It is currently April 25th, 2024, 1:43 am

Just tiny question to remove info ..

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
blabsaway22

Just tiny question to remove info ..

Post by blabsaway22 »

Hi guys, new here, just joined and sorry for the ridiculous simple question but what is the simple easy way I would remove the showing of the Ip address in the network info? I want it to show upload/download speed, but not the ip address..

the reason for this is I screenshot and video my screen alot and I don't want the Ip address there, But I do want to show upload/download speed.

I assume I can edit the skin and find somewhere there and put something to disable the ip address being shown.

awesome little program!

Thanks.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Just tiny question to remove info ..

Post by balala »

blabsaway22 wrote: September 11th, 2022, 7:59 pm new here, just joined and sorry for the ridiculous simple question
Don't be sorry, we're happy to help any beginner.
blabsaway22 wrote: September 11th, 2022, 7:59 pm what is the simple easy way I would remove the showing of the Ip address in the network info? I want it to show upload/download speed, but not the ip address..
i assume you're talking about the Network skin of the illustro suite, which is the default skin suite installed along with Rainmeter.
If I'm right, just add a Hidden=1 option to the [meterIPLabel] and [meterIPValue] meters. You also will want to add the same Hidden=1 option to the [meterSeperator] meter as well.
If you did this, you'll notice a distance between the NETWORK title and the Upload. To fix this modify the following options as it follows:

Code: Select all

[meterUploadLabel]
Y=40

[meterUploadBar]
Y=52

[meterDownloadLabel]
Y=60

[meterDownloadBar]
Y=72
blabsaway22

Post by blabsaway22 »

balala wrote: September 11th, 2022, 8:13 pm Don't be sorry, we're happy to help any beginner.

i assume you're talking about the Network skin of the illustro suite, which is the default skin suite installed along with Rainmeter.
If I'm right, just add a Hidden=1 option to the [meterIPLabel] and [meterIPValue] meters. You also will want to add the same Hidden=1 option to the [meterSeperator] meter as well.
If you did this, you'll notice a distance between the NETWORK title and the Upload. To fix this modify the following options as it follows:
all I did was add Hidden=1 to ONLY the MeteripValue and it shows up like this.. and I guess that's all I wanted so yay! thank you!

any particular reason I would need to add it to the other two you mentioned? it seems to work!
showrainmeter.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

blabsaway22 wrote: September 11th, 2022, 8:30 pm all I did was add Hidden=1 to ONLY the MeteripValue and it shows up like this.. and I guess that's all I wanted so yay! thank you!
To be honest, I doubt. If you add the Hidden=1 option ONLY to the [meterIPValue] meter, but not to the [meterIPLabel] as well, you get hidden the IP address, but not the IP Address label as well. But this label not being visible in your screenshot, I suppose you1ve added the Hidden=1 option to the mentioned [meterIPLabel] meter as well.
blabsaway22 wrote: September 11th, 2022, 8:30 pm any particular reason I would need to add it to the other two you mentioned? it seems to work!
Not absolutely necessary to add and modify all those meters, but if you don't do all things I've described, you'll:
  • Have a tiny, hard to see separator line (can be kept, if you like it). This meter is the [meterSeperator], but it's practically almost invisible, due to its transparency, set to 15 (from 255 - see the SolidColor=255,255,255,15 option of the [styleSeperator] section, used by the [meterSeperator] meter).
  • Have a distance between the NETWORK title and the Upload line. This distance is well seenable in your screenshot and can be removed by modifying the Y values, described in my previous reply. If the distance doesn1t bother you, you can keep unmodified the Y options. Your choice...