It is currently April 16th, 2024, 7:07 am

Popup Toast Notifications for Win10

Clocks and timer skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Popup Toast Notifications for Win10

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 2:05 pm So yes, there is an icon in the system tray when the message is posted.
Even more: if you let the message / balloon disapear the icon remains in the Notification Area. If you get more balloons, each of them leaves an icon. This way, there might be many - many icons:
Skin.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Yes, you will see many icons until the messages are deleted in the notification area and you mouseover the system tray.

The PowerShell $script:balmsg.Dispose() command will clear the icons, but it also clears the popup message in the notification area, possibly before the message is seen.

Honestly, I am not proficient in PowerShell coding and scraped together this method from other info.
So, perhaps someone else more knowledgeable in scripting knows a solution.
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

These small (~10kb) and open source utilities will get rid of the orphaned icons in the system tray:

https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/19620/LP-TrayIconBuster
https://smklancher.github.io/oldprojects/project/id/88/Refresh_Notification_Area
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 5:35 pm Yes, you will see many icons until the messages are deleted in the notification area and you mouseover the system tray.
In fact, I have to mouseover each icon, one by one, not just so over System Tray. Each of the icons is disappearing when I mouseover that one. The others remain.
eclectic-tech wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 5:35 pm The PowerShell $script:balmsg.Dispose() command will clear the icons, but it also clears the popup message in the notification area, possibly before the message is seen.
Good point! I didn't know about this command, but it works. However, you're right about the objections.
eclectic-tech wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 5:35 pm Honestly, I am not proficient in PowerShell coding and scraped together this method from other info.
So, perhaps someone else more knowledgeable in scripting knows a solution.
I am not either. So, if someone can help, I'd thank him as well a lot.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Active Colors wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 5:58 pm These small (~10kb) and open source utilities will get rid of the orphaned icons in the system tray:
Well, you1re right I thank you for these tools, however I'm not entirely happy using exes. VirusTotal for instance immediately detects some malware on TrayIconBuster.exe. Even if this might be a false positive result, might be an issue for many users.