It is currently April 19th, 2024, 9:25 pm

Gadgets 7.6.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 7.5.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

AtmaDarkwolf wrote: November 12th, 2022, 5:11 pm well that actually makes sense lol.. how could I 'test' it (IE something that uses lots of ram) to see if it is keeping track or not?
You can try something like SysInternals Testlimit.

You'll want to eat up like 50 gigs of RAM, maybe more. The command line is:

Code: Select all

testlimit64 -d 51200 -c 1
where the -d parameter is the number of MBs of RAM to allocate. You should immediately see the CPU Meter respond, and if it doesn't, allocate even more RAM. Use Ctrl+C to end the program.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
AtmaDarkwolf

Post by AtmaDarkwolf »

Erk at values above, saw no pagefile use, when trying 10x that just said no space for pagefile fo that size so.. lol(Tried twice that and it ran but only showed 2% used)

Am I misunderstanding just how much/little pagefiles should be used? *(Is it due to 64 gigs that it won't use any, if at all?)
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

AtmaDarkwolf wrote: November 13th, 2022, 5:31 am Erk at values above, saw no pagefile use, when trying 10x that just said no space for pagefile fo that size so.. lol(Tried twice that and it ran but only showed 2% used)

Am I misunderstanding just how much/little pagefiles should be used? *(Is it due to 64 gigs that it won't use any, if at all?)
Well, to see any pagefile use you'd need to use up something close to 64GB of RAM, so you'd need to tweak the command accordingly. But yes, with that much RAM, the pagefile will practically never be used unless you are running some exotic software (databases, virtual machines, etc.).
AtmaDarkwolf

Post by AtmaDarkwolf »

Hate to bug again after bugging so soon before, but is way u could adjust the chronometer alarm function for a 'x time after set' type deal (IE set it up, with active button on the meter, that when pressed will pop alarm or notification or even if just timer displayed, to when the set time has expired - like set it to clean filters on HVAC unit for 2 weeks, and press it when u clean filters to last another 2 weeks?) - Like a resettable countdown clock (with or without alarms)

I have other ways of doing it but would be pretty simple and easy if I could just set a static 'countdown clock' that I stare at very day so easily remind self of next 'event'
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

AtmaDarkwolf wrote: November 13th, 2022, 4:54 pm Hate to bug again after bugging so soon before, but is way u could adjust the chronometer alarm function for a 'x time after set' type deal (IE set it up, with active button on the meter, that when pressed will pop alarm or notification or even if just timer displayed, to when the set time has expired - like set it to clean filters on HVAC unit for 2 weeks, and press it when u clean filters to last another 2 weeks?) - Like a resettable countdown clock (with or without alarms)

I have other ways of doing it but would be pretty simple and easy if I could just set a static 'countdown clock' that I stare at very day so easily remind self of next 'event'
That is a reasonable idea, but it might be better for a separate skin that has this as its dedicated purpose. Until then, obviously the existing event alarm can be used, although it only supports a single event. :(
AtmaDarkwolf

Post by AtmaDarkwolf »

ya but i am not versed enough in writing skins beyond the very(And I mean VERY) basic -- could never have it look as clean (or match) yours (and I like your design)
anbr07

Post by anbr07 »

Hi, i have one request. Quite often, when my VPN needs a bit longer to start, the Weather Meter stays blank. Would it be possible to automatically retry establishing a connection after a minute or so? Or to add a delay for that module?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

anbr07 wrote: November 15th, 2022, 12:19 am Hi, i have one request. Quite often, when my VPN needs a bit longer to start, the Weather Meter stays blank. Would it be possible to automatically retry establishing a connection after a minute or so? Or to add a delay for that module?
Yes, I used to have a very similar issue where my internet connection was delayed and the skin would load before my internet was available. You can manually refresh the skin using the little refresh button or by middle-mouse clicking the skin -- but both are more annoying than just having an automatic retry.

A long time ago I actually had the skin working this way (for my own use, because of the above), but removed it for fear of the code getting into an infinite loop and getting the user's IP address banned. Perhaps I can add this back again. I really would rather not change the standard weather.com JSON templates, which this enhancement would require, but there is no other way I know of to implement this.

I'll look into this for the next release. I don't have a release planned at the moment, so you might have to wait a while unless something urgent comes up.

If you'd rather not wait, here is a hacky work-around you can try (I did not test this, so you may need to tweak it some):
  • Navigate to the Gadgets\@Resources folder and open the file WeatherComJSONMeasures5Day.inc with Notepad or your preferred editor.
  • In the [@EntireSiteSuperParent] measure at the top of the file, add the line:

OnConnectErrorAction=[!Delay 30000][!Refresh]
This isn't very elegant but it should work as an interim fix. If the connection fails, Rainmeter will execute the OnConnectErrorAction which pauses for 30 seconds, then refreshes the entire skin. (Don't remove the delay; you'll hang Rainmeter if there's no network connection.)
anbr07

Post by anbr07 »

SilverAzide wrote: November 15th, 2022, 1:31 am Yes, I used to have a very similar issue where my internet connection was delayed and the skin would load before my internet was available. You can manually refresh the skin using the little refresh button or by middle-mouse clicking the skin -- but both are more annoying than just having an automatic retry.

A long time ago I actually had the skin working this way (for my own use, because of the above), but removed it for fear of the code getting into an infinite loop and getting the user's IP address banned. Perhaps I can add this back again. I really would rather not change the standard weather.com JSON templates, which this enhancement would require, but there is no other way I know of to implement this.

I'll look into this for the next release. I don't have a release planned at the moment, so you might have to wait a while unless something urgent comes up.

If you'd rather not wait, here is a hacky work-around you can try (I did not test this, so you may need to tweak it some):
  • Navigate to the Gadgets\@Resources folder and open the file WeatherComJSONMeasures5Day.inc with Notepad or your preferred editor.
  • In the [@EntireSiteSuperParent] measure at the top of the file, add the line:

OnConnectErrorAction=[!Delay 30000][!Refresh]
This isn't very elegant but it should work as an interim fix. If the connection fails, Rainmeter will execute the OnConnectErrorAction which pauses for 30 seconds, then refreshes the entire skin. (Don't remove the delay; you'll hang Rainmeter if there's no network connection.)
Thanks, SilverAzide,

it's not really urgent, but i have applied your hack anyway. :thumbup:

EDIT, your hack works! 8-)
DavideAurum

Post by DavideAurum »

Anyone have any idea why my All CPU Meter is going haywire? I'm fairly certain I don't have a problem correctly assigning indexes for the CPUs from HWinfo, and the All GPU meter appears to be working properly.

I have a Surface Laptop Studio, and there was no sensor for a fan available even though I know one is there, so its possible my system is a little wonky?
Screenshot 2022-11-17 174151.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.