SuchyX

Re: SketchyWeather

Post by SuchyX »

Ty for help :)
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Cariboudjan wrote: January 11th, 2022, 2:03 am How was this new key found? Is there any way a Webparser can be used to check if the api has changed?

Maybe there should be a built-in variable #WEATHERAPI#? Then the api can be included in a new update of Rainmeter and individual authors don't need to update their skins?

Especially now that Rainmeter can download new updates automatically?
Yincognito posted a skin that can read the APIKey used for V3 weather.

You can use this to obtain the APIKey value as a variable.

His skin will write the new value to:
"#SKINSPATH##SkinName#\@Resources\WeatherComJSONVariables.inc".
If your variables file location is elsewhere, the path would have to be modified.
Sekirin

Post by Sekirin »

Yeah it used to work for me but right now even though I do what I used to do which is to change the latitude and longitude and also the measure system, it just doesn't want to work. I tried reinstalling it and its still the same issue.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Sekirin wrote: October 6th, 2022, 12:40 am Yeah it used to work for me but right now even though I do what I used to do which is to change the latitude and longitude and also the measure system, it just doesn't want to work. I tried reinstalling it and its still the same issue.
None of those things matter, and reinstalling rarely ever helps either. So did you do the most important thing in jsmorley's post here https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=34691&start=20#p202614, which is to change the APIKey value?
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...