It is currently April 20th, 2024, 4:26 am

Shared Memory and Arduino

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Indie

Shared Memory and Arduino

Post by Indie »

Hi,

I found out about HWiNFO and Rainmeter this weekend on YouTube. I thought I might be able to use this to display sensor data on my PC, but not by the usual way of a small screen. I'd like to try to use an Arduino to activate Nixie Tubes as well as stepper motors and servos for gauges.

I'm aware of the Rainmeter Shared Memory Viewer. To me, that implies that I should be able to get the Arduino to read that data and process it. Is it as simple as that?

Thank you.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Shared Memory and Arduino

Post by SilverAzide »

Indie wrote: September 26th, 2022, 12:33 pm Hi,

I found out about HWiNFO and Rainmeter this weekend on YouTube. I thought I might be able to use this to display sensor data on my PC, but not by the usual way of a small screen. I'd like to try to use an Arduino to activate Nixie Tubes as well as stepper motors and servos for gauges.

I'm aware of the Rainmeter Shared Memory Viewer. To me, that implies that I should be able to get the Arduino to read that data and process it. Is it as simple as that?

Thank you.
To be precise, the software you are referring to is the HWiNFO Shared Memory Viewer. It is supplied as part of the HWiNFO plugin for Rainmeter. However, since HWiNFO 7.x came out, you do not need it anymore. You can directly fetch HWiNFO sensor data from the registry, no need for any third-party plugin.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Indie

Re: Shared Memory and Arduino

Post by Indie »

SilverAzide wrote: September 26th, 2022, 1:04 pm To be precise, the software you are referring to is the HWiNFO Shared Memory Viewer. It is supplied as part of the HWiNFO plugin for Rainmeter. However, since HWiNFO 7.x came out, you do not need it anymore. You can directly fetch HWiNFO sensor data from the registry, no need for any third-party plugin.
Thank you so much. I'll look further into that. However, I do like the look of Rainmeter, so will continue to learn about that, too.