It is currently April 18th, 2024, 11:13 am

Gadgets 7.6.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
ptmax13

Re: Gadgets 7.4.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by ptmax13 »

SilverAzide, I feel the need to once again congratulate you for this magnificent suite and moreover for keeping up with the times and releasing updates. I loved the new Modernizer, please keep adding things to it...

If I may, I would like to suggest a few things:

CPU and GPU Meter:
- Can we have the option to hide the Used,Free,Total two-liners but keep the Memory usage bar with the percentage?

Drives Meter:
- Can we have the temperature of the Drive displayed much like the ModernGadgets meter? It's really useful for NVME drives... :)

I know I can mess with the skins myself and do the above, but I have to do it every time you release an update.
:bow:
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

ptmax13 wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 7:20 am SilverAzide, I feel the need to once again congratulate you for this magnificent suite and moreover for keeping up with the times and releasing updates. I loved the new Modernizer, please keep adding things to it...

If I may, I would like to suggest a few things:

CPU and GPU Meter:
- Can we have the option to hide the Used,Free,Total two-liners but keep the Memory usage bar with the percentage?

Drives Meter:
- Can we have the temperature of the Drive displayed much like the ModernGadgets meter? It's really useful for NVME drives... :)

I know I can mess with the skins myself and do the above, but I have to do it every time you release an update.
:bow:
Thanks! Glad you like the Gadgets!

For the CPU and GPU Meter, yes, I can look at adding that. It is not a simple thing to do, but I can see what it will take to add this into the next release.

For the Drives Meter, this is actually much more difficult to do than it might appear at first glance. The problem is that the Drives Meter (and Windows, and Rainmeter) look at logical drives to get the stats and so forth. But temperatures apply to physical drives. This is actually a much worse situation than even single/hyper-threaded CPU cores. The reason is that a single physical drive can be partitioned into multiple logical drives, or multiple physical drives can be combined into a single logical drive (or multiple logical drives) via RAID or storage pools, etc., etc. It is extremely difficult to unwind the mapping between physical and logical drives (there is no single simple way to associate a logical to a physical drive). It can be done, of course, but Windows does not make this easy at all. The only case where this works is when you have a 1:1 mapping between a physical and logical drive. That's the typical case, but not for everyone, and I don't really want to do this if I can't get it to work with all combinations.

The alternative solution is to create a Drives Meter that looks at physical drives. There are problems with this as well, and it's not simple to do this either. Probably the only good way to do this is a Drives Meter that depends entirely on HWiNFO (like the GPU Meter does), but that is quite a chore to create such a thing.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
ptmax13

Post by ptmax13 »

SilverAzide wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 12:00 pm Thanks! Glad you like the Gadgets!

For the CPU and GPU Meter, yes, I can look at adding that. It is not a simple thing to do, but I can see what it will take to add this into the next release.

For the Drives Meter, this is actually much more difficult to do than it might appear at first glance. The problem is that the Drives Meter (and Windows, and Rainmeter) look at logical drives to get the stats and so forth. But temperatures apply to physical drives. This is actually a much worse situation than even single/hyper-threaded CPU cores. The reason is that a single physical drive can be partitioned into multiple logical drives, or multiple physical drives can be combined into a single logical drive (or multiple logical drives) via RAID or storage pools, etc., etc. It is extremely difficult to unwind the mapping between physical and logical drives (there is no single simple way to associate a logical to a physical drive). It can be done, of course, but Windows does not make this easy at all. The only case where this works is when you have a 1:1 mapping between a physical and logical drive. That's the typical case, but not for everyone, and I don't really want to do this if I can't get it to work with all combinations.

The alternative solution is to create a Drives Meter that looks at physical drives. There are problems with this as well, and it's not simple to do this either. Probably the only good way to do this is a Drives Meter that depends entirely on HWiNFO (like the GPU Meter does), but that is quite a chore to create such a thing.
Thanks for considering these.
The HWiNFO solution was on my mind also, when I was pondering how could I do this myself.
Is it so difficult to make an optional connection with the plugin so that we could define the HWiNFO parameters ourselves, just like the GPU meter?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

ptmax13 wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 12:16 pm Thanks for considering these.
The HWiNFO solution was on my mind also, when I was pondering how could I do this myself.
Is it so difficult to make an optional connection with the plugin so that we could define the HWiNFO parameters ourselves, just like the GPU meter?
No, it's not "difficult", per se... It's just that it will end up being a whole new skin, so it will be a lot of work. This skin is already enormous because of all the possible drive letters, so to keep things simple, it would be easier (I think) to just redo it.
ptmax13

Post by ptmax13 »

SilverAzide wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 3:59 pm No, it's not "difficult", per se... It's just that it will end up being a whole new skin, so it will be a lot of work. This skin is already enormous because of all the possible drive letters, so to keep things simple, it would be easier (I think) to just redo it.
LoL, that is indeed too much work for a temp measure...
Nevermind though, I just found a clever solution:
Screenshot 2022-10-03 210020.png
Screenshot 2022-10-03 210152.png
Which gives me an idea...
Could we have a seperate gadget skin, connected with the HWiNFO plugin, where we could fill in extra meters by just editing a specific section of "HWiNFO.inc" like the example with the GPU meter optional additional monitoring?
If only we could find a way to name them as we like...
(just thinking out loud here, thanks for considering the Used,Free,Total as a toggleable option)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

ptmax13 wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 6:11 pm LoL, that is indeed too much work for a temp measure...
Nevermind though, I just found a clever solution:

Which gives me an idea...
Could we have a seperate gadget skin, connected with the HWiNFO plugin, where we could fill in extra meters by just editing a specific section of "HWiNFO.inc" like the example with the GPU meter optional additional monitoring?
If only we could find a way to name them as we like...
(just thinking out loud here, thanks for considering the Used,Free,Total as a toggleable option)
Oh, yes, the new GPU Meter can do that if you want.

What you are asking for sounds very similar to the Gadget Additions HWiNFO Monitor skin. You can display something like 20 (??) different sensors. It has a ModernGadgets theme you can apply also.

As far as naming them as you like, you can do that directly in HWiNFO (I did not realize this until recently). Find the sensor you like and right-click and select Rename (or press <F2>). This is great for cases where the sensor names are all the same. The GPU Meter will automatically trim off the leading "GPU" if it is there, but this can be changed or enhanced easily if you need it.
ptmax13

Post by ptmax13 »

SilverAzide wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 6:45 pm Oh, yes, the new GPU Meter can do that if you want.

What you are asking for sounds very similar to the Gadget Additions HWiNFO Monitor skin. You can display something like 20 (??) different sensors. It has a ModernGadgets theme you can apply also.

As far as naming them as you like, you can do that directly in HWiNFO (I did not realize this until recently). Find the sensor you like and right-click and select Rename (or press <F2>). This is great for cases where the sensor names are all the same. The GPU Meter will automatically trim off the leading "GPU" if it is there, but this can be changed or enhanced easily if you need it.
Oh! nice...
Thanks for the info!!
DangerousMinds

Post by DangerousMinds »

First of all I have to say that I love these Gadgets. Especially the colors and the simple design! ♥ ♥ ♥
But some little things are bothering me for quite a while. So I hope that I can get help here :)

I want to change the size of the All CPU Meter. I know the function to do this in the settings, but what I want to do is make the gadget wider and change the showing of the columns. A few years ago, I used the All CPU Meter from James Musix (https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18381&p=101504) and changed the skin so that it fit my wishes. That means that I make a new column for showing the temperatures of the cores because no other skin that I liked had that feature at that time. Since a few months the temperature is no longer showing, and I also switched to your gadgets @SilverAzide, and I'm very happy with that.

Is there a way to “center” the columns and let there a little bit more space between them? Like it is in my old skin. See the picture, it's the one on the top.
And I want to name the new column Temp like in the old skin. How can I dot that? And then I am maybe too dumb, but why does the gadget only shows the blue intel logo not the other one with the intel text? How can I change that? Don't know if you can tell that without more information.
Then I have some problems to get the MHz showing, so is there a way to delete this? Or can someone help me find the right ID for that?

So that is all. I hope you can help me :)

Have a nice weekend everyone!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

DangerousMinds wrote: October 7th, 2022, 6:58 pm
Hello! Glad you like the Gadgets!

You have got a number of questions and so I will answer the simplest one first, about the "blue Intel logo". I notice you have the Moderizer installed, so you are using the ModernGadgets theme, so that does change the logo to a generic CPU image. But I am not exactly sure what you are asking for, since all the Intel logos are blue. You have 3 choices:
  1. Do you want to see the official model-specific logos for your CPU? These will say "Core" or "Xeon" or whatever your model of processor is. If so, you can easily do that. Open the file Gadgets\@Resources\CpuVariables.inc and find the line that says UseGenericIcons=0. Change this line to UseGenericIcons=1, save the file, and refresh the skin. Don't change anything else in this file.
  2. Do you want to see the official generic Intel brand logo (a plain blue square with Intel in white text)? If so, you can easily change this. Copy the file Gadgets\Modernizer\OgResources\CPU_intel_generic.png to the folder Gadgets\@Resources, overwriting the existing file with the same name. Refresh the skin if needed.
  3. Do you want to see the old "Intel Inside" logo like in your screenshot? If so, you can easily change this too. Find the file Gadgets\@Resources\CPU_intel_generic.png. Rename it by adding an extension, like ".old" or ".bak". Then, find the file Gadgets\@Resources\CPU_intel_legacy.png and rename the file to CPU_intel_generic.png. Refresh the skin if needed.
If you use the Modernizer to change the theme again, you'll have to repeat these steps.

For your question about "problems to get the MHz showing", it looks like from your screenshot that you have not properly configured the HWiNFO sensors. Open HWiNFO and make sure all the "core clock" sensors are selected for reporting. Then adjust the HWiNFO.inc file to tell the CPU Meter which sensor indexes to use for the clocks. Attach your HWiNFOIndexList.txt file if you still have issues. If you just want to turn this off, you can do that by hiding the meter that shows this data. Open the Gadgets\All CPU Meter\CpuMain.inc file and find the meter [MeterCPUClock]. At the end of this section, add the line Hidden=1.

Finally, for your question about the temperatures, this is possible but it is a huge amount of work. This skin configures itself using a Lua script, so you will not only need to edit the skin layout, but you will need to adjust the Lua code as well.
DangerousMinds

Post by DangerousMinds »

SilverAzide wrote: October 7th, 2022, 8:11 pm Hello! Glad you like the Gadgets!

You have got a number of questions and so I will answer the simplest one first, about the "blue Intel logo". I notice you have the Moderizer installed, so you are using the ModernGadgets theme, so that does change the logo to a generic CPU image. But I am not exactly sure what you are asking for, since all the Intel logos are blue. You have 3 choices:
  1. Do you want to see the official model-specific logos for your CPU? These will say "Core" or "Xeon" or whatever your model of processor is. If so, you can easily do that. Open the file Gadgets\@Resources\CpuVariables.inc and find the line that says UseGenericIcons=0. Change this line to UseGenericIcons=1, save the file, and refresh the skin. Don't change anything else in this file.
  2. Do you want to see the official generic Intel brand logo (a plain blue square with Intel in white text)? If so, you can easily change this. Copy the file Gadgets\Modernizer\OgResources\CPU_intel_generic.png to the folder Gadgets\@Resources, overwriting the existing file with the same name. Refresh the skin if needed.
  3. Do you want to see the old "Intel Inside" logo like in your screenshot? If so, you can easily change this too. Find the file Gadgets\@Resources\CPU_intel_generic.png. Rename it by adding an extension, like ".old" or ".bak". Then, find the file Gadgets\@Resources\CPU_intel_legacy.png and rename the file to CPU_intel_generic.png. Refresh the skin if needed.
If you use the Modernizer to change the theme again, you'll have to repeat these steps.

For your question about "problems to get the MHz showing", it looks like from your screenshot that you have not properly configured the HWiNFO sensors. Open HWiNFO and make sure all the "core clock" sensors are selected for reporting. Then adjust the HWiNFO.inc file to tell the CPU Meter which sensor indexes to use for the clocks. Attach your HWiNFOIndexList.txt file if you still have issues. If you just want to turn this off, you can do that by hiding the meter that shows this data. Open the Gadgets\All CPU Meter\CpuMain.inc file and find the meter [MeterCPUClock]. At the end of this section, add the line Hidden=1.
WOW, thank you for your fast answer! I will look into it and try that out. :) But not today because it's very late here and my bed is calling for me :lol:
SilverAzide wrote: October 7th, 2022, 8:11 pm Finally, for your question about the temperatures, this is possible but it is a huge amount of work. This skin configures itself using a Lua script, so you will not only need to edit the skin layout, but you will need to adjust the Lua code as well.
Ok for the temperatures point, that sounds like I have to live with the actual layout. That's sad because I know nothing about Lua so I can't try this out. :-( It is how it is :lol: