It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:27 pm

HWiNFO GPU Skin

Skins that monitor system information
Hoosier

Re: HWiNFO GPU Skin

Post by Hoosier »

I guess I'm just a dummy and a noob as I can't see to get this skin to connect with HWiNFO.
Help plz.
KJ
ChelOis

Post by ChelOis »

Hoosier wrote: December 19th, 2021, 1:30 am I guess I'm just a dummy and a noob as I can't see to get this skin to connect with HWiNFO.
Help plz.
KJ
Hi, Hoosier, I think it's not so obvious. Follow these steps:
- In the Sensors window of HWiNFO go to "Configure Sensors" and in the "HWiNFO Gadget" tab check "Enable reporting to Gadget".
- Select to output the required GPU sensors also checking "Report value to Gadget" and take note of each Index.
- Open the file "HWiNFOgpu.ini" in Notepad (located at "...\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\HWiNFOgpuNew").
- In the "[Variables]" section replace the variable of each sensor with the appropriate Index.
- Save the file, refresh the skin, and you are done.

Be aware that including or excluding new sensors to your output, modifies your previous indexes.

Edit: By the way, as GPUName index use any of the above.
Last edited by ChelOis on December 23rd, 2021, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoosier

Post by Hoosier »

Thank you very much.
I have it working now.
This forum is the best.
I appreciate all the help I've been given.
KJ
ChelOis

Post by ChelOis »

Hoosier wrote: December 23rd, 2021, 9:23 pm Thank you very much.
When I pick the GPU temp sensor, the variable that shows in the box is 0.
When I open the .ini file the variable is 207.
Seems to me, to be a large difference in the variables.
Does that seem correct?
TY,
KJ
Yes, those are example indexes.
liebergott

Post by liebergott »

Hi guys,
I am trying to get this skin HWiNFO GPU 1.3 to work.... Unfortunately the skin does not show me any values.
In HWinfo I have the Shared Memory enabled.
In the HWiNFOgpu.ini I have entered the sensor IDs. (0xe0002000 = GPUName, 0x1000000 = GPUTEmpDegrees.....)
Other GPU skins show me values.
Could you please give me a tip and help?
Best regards,
ron
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

liebergott wrote: January 10th, 2022, 9:19 am Hi guys,
I am trying to get this skin HWiNFO GPU 1.3 to work.... Unfortunately the skin does not show me any values.
In HWinfo I have the Shared Memory enabled.
In the HWiNFOgpu.ini I have entered the sensor IDs. (0xe0002000 = GPUName, 0x1000000 = GPUTEmpDegrees.....)
Other GPU skins show me values.
Could you please give me a tip and help?
Best regards,
ron
The GPU 1.3 skin does not use Shared Memory, and the configuration of the sensors is completely different. You need to follow the instructions posted with the v1.3 skin, which point here.
liebergott

Post by liebergott »

SilverAzide wrote: January 10th, 2022, 12:43 pm The GPU 1.3 skin does not use Shared Memory, and the configuration of the sensors is completely different. You need to follow the instructions posted with the v1.3 skin, which point here.
Thank you, version 1.2 works perfect!
Moondust76

Post by Moondust76 »

I can get the measurements to work but I can't get the GPU name to display in Rainmeter because I don't know how to get an index number for it. Report value in Gadget is not available for the line "[GPU [#0]: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti:]. What can I do to fix this?
tass_co

Post by tass_co »

Moondust76 wrote: August 23rd, 2022, 8:50 pm I can get the measurements to work but I can't get the GPU name to display in Rainmeter because I don't know how to get an index number for it. Report value in Gadget is not available for the line "[GPU [#0]: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti:]. What can I do to fix this?
Can you take a look at the thread I shared the link to? How it's done is explained there.

Using HWiNFO with Rainmeter
Moondust76

Post by Moondust76 »

tass_co wrote: August 23rd, 2022, 9:04 pm Can you take a look at the thread I shared the link to? How it's done is explained there.

Using HWiNFO with Rainmeter
I found it, works now. Thanks! Hard shit though for someone not so familiar with coding.