It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:00 pm

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Israeli

Re: Gadgets 7.4.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by Israeli »

SilverAzide wrote: September 24th, 2022, 2:46 pm There's nothing wrong with the Weather Meter. I need more information from you than simply "it doesn't work". I use it every day, so I know it works fine. A clean install gives me this:
Screenshot 2022-09-24 104300.png

After installing, you might need to restart Rainmeter, because sometimes the WepParser measures can hang up. If that does not help, look at the Rainmeter Log (it's on the About window) and see if there are any error messages showing up. Let me know what you find.
Well... I of course tried to restart Rainmeter, did not help. I even tried to reboot the system, but also did not help too.
And actually I saw no error, it simply stays forever trying to connect in order to get weather data!!

The question is: Anything was changed to connect and get weather data? With v7.3.0 always works simply perfect.

Maybe you also should know that I only use Ethernet line and VPN based, but WiFi does not exist at all.
Of course is also Rainmeter and HWiINFO newest version.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Israeli wrote: September 24th, 2022, 4:02 pm Well... I of course tried to restart Rainmeter, did not help. I even tried to reboot the system, but also did not help too.
And actually I saw no error, it simply stays forever trying to connect in order to get weather data!!

The question is: Anything was changed to connect and get weather data? With v7.3.0 always works simply perfect.

Maybe you also should know that I only use Ethernet line and VPN based, but WiFi does not exist at all.
Odd. The only changes are either cosmetic ones to the skin background appearance and to some of the date/time formatting logic for certain regions (locales), which should not even execute since you were already using 7.3.0 and the formatting is already done. There have been no changes to the code that fetches the data, since that code is all part of a standard set of template files maintained by one of the Rainmeter devs.

Can you post your Rainmeter log? Go to Rainmeter > Manage > Settings and check the Debug and Log to file options. Exit Rainmeter then restart it. Once the skins appear (and the Weather Meter is stuck), open the Settings screen and click the Show log file button, then post that file here. You can also find it here: C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.log.
Israeli

Post by Israeli »

SilverAzide wrote: September 24th, 2022, 4:23 pm Odd. The only changes are either cosmetic ones to the skin background appearance and to some of the date/time formatting logic for certain regions (locales), which should not even execute since you were already using 7.3.0 and the formatting is already done. There have been no changes to the code that fetches the data, since that code is all part of a standard set of template files maintained by one of the Rainmeter devs.

Can you post your Rainmeter log? Go to Rainmeter > Manage > Settings and check the Debug and Log to file options. Exit Rainmeter then restart it. Once the skins appear (and the Weather Meter is stuck), open the Settings screen and click the Show log file button, then post that file here. You can also find it here: C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.log.
That's truly weird... Hmmm... And all your updates never had such a problem. Maybe reason because most of the world uses 24h time and Celsius? 8-)
Sadly I also not have anymore the log, because I did the easiest way to fix it via image backup (luckily have have daily).

Anyway, I will try it again and will look then whether it happens again. And of course send the log too.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Israeli wrote: September 24th, 2022, 4:32 pm That's truly weird... Hmmm... And all your updates never had such a problem. Maybe reason because most of the world uses 24h time and Celsius? 8-)
Sadly I also not have anymore the log, because I did the easiest way to fix it via image backup (luckily have have daily).

Anyway, I will try it again and will look then whether it happens again. And of course send the log too.
Yes, the code will automatically detect your time and temperature preference and adjust the skin to match. But your preferences were already recorded by the v7.3.0 skin, so the new skin should not change anything, and the installer should keep all your settings intact.

I need to see the log in case what is happening is the skin is stuck in some loop due to a logic bug. If this happens though, usually all your skins will become stuck too or update very erratically.
Israeli

Post by Israeli »

F*ck... And same problem again!!

And here's the log: https://www.upload.ee/files/14526315/Rainmeter.log.html

P.S.: I also tried now the new Yahoo Weather, but same result.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Israeli wrote: September 24th, 2022, 4:45 pm F*ck... And same problem again!!

And here's the log: https://www.upload.ee/files/14526315/Rainmeter.log.html

P.S.: I also tried now the new Yahoo Weather, but same result.
Thank you for the log! I'm checking it now... I see one huge glaring problem: it is never calling the weather.com site for the data! Let me poke around a bit to see how (if) this is possible, so hang in there for a bit...

P.S.: The fact that the Yahoo skin is acting the same way indicates a logic problem someplace.
Israeli

Post by Israeli »

SilverAzide wrote: September 24th, 2022, 5:00 pm Thank you for the log! I'm checking it now... I see one huge glaring problem: it is never calling the weather.com site for the data! Let me poke around a bit to see how (if) this is possible, so hang in there for a bit...

P.S.: The fact that the Yahoo skin is acting the same way indicates a logic problem someplace.
I tell ya, there is a problem of the internet connection somehow... So something about that must be changed badly.

But no problem, I will wait and take a beer. :Whistle

Oh... Can be Compact Gadget enabled a problem and the size changed??
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Israeli wrote: September 24th, 2022, 5:09 pm I tell ya, there is a problem of the internet connection somehow... So something about that must be changed badly.

But no problem, I will wait and take a beer. :Whistle

Oh... Can be Compact Gadget enabled a problem and the size changed??
Yes, the fact that the weather.com (or yahoo.com) is not getting called definitely is a problem. But I think the "true" bug (if I understand what is happening) has existed before 7.3.0 but never showed up until now.

Yes, as you can use the compact Gadget, the skin code is the same (it is not a different skin, the skin just changes it's appearance).

I should have a work-around for you shortly...
Israeli

Post by Israeli »

SilverAzide wrote: September 24th, 2022, 5:19 pm Yes, the fact that the weather.com (or yahoo.com) is not getting called definitely is a problem. But I think the "true" bug (if I understand what is happening) has existed before 7.3.0 but never showed up until now.

Yes, as you can use the compact Gadget, the skin code is the same (it is not a different skin, the skin just changes it's appearance).

I should have a work-around for you shortly...
No problem, thanks for the great support!! :thumbup:

I can live nicely for some more time with v7.3.0...
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Israeli wrote: September 24th, 2022, 5:09 pm But no problem, I will wait and take a beer. :Whistle
Try the following: RIght-click the skin and from the Custom skin actions menu, select "English (CA)". The skin should restart. This will use metric/Celsius, which is what you want (and already have I suspect).

Let me know if is stays stuck on connecting. It's actually not stuck, it's more like "doing nothing".