It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:34 am

Help with skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
terry.c

Help with skin

Post by terry.c »

Hi, would anybody be able to help with a skin? It's not picking up all PC system readings like other skins. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thx
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Help with skin

Post by balala »

terry.c wrote: October 4th, 2022, 7:15 am Hi, would anybody be able to help with a skin? It's not picking up all PC system readings like other skins. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
What do you mean by "not picking up all PC system readings"? And which is the skin in cause? When has it been installed, from when are you using it? There are many questions to be answered before anyone could help.
Depending on the skin, if it uses PerfMon plugin measures it might happen to have the Windows performance counter database corrupted. To fix it try to follow what is described here, then see if it works. If still doesn't, please come back with a few information, especially with a skin name and a link where we can get it.
terry.c

Post by terry.c »

Hi @balala,

I tried the git help link you posted. Didn't help. I'm using S8dyStatsHWiNFO_1.2.1 from here on Rainmeter's "systems monitoring" group in the forum.
I do have a couple HWiNFOs on my system, none of them change anything with the skin.
I've just downloaded the skin, installed it (initially without the .dll HWiNFO available), then went back and tried to reinstall with the .dll., tried with a couple different HWiNFOs.exe, nothing changed. Not picking up readings for CPU load, GPU all, fan speeds, motherboard temps. I've attached an image of the skin to show what's going on.

Appreciate the help!
Terry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

terry.c wrote: October 4th, 2022, 7:46 pm I'm using S8dyStatsHWiNFO_1.2.1 from here on Rainmeter's "systems monitoring" group in the forum.
I do have a couple HWiNFOs on my system, none of them change anything with the skin.
Make sure HWiNFO is running when you try using the skin. Having it on the computer is not enough.
But unfortunately, I can't help more, because I'm not using this software. Sorry...
terry.c

Post by terry.c »

Hi,

Thanks, it's running when using the skin. Still nothing.

Thanks
tass_co

Post by tass_co »

terry.c wrote: October 4th, 2022, 7:46 pm Hi @balala,

I tried the git help link you posted. Didn't help. I'm using S8dyStatsHWiNFO_1.2.1 from here on Rainmeter's "systems monitoring" group in the forum.
I've just downloaded the skin, installed it (initially without the .dll HWiNFO available), then went back and tried to reinstall with the .dll., tried with a couple different HWiNFOs.exe, nothing changed. Not picking up readings for CPU load, GPU all, fan speeds, motherboard temps. I've attached an image of the skin to show what's going on.

Appreciate the help!
Terry
Have you checked the Shared Memory Support option?
Available in the statement.
Sh8dyStatsHWiNFO 1.2.1

05.10.2022 - 00.09.17-Window.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I don't know where i going from here, but i promise it won't be boring... :great:
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

terry.c wrote: October 4th, 2022, 8:45 pm Hi,

Thanks, it's running when using the skin. Still nothing.

Thanks
Have you configured the skin to read the HWiNFO sensors? It is not nearly enough to simply install HWiNFO. You need to read the first post and understand that you need to use the Shared Memory Viewer to configure the skin.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
terry.c

Post by terry.c »

Hi,

thanks, it helps to read the instructions lol. working now except gpu, HWiNFO60 picking it up, and MoBro showing gpu load, but not working in skin. posted a request for help in other forum. thanks again!

t