It is currently April 16th, 2024, 8:41 am

IsFullScreen 3.0

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
arthur7227

Re: IsFullScreen 3.0

Post by arthur7227 »

Greetings, everyone,
Im sorry for fool question, I saw it was already mentioned here, but I didnt see how to solve it,
maybe you can give the proper advice ?

when I click on Desktop, the plugin says that explorer.exe is focused , and because of this it "disables" my top-most skins

I launched Rainmeter.exe with admin proveleges, but it not changed anything

is ther eany way to fix it ?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

arthur7227 wrote: October 22nd, 2022, 2:36 am when I click on Desktop, the plugin says that explorer.exe is focused , and because of this it "disables" my top-most skins
What you mean by "disables"? Deactivates any skin? At least jsmorley's original skin doesn't execute such an action. So, I assume you've rewrote the code. Am I right? If I am, please post the rewritten code.
arthur7227

Post by arthur7227 »

balala wrote: October 22nd, 2022, 8:17 pm What you mean by "disables"? Deactivates any skin? At least jsmorley's original skin doesn't execute such an action. So, I assume you've rewrote the code. Am I right? If I am, please post the rewritten code.
Greetings, @balala.
Hope you doing well

I will post my code below, but it doesnt have effect on what Im talking about.
Im not saying the problem is with my skins,
I want to point that Desktop is recognized as "Full Screen, Focused"
Even when I manually un-loaded all of my skins and deleted it from C:doc:rainmeter , the jsmorley's original skin says my Desktop is FullScreen and Focused (the screenshot of it I provided above)

Speaking about the code, here is what I did
1) in jmorley's original skin - I didnt change anything

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1

[Metadata]
Name=IsFullScreen
Author=JSMorley
Version=3.0
License=Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 3.0
Information=Demonstrates IsFullScreen Plugin.
; This plugin will check to see if the "foreground" window, the window that currently has
; "focus", is full screen. The measure will return 1 as the number value if so, and
; 0 as the number value if not. The name of the process for the currently focused window will
; be returned as the string value. An empty string will be returned if the Desktop has focus.

; Note that this is not about "maximized", but rather "full screen".
; Note that this applies to full screen windows on the "primary" monitor only.
; Note that this will be unable to detect any process run "As administrator" unless Rainmeter itself is run "As administrator".

[MeasureIsFullScreen]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=IsFullScreen
IfCondition=MeasureIsFullScreen=1
IfTrueAction=[!SetOption MeterIsFullScreen Text "Full screen and has focus"][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
IfFalseAction=[!SetOption MeterIsFullScreen Text "Not full screen"][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
IfMatch=^$
IfMatchAction=[!SetOption MeterProcessName Text "Desktop"][!HideMeter MeterIsFullScreen][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
IfNotMatchAction=[!SetOption MeterProcessName Text ""][!ShowMeter MeterIsFullScreen][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]

[MeterProcessName]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureIsFullScreen
FontSize=11
FontColor=255,255,255,255
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1

[MeterIsFullScreen]
Meter=String
Y=30
FontSize=11
FontColor=255,255,255,255
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
2) I edited my skin, and added parameter "Measure" (copied from a message here)

Code: Select all

; ========= Skin Settings ==========
[Rainmeter]
Update=25
AccurateText=1
DynamicWindowSize=1

; ========= Measures ==========
[mIsFullScreen]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=IsFullScreen
IfCondition=mIsFullScreen=1
IfTrueAction=[!Hide "SKIN"]
IfFalseAction=[!Show *]

; ========= Meters ==========
[MeterTaskbarImage]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#SKIN.png
the parameter
IfCondition=mIsFullScreen=1
was the only way to make my idea actually and finally WORK.
The ONLY problem with this is : when doing something on Desktop, the plugin says DESKTOP : FULL SCREEN AND FOCUS.
This is the only issue that separates me from the most perfect work of my Skin. Its like have succes on 90%
P>S> I often see your messages about setting Update to 1000 as optimal, the problem for me is that when 1000 - the Skin gets "hidden" on Fullskreen too slow. With 25 it dissapears much more faster.

Cheers.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

arthur7227 wrote: October 22nd, 2022, 11:00 pm The ONLY problem with this is : when doing something on Desktop, the plugin says DESKTOP : FULL SCREEN AND FOCUS.
jsmorley, the author of the plugin, would be needed here, he is being much more able to help, but as far as I can tell, you can't do anything related to this. This is how the plugin is working. Sorry...
arthur7227 wrote: October 22nd, 2022, 11:00 pm P>S> I often see your messages about setting Update to 1000 as optimal, the problem for me is that when 1000 - the Skin gets "hidden" on Fullskreen too slow. With 25 it dissapears much more faster.
Lower update than the default one can be definitely used if needed. I say that usually Update=1000 proves to be the best approach, but if needed / wanted, a lower value can definitely be used.
Calen

Post by Calen »

This a great PlugIn, thank You for amazing work.

I have a quesion, is there any way to make it detect apps that are full screen on non-primary display?

At the moment it detects full screen apps great when I full screen them on Display 1, but does nothing when they are full screen on 2 or 3.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Calen wrote: October 14th, 2023, 10:57 am This a great PlugIn, thank You for amazing work.

I have a quesion, is there any way to make it detect apps that are full screen on non-primary display?

At the moment it detects full screen apps great when I full screen them on Display 1, but does nothing when they are full screen on 2 or 3.
This is literally mentioned in the first post from this thread: no.

That being said, you could try your luck with a more comprehensive approach regarding a window's state by the same author, this time using a compiled AutoIt script:
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=21785
Or, if you need even further flexibility, by using my fork of the above, which supports getting multiple windows' states:
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=42450&start=20#p215590

The window state variants above work differently than this plugin, in that you need to find specific window(s) to get their state from, via regex. I don't know if you can use an "empty" regex pattern to make it match "any" window and get its state, or if it works with multiple monitors, you'll have to try that yourself once you get familiar with the approach. Mentioning these is only meant to help in provide a somewhat related alternative that "might" be suited for your case.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth