It is currently March 29th, 2024, 4:52 am

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
emp00

Re: Gadgets 7.5.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by emp00 »

SilverAzide wrote: November 6th, 2022, 3:23 pm Yes, this is possible. The peak is actually inbound and outbound, but yes, this percentage could be calculated. There is not much room to display the value though, even with the connectivity icon removed. (There's extra space in yours because you shortened the title.)
The lack of space can be tackled by harmonizing the design - check out the "Drives logo": It's much smaller than the CPU + Network logos. Do those logos need to be so quadruple big? No, at least not for me... It's just a gimmick with no information (only, I just realized, that there's a tiny WiFi bar hidden in the Network meter logo -> is this functional? I think it is, first time I'm realizing this... Respect!!) But OK, you can still fit the "blue ball" above the WiFi bars... The text "Meter" in the skin titles can be deleted as well - I have not seen any negative side-effects after doing this.

Concrete suggestion how to gain space for the network usage% display:

Just my cup of "wish tea". :Whistle
AtmaDarkwolf

Post by AtmaDarkwolf »

Been away a while, coming back to harass :P

Switched cpu (6900x) but now it always shows '0mhz' for clock value (at top, above the core values) and I am unsure which sensor from hwinfo I should be using for this value, (or where in settings to input the sensor index) can anyone help?

Edit, also the page file always shows 0, but cannot find anywhere in settings file to input this sensor index (or id)
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

AtmaDarkwolf wrote: November 8th, 2022, 4:40 am Been away a while, coming back to harass :P

Switched cpu (6900x) but now it always shows '0mhz' for clock value (at top, above the core values) and I am unsure which sensor from hwinfo I should be using for this value, (or where in settings to input the sensor index) can anyone help?

Edit, also the page file always shows 0, but cannot find anywhere in settings file to input this sensor index (or id)
Hi, welcome back. :)

If you are seeing 0 Mhz for the clock, make sure you've mapped all your core clock sensors in HWiNFO. Also, check the Rainmeter log file for errors, you should not see any errors there at all.

I'm not sure what's going on with the page file; you are not the first person to mention this issue to me. Page file info isn't coming from HWiNFO, so there's no sensor index for this. Are you using Windows 10 Home by any chance? The page file info is coming from the Performance Counters database. It possible your counters are corrupted, but it seems unlikely. You can fix them using the instructions here if you want to make sure. Do you see any page file info, or is everything zeros?
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
AtmaDarkwolf

Post by AtmaDarkwolf »

No, fresh system, windows 11 (Sadly, unrelated but hassle wort, had spare drive formatted in old system with all my configs and such, and due to advice formatted it as GPT - which makes any drive FORMATTED on a pc in that format encrypted for all other systems?)

Anyways mostly due to losing all my files I had planed to use as reference for stuff like this, have nothing to go on (Page file was afaik working fine on the 3600xt build, but now that I've muddled things up, I will have to re-configure that system aswell)

The clocks are working after I did as you suggested (Filled in all 12 cores with the right indexes) but the page file thing is odd - can't even see in the basic ini's what sensor it should be reading for it.)

(Was neat seeing all my cores hotter than the surface of the sun for a few min after it shoved all the indexe's around and made them all 4000+ degs c :P
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

AtmaDarkwolf wrote: November 8th, 2022, 5:41 pm No, fresh system, windows 11 (Sadly, unrelated but hassle wort, had spare drive formatted in old system with all my configs and such, and due to advice formatted it as GPT - which makes any drive FORMATTED on a pc in that format encrypted for all other systems?)

Anyways mostly due to losing all my files I had planed to use as reference for stuff like this, have nothing to go on (Page file was afaik working fine on the 3600xt build, but now that I've muddled things up, I will have to re-configure that system aswell)

The clocks are working after I did as you suggested (Filled in all 12 cores with the right indexes) but the page file thing is odd - can't even see in the basic ini's what sensor it should be reading for it.)

(Was neat seeing all my cores hotter than the surface of the sun for a few min after it shoved all the indexe's around and made them all 4000+ degs c :P
Which version of Windows 11 are you running; Home, Pro, Enterprise, etc?

Open a PowerShell prompt and enter the following commands:

Code: Select all

(Get-Counter "\NUMA Node Memory(_Total)\Total MBytes").CounterSamples.CookedValue
(Get-Counter "\Paging File(_Total)\% Usage").CounterSamples.CookedValue
You should get output that looks something like this:

Code: Select all

PS C:\> (Get-Counter "\NUMA Node Memory(_Total)\Total MBytes").CounterSamples.CookedValue
PS C:\> (Get-Counter "\Paging File(_Total)\% Usage").CounterSamples.CookedValue
AtmaDarkwolf

Post by AtmaDarkwolf »

Will try in a few hrs, back on old machine, able to get the disk to boot up but ONLY how I originally connected it (Usb to external drive tray)

trying to figure way to 'fix' it so that it will read (On either system) as an actual disk installed properly, but neither pc will read it (reads it as GPT protected partition with a large unalloticated part, and no options are available other than 'offline/online' when connected to either system properly (Sata/etc)

Last resort I will prob just transfer what I can via usb and then format it as MBR rather than GPT (it is only a storage drive so I doubt that will matter for either setup)

And unsure exact what version # of windows, but installed from one of the very earliest win11 iso(on usb) that had the 'skip internet' (IE disable telemetry) without cmd line funkery, then allowed it to run updates to finish up. Is (AFAICT) win11 pro (it very well should be considering I am using a pro cd key)

Edit, while on old pc I discovered it no longer works(Even when configured again) so the setting may have been correct BEFORE (older update of either hwinfo or the suite? idk) but the monitor still has it showing (even if you 'disable' the page file option in settings) - Still shows 0 regardless of it being enabled or not.

Edit 2: on new pc again, got this:

PS C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0> (Get-Counter "\NUMA Node Memory(_Total)\Total MBytes").CounterSamples.CookedValue
PS C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0> (Get-Counter "\Paging File(_Total)\% Usage").CounterSamples.CookedValue
PS C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0>
Aerasyn

Post by Aerasyn »

Hello. Just downloaded these gadgets and I love them.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

AtmaDarkwolf wrote: November 8th, 2022, 7:35 pm Edit 2: on new pc again, got this:

PS C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0> (Get-Counter "\NUMA Node Memory(_Total)\Total MBytes").CounterSamples.CookedValue
PS C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0> (Get-Counter "\Paging File(_Total)\% Usage").CounterSamples.CookedValue
PS C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0>
Sorry for the late response! So that second line is telling you that the paging file is zero percent used. Probably because the first line says you have 64MB of RAM, so nothing is being paged.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Aerasyn wrote: November 12th, 2022, 4:32 am Hello. Just downloaded these gadgets and I love them.
Thanks, glad you are enjoying the Gadgets! :)
AtmaDarkwolf

Post by AtmaDarkwolf »

SilverAzide wrote: November 12th, 2022, 2:15 pm Sorry for the late response! So that second line is telling you that the paging file is zero percent used. Probably because the first line says you have 64MB of RAM, so nothing is being paged.
well that actually makes sense lol.. how could I 'test' it (IE something that uses lots of ram) to see if it is keeping track or not?