It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:12 am

Add button to desktop that will trigger an Alexa routine.

General topics related to Rainmeter.
photonslayer

Add button to desktop that will trigger an Alexa routine.

Post by photonslayer »

I'm very new to Rainmeter and want to do something I find how. I want to add an icon to my dock skin that will run an Alexa routine, (turn on lights for example). What would I have to do in order to do this?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Add button to desktop that will trigger an Alexa routine.

Post by balala »

photonslayer wrote: September 24th, 2022, 9:05 pm I want to add an icon to my dock skin that will run an Alexa routine, (turn on lights for example). What would I have to do in order to do this?
First, what an Alexa routine is, because me personally at least have no idea? And when would you like to execute / run the routine? When you click the added icon? Because it's not entirely clear.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Add button to desktop that will trigger an Alexa routine.

Post by Yincognito »

photonslayer wrote: September 24th, 2022, 9:05 pm I'm very new to Rainmeter and want to do something I find how. I want to add an icon to my dock skin that will run an Alexa routine, (turn on lights for example). What would I have to do in order to do this?
First there should be a way to run such routines from the command line or PowerShell (like running Alexa with arguments / parameters, for example), then, depending on the approach, using either a RunCommand measure or executing the above directly in a bang should do.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth