomRAM

Post by PhantomRAM »

Mordasius, absolutely love and use this skin, it's in my "Can't live without it" category now...

Q: Is there a method to make the names of the stocks/funds display more characters? Some of the stocks/funds names are truncated with "..." at the end of the name.
2023-03-05_10-20-00.jpg
I can change FontHeight=7 in Skinvars.inc file to gain some characters on stock names but font size is then too small (surprise!) :headbang:

So then I tried changing Grid Positions is Skinvars.inc file (see below) but no joy. Panel width works great but that 1st column of names did not get the extra characters I was looking for...
; --- # Grid Positions
Col1XPos=10
Col2XPos=288
Col3XPos=292
Col4XPos=370
Col5XPos=426

Appreciate any help/tips, and thank you for your time!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

The reason for the truncated stock names is because we have ClipString=1 in the style [sTextLeft]. This is used to Wrap Text. The length at which the text is wrapped is given by W=(string length in pixels).

In [sTextLeft] I have W=(128-#ReduceBy#). I don't know if you also have the #ReduceBy# variable in your version or it is just something I was playing around with - it's not even set in my version. Anyway, I suggest you change the W=(128-#ReduceBy#) or W=128 to something like W=(250-#ReduceBy#) or W=250. Just play around until you get it showing most of the text.

Warning. Please don't keep changing the number and immediately refreshing the skin. Make your changes and then wait thirty seconds or so before refreshing. This is to avoid the possibility of getting your IP blocked for hitting the site too frequently.
PhantomRAM

Post by PhantomRAM »

Thank you Mordasius. Your guidance worked perfectly, and I learned something too (bonus).

Set W=180 (did not have #ReduceBy# variable, think I am using your latest version).

To tighten things up a bit (no 6 digit stocks in my portfolio) I "scrunched" up the grid per below.

-- # Grid Positions
Col1XPos=10
Col2XPos=238
Col3XPos=242
Col4XPos=300
Col5XPos=356
Much appreciated for the support.