It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:08 pm

EXpandExplore

Skins to open folders and launch applications and websites
Jaime Méndez

Re: EXpandExplore

Post by Jaime Méndez »

balala wrote: October 24th, 2022, 3:59 pm Yep, but there still are some smaller issues.
For instance: when the skin is activated, it shows the Jaime folder (more precisely the C:\Users\Jaime\ folder, which is the Path variable into the @Resources\Includes\Variables.inc file. But such a folder doesn't exist on my computer. It probably exists on yours, but this is not the case for all users who are downloading you skin. I'd be tempted to replace the variable with something like Path=#SKINSPATH# (but obviously this is just an example), because with the given variable, the skin practically doesn't really work, since the path doesn't exist.
It is fixed. I rearranged the code, took the "EXpandable" measures to an inc file and got rid of non necessary !Refresh bangs that caused lag to the Explorer. Navigation is now smother and faster.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Jaime Méndez wrote: October 25th, 2022, 1:13 am It is fixed. I rearranged the code, took the "EXpandable" measures to an inc file and got rid of non necessary !Refresh bangs that caused lag to the Explorer. Navigation is now smother and faster.
Alright, I see. Have a question and a comment as well:
  • How can I change the drive, if there are more? The C: drive is open when I load the skin, I can go up to the root, but how can I switch to D: for instance?
  • In the lower part of the explore window (don't exactly know how to name it, it's the one shown when I check the checkbox in the upper left corner) if there are too many elements in the current folder, the existing folder names are overlaping the preview element, the one shown when hovering the mouse over an element of the current folder:
    Expand.png
Jaime Méndez

Post by Jaime Méndez »

Hi!

-The overlapping problem is font related. You have to install the font I just uploaded
-You can find disk driver menu either by clicking the name of main expandable folder or by clicking in drive letter (White button) in path address of the explorer

New update: Now expandable folder keeps expanded while navigating until you make a mouse leave action
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Jaime Méndez wrote: October 25th, 2022, 4:59 pm -The overlapping problem is font related. You have to install the font I just uploaded
Don't ask us to install a font. Instead, you have to add the .ttf or .otf file of the needed font to the @Resources\Fonts folder. If you do this the skin will be able to use it even if it's not installed.
Jaime Méndez wrote: October 25th, 2022, 4:59 pm -You can find disk driver menu either by clicking the name of main expandable folder or by clicking in drive letter (White button) in path address of the explorer
In first procedure have no idea what you mean by "main expandable folder". If you mean the folder shown when I activate the skin, no, it's not working. Clicking it opens the folder in Windows Explorer. Or did you mean something else?
In second procedure clicking is not enough. I have to write the appropriate drive letter and hit Enter. Indeed, it's working this way, didn't realize this so far. Sorry...
Jaime Méndez

Post by Jaime Méndez »

balala wrote: October 25th, 2022, 6:00 pm Don't ask us to install a font. Instead, you have to add the .ttf or .otf file of the needed font to the @Resources\Fonts folder. If you do this the skin will be able to use it even if it's not installed.
I tried to do it but upload size limitation didn't let me. That is why i suggested to install the font since first post
balala wrote: October 25th, 2022, 6:00 pm In second procedure clicking is not enough. I have to write the appropriate drive letter and hit Enter. Indeed, it's working this way, didn't realize this so far. Sorry...
Did you manage to display menu disk drives by clicking white button?
balala wrote: October 25th, 2022, 6:00 pm In first procedure have no idea what you mean by "main expandable folder". If you mean the folder shown when I activate the skin, no, it's not working. Clicking it opens the folder in Windows Explorer. Or did you mean something else?
I meant clicking on its name that highlights when mouse over action

Update: I decided to keep expandable folder expanded all the time until you Mouse middle click action on main folder in order to collapse expansion. It still expands with mouse over action on main folder
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Jaime Méndez wrote: October 25th, 2022, 8:23 pm I tried to do it but upload size limitation didn't let me. That is why i suggested to install the font since first post
Alright, but this is an unfortunate situation: most users won't install the font.
Jaime Méndez wrote: October 25th, 2022, 8:23 pm Did you manage to display menu disk drives by clicking white button?
Which white button? Have no idea. Maybe you could you post a screenshot, please. But maybe doesn't even really matter, since:
Jaime Méndez wrote: October 25th, 2022, 8:23 pm I meant clicking on its name that highlights when mouse over action
Sorry, didn't realize this. But it's working indeed. My bad...
Jaime Méndez

Post by Jaime Méndez »

balala wrote: October 25th, 2022, 8:41 pm Alright, but this is an unfortunate situation: most users won't install the font.
Making the skin resizable by mouse scroll action made me have to choose a specific font :(
balala wrote: October 25th, 2022, 8:41 pm Which white button? Have no idea. Maybe you could you post a screenshot, please. But maybe doesn't even really matter, since:
I invite you to download it again and comment about last enhancements. Fonts are displayed nicer in Expandable folder and subfolders. It keeps expanded until you colapse it with a mouse middle action on main folder. This way is better for navigating, I think.

You've been such a helpful fellow, Thank you
Attachments
GNogsgXCVz.png
Jaime Méndez

Post by Jaime Méndez »

Hi everyone!

I just uploaded major update with some bugs fixes and enhancements you can find here in first post with new details.

I hope you enjoy it!
Comments and critics are welcome ;-)
Last edited by Jaime Méndez on October 27th, 2022, 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Jaime Méndez wrote: October 26th, 2022, 11:01 am Comments and critics are welcome ;-)
Something just seen, which you should check. When I'm hovering the mouse over images, for a moment I get shown the icon of it on right, which immediately get changing to the preview on left. See attached screenshot:
GIF 2022. 10. 26. 21-47-45.gif
Jaime Méndez wrote: October 26th, 2022, 11:01 am you can find here in first post with new details.
Broken link. Please check this one as well.
Jaime Méndez

Post by Jaime Méndez »

balala wrote: October 26th, 2022, 7:04 pm Something just seen, which you should check. When I'm hovering the mouse over images, for a moment I get shown the icon of it on right, which immediately get changing to the preview on left
Yes, what you see is the file you recently accessed for an instant as you exit one row and hover over the next, there is a small gap between them depending on the size of the mask and its font. The only wayi think of to fix it would be to overlap the rows a bit, but it might make the skin not so clean sometimes. Recent accessed file hides while hovering rows and shows when not. How could i fix that?
balala wrote: October 26th, 2022, 7:04 pm Broken link. Please check this one as well.
Fixed