It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:20 pm

After a certain period of time, rainmeter stops running in the background

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
phoenyx78

After a certain period of time, rainmeter stops running in the background

Post by phoenyx78 »

Okay so I installed a skin called "ValliStart" and it's a pretty good skin, however after a certain period of time, Rainmeter stops running in the background, how do I make it so that it NEVER stops running in the background?
ikarus1969

Re: After a certain period of time, rainmeter stops running in the background

Post by ikarus1969 »

Please could you provide a link where we can download the skin? Without it will be hard to reproduce the problem and help you - thank you!
tass_co

Post by tass_co »

phoenyx78 wrote: September 29th, 2022, 12:35 am Okay so I installed a skin called "ValliStart" and it's a pretty good skin, however after a certain period of time, Rainmeter stops running in the background, how do I make it so that it NEVER stops running in the background?
The person who made the skin is a forum member and you can ask your problem to him directly :thumbup:

ValliStart
I don't know where i going from here, but i promise it won't be boring... :great:
phoenyx78

Post by phoenyx78 »

ikarus1969 wrote: September 29th, 2022, 6:10 am Please could you provide a link where we can download the skin? Without it will be hard to reproduce the problem and help you - thank you!
Yeah sure here it is! https://www.deviantart.com/jaxoriginals/art/ValliStart-Start-menu-replacement-893506095
But it isnt a ValliStart problem its a Rainmeter problem (cause when the skin doesnt load I have to start up Rainmeter again, not Vallistart)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

phoenyx78 wrote: September 29th, 2022, 12:35 am however after a certain period of time, Rainmeter stops running in the background,
Not sure what you mean by "in the background". Rainmeter doesn't run in background. If you don1t load skins, there indeed is nothing to see on screen, but if a skin is activated you usually see that skin, unless it is done to have no visible elements. But in these cases, Rainmeter doesn't run in background. So, for first you should help me (us) to understand what the "stops running in the background" does mean.
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

balala wrote: September 29th, 2022, 2:35 pm Not sure what you mean by "in the background". Rainmeter doesn't run in background. If you don1t load skins, there indeed is nothing to see on screen, but if a skin is activated you usually see that skin, unless it is done to have no visible elements. But in these cases, Rainmeter doesn't run in background. So, for first you should help me (us) to understand what the "stops running in the background" does mean.
I suppose he means that the Rainmeter.exe process suddenly stops.

Even if you don't have any active skins, Rainmeter.exe is still running as a process.
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

phoenyx78 wrote: September 29th, 2022, 2:07 pm Yeah sure here it is! https://www.deviantart.com/jaxoriginals/art/ValliStart-Start-menu-replacement-893506095
But it isnt a ValliStart problem its a Rainmeter problem (cause when the skin doesnt load I have to start up Rainmeter again, not Vallistart)
Do you notice what triggers Rainmeter to stop running? Maybe you are doing something while interacting with ValliStart? And how often does this problem appear?

I suggest to try unloading "ValliStart" and run default "illustro" skin for a while to see if Rainmeter stops running in this case too. Because for me it seems that there is a problem with ValliStart in your case.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Active Colors wrote: September 29th, 2022, 3:29 pm Even if you don't have any active skins, Rainmeter.exe is still running as a process.
Right. And the Rainmeter icon is present in the Notification Area.
phoenyx78

Post by phoenyx78 »

balala wrote: September 29th, 2022, 4:54 pm Right. And the Rainmeter icon is present in the Notification Area.
Well yeah but once again after a certian period of time the icon also disappears, Rainmeter.exe is nowhere to bee seen in task manager either
tass_co

Post by tass_co »

phoenyx78 wrote: September 30th, 2022, 12:57 am Well yeah but once again after a certian period of time the icon also disappears, Rainmeter.exe is nowhere to bee seen in task manager either
Which version of Rainmeter are you using?
Versions 4.5.14 and 4.5.15 is broken! Rainmeter crashing versions 4.5.14 - 4.5.15

If you are using one of these versions, install 4.5.16 and try again.
https://www.rainmeter.net/
I don't know where i going from here, but i promise it won't be boring... :great: