It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:34 am

InputText.dll - Ctrl + Backspace shortcut

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
cosko

InputText.dll - Ctrl + Backspace shortcut

Post by cosko »

Hello everybody.

This question is about the default behavior of keyboard shortcuts in InputText.dll plugin.

Currently, it's not possible to use the shortcut Ctrl + Backspace while typing to delete a whole word, but for some reason, it is possible to use Ctrl + Del to delete a word in front of the caret. Is there any option that I'm missing that enables that use? What would be the easiest way to fix that?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: InputText.dll - Ctrl + Backspace shortcut

Post by SilverAzide »

cosko wrote: November 7th, 2022, 2:17 pm Hello everybody.

This question is about the default behavior of keyboard shortcuts in InputText.dll plugin.

Currently, it's not possible to use the shortcut Ctrl + Backspace while typing to delete a whole word, but for some reason, it is possible to use Ctrl + Del to delete a word in front of the caret. Is there any option that I'm missing that enables that use? What would be the easiest way to fix that?
No, you have not missed any option. And you can't fix it. The InputText plugin is implemented using the .NET Framework (WinForms), and the WinForms textbox control doesn't support Ctrl+Backspace (at least, not properly IMO). You can (weirdly) force it to accept Ctrl+Backspace by setting the .AutoCompleteMode and .AutoCompleteSource properties, but then it doesn't work on multi-line textboxes anyway. The only fix you can do is wait for (or ask) the devs to implement a workaround, or use a hotkey utility to force the shortcut to work (by using Ctrl+Shift+Left, Delete).

I've heard that the newer .NET 6 textbox works as expected, but I have not tried it.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
cosko

Re: InputText.dll - Ctrl + Backspace shortcut

Post by cosko »

Ah... just as I thought, I will have to resort to hotkey utility until future changes.
Thank you so much for helping and have a good day. :)