It is currently March 29th, 2024, 11:14 am

[Bug] Skins show lower than actual CPU Usage in Windows 11 22H2

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Thinkr8

Re: [Bug] Skins show lower than actual CPU Usage in Windows 11 22H2

Post by Thinkr8 »

SilverAzide wrote: October 6th, 2022, 12:35 am Well, it isn't too difficult to change your measures from using time-based counters to using the utility counters.
Oh wow, I wasn't aware of that and it appears this will fix (I haven't tried the code yet) the mismatch. Thank you so much and yeah, I get it. MS (I believe) is trying to kill off 3rd party software by tightening down Windows as much as they can. And I also think MS isn't going to fix the issue from their end because every forum topic across the Internet that this question has been raised on has already been censored (and cut off from further commenting). :( Again, TY SilverAzide
Someone said, "Your thinking too much, so I thought more."
Thinkr8

Post by Thinkr8 »

Well, I was wrong SilverAzide, your sample code doesn't produce any values and the only thing I changed was the [MeasureCPU1] to 0. And I tried it as you gave me, but it doesn't work. TY :) What it does produce is this;
Average: 0,_Total% Core 0: 0,0%
Something is missing and I don't know what. And I'm getting the feeling this issue is making me look like I don't know what I'm doing, that's sad.

I'm also experiencing problems with visual audio skins, RSS not updating, recycle bin not updating, NetIn & out seems to be off on the values as well.
I'm convinced the Win11 Feature Update broke Rainmeter. I didn't have these problems before the upgrade. TY :)
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Thinkr8 wrote: October 6th, 2022, 8:25 am Well, I was wrong SilverAzide, your sample code doesn't produce any values and the only thing I changed was the [MeasureCPU1] to 0. And I tried it as you gave me, but it doesn't work. TY :) What it does produce is this; Something is missing and I don't know what. And I'm getting the feeling this issue is making me look like I don't know what I'm doing, that's sad.

I'm also experiencing problems with visual audio skins, RSS not updating, recycle bin not updating, NetIn & out seems to be off on the values as well.
I'm convinced the Win11 Feature Update broke Rainmeter. I didn't have these problems before the upgrade. TY :)
My bad, sorry about that. I forgot that UsageMonitor returns a string value that is the name of the counter, while the number value is the result we want. So, replace the MeterText meter with the following:

Code: Select all

[MeterText]
Meter=String
X=5
Y=5
W=100
H=35
FontColor=255,255,255,255
Text="Average: [MeasureAverageCPU:1]%#CRLF#Core 1: [MeasureCPU1:1]%"
DynamicVariables=1
Screenshot 2022-10-06 094311.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Thinkr8

Post by Thinkr8 »

Yes, that works, Thank you. :)
DanDaBear

Post by DanDaBear »

Yes, thank you SilverAzide. I got my CPU skin working again!_____:thumbup:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Never underestimate the power of stupid! :D
Beeta

Post by Beeta »

Thank you SilverAzide! I've made an update with your help to the CPU-RAM skin of Rainformer AIDA64 and posted it here if it helps someone else: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=27473&start=120#p210566

The Top Processes is still broken though, which reports way to low cpu usage per process. Both in Rainformer and your own Gadgets skin. Seems totally on Microsoft though as they have broken something. The details tab of Task manager even shows the same low cpu usage! :rofl: Good job M$!

The Processes tab of Task Manager shows the correct values though.
Rainformer Rainmeter CPU-RAM Skin fix for Windows 11 22H2
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=27473&start=120#p210566
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Beeta wrote: October 12th, 2022, 10:16 am Thank you SilverAzide! I've made an update with your help to the CPU-RAM skin of Rainformer AIDA64 and posted it here if it helps someone else: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=27473&start=120#p210566

The Top Processes is still broken though, which reports way to low cpu usage per process. Both in Rainformer and your own Gadgets skin. Seems totally on Microsoft though as they have broken something. The details tab of Task manager even shows the same low cpu usage! :rofl: Good job M$!

The Processes tab of Task Manager shows the correct values though.
Yes, I have not figured out a way to fix the Top Process type skins. It looks like the process performance counters are using a time-based method of reporting, so the however the Task Manager Processes tab is doing it appears to be some new or undocumented way of reporting.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Thinkr8

Post by Thinkr8 »

SilverAzide wrote: October 12th, 2022, 11:52 am Yes, I have not figured out a way to fix the Top Process type skins. It looks like the process performance counters are using a time-based method of reporting, so the however the Task Manager Processes tab is doing it appears to be some new or undocumented way of reporting.
I too have not found a way to correct the Top Process differences. Every day since the Win11 update I try to correct the problem and get no results.
I've decided before I release my build I'm gonna wait until I don't want to wait for the MS fix.
Thank you for the help you've already provided. It truly means a lot. :bounce: :bounce: :17good
sl23

Post by sl23 »

I just came across this thread via this thread.

My reason for starting with Rainmeter was nothing more than a CPU and RAM monitor for easy monitoring during music production.
Obviously I've expanded it's use over the years. But what I want to know is whether the old way is reliable still due to the MS changes? Is it as reliable as it was before despite the differing ways to view the CPU performance?

So, essentially, all that's needed is this?

Code: Select all

[MeasureCPU1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=UsageMonitor
Category="Processor Information"
Counter="% Processor Utility"
Name="0,0"
MinValue=0
MaxValue=100

[MeterText]
Meter=String
X=5
Y=5
W=100
H=35
FontColor=255,255,255,255
DynamicVariables=1
- MuLab -
Thinkr8

Post by Thinkr8 »

MeasureAverageCPU:1 isn't measured because there is no measure.
I see we can get a CPU measurement as best Rainmeter can provide, however, the true question -and still remains- is,

Rainmeter's "Top Process" measure doesn't match Windows 11 22H2 22621.900 "Task Manager/Processes/CPU" percentage values.
They've been off since the feature update.

That's cool, thanks. Everybody else (3rd party monitoring tools) fixed their programs, I guess Rainmeter hasn't figured it out yet.
Screenshot 2022-10-03 090319.png
I moved on from this and now I'm just sitting back and waiting for the fix.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.