It is currently April 19th, 2024, 3:46 pm

After a certain period of time, rainmeter stops running in the background

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Active Colors

Re: After a certain period of time, rainmeter stops running in the background

Post by Active Colors »

phoenyx78 wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 9:55 am I tried doing that and the problem still persists
We didn't hear from you regarding these:
1. https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=41389#p210316
2. https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=41389&start=10#p210338
3. https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=41389&start=10#p210343

You should have default "illustro" skin suite. Unload any skins related to "ValliStart" and "JaxCore", restart Rainmeter, load any skin from "illustro" and leave it running for a while. Does this skin disappear?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

phoenyx78 wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 12:01 am I dont really have any other skins
I doubt you don't have. At least illustro (which is the default skin, installed along with Rainmeter) should be there. Open Manage Rainmeter (by clicking its icon in the Notification Area). You can see there the list of installed skins. Only ValiStart is there? If not (and as said, I really doubt there isn't any other skin / config), try loading other skins than ValiStart AND make sure this last one (ValiStart) is deactivated. For instance, you can load the illustro default layout (go to the Layouts tab, click illustro default on the Saved layouts list and click the Load button), which ensures you ValiStart is not activated anymore.
Question is if the issue still persists with the illustro skins. I (we) need to know this, to can exclude a Rainmeter error (which is not too probably but is not impossible either).
phoenyx78

Post by phoenyx78 »

balala wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 7:58 pm I doubt you don't have. At least illustro (which is the default skin, installed along with Rainmeter) should be there. Open Manage Rainmeter (by clicking its icon in the Notification Area). You can see there the list of installed skins. Only ValiStart is there? If not (and as said, I really doubt there isn't any other skin / config), try loading other skins than ValiStart AND make sure this last one (ValiStart) is deactivated. For instance, you can load the illustro default layout (go to the Layouts tab, click illustro default on the Saved layouts list and click the Load button), which ensures you ValiStart is not activated anymore.
Question is if the issue still persists with the illustro skins. I (we) need to know this, to can exclude a Rainmeter error (which is not too probably but is not impossible either).
I think the problem has been solved by me listening to (I dont know the user)'s recommendations to reinstall Microsoft Visual C++
Thanks to everyone on this post for helping me
tass_co

Post by tass_co »

phoenyx78 wrote: October 5th, 2022, 5:36 am I think the problem has been solved by me listening to (I dont know the user)'s recommendations to reinstall Microsoft Visual C++
Thanks to everyone on this post for helping me
We are glad that you were able to solve your problem :thumbup:
I don't know where i going from here, but i promise it won't be boring... :great: