It is currently April 27th, 2024, 7:56 am

Another no-fuss Rainmeter skin recommendation please? Taskbar with 'icon copy'?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
NOTHEREFORLONG

Another no-fuss Rainmeter skin recommendation please? Taskbar with 'icon copy'?

Post by NOTHEREFORLONG »

Hi all,

I hope you're all well. :welcome:

I'm gonna keep this fairly short and succinct as possible but a few things need explaining. Firstly, I'm on Windows 11 Pro and have the latest version of Rainmeter and a very powerful PC with all the latest updates AFAIK.

Ok, so on another thread I had asked for advice about finding a fully functional Rainmeter weather skin.

This time [here] I'm asking for some advice on a Rainmeter Taskbar with a specific feature: I want one which can take your existing taskbar icons (I have 35 down there at the bottom of my desktop at present) and, if miracles do exist, turn them monotone.

I'm asking because to make 30+ new icons (because finding ALL of the specific ones I have, made by other designers, well, they're not all gonna be available from one designer, I very much doubt) would be very hard. Though I am unsure if making them would be easier. :confused:

I've already tried a Rainmeter taskbar called Glass Taskbar and while it looks 'ok', it's a ruddy NIGHTMARE trying to make custom icons for it - first I have to find a hi-res image online (if I don't already have one on my PC) then reduce its size, set its opacity, add it into a template I made and then save it to the right folder, save it into the skin's folder in the correct name THEN add the name into the config file as well as find the program's .exe file (to reference it) and if it doesn't have one (such as 'Settings') that works from a text folder then it's an extra headache.

To set 30+ icons for it would, drive, me, to, insanity. The process is just stupidly time consuming and mind-numbingly slow/tedious plus it doesn't look THAT great compared to the rest of my desktop design currently. :thumbdown: Hence why I'm looking for a better solution. Do you know a Rainmeter taskbar that'd be better suited to my needs/desires?

Also, with Glass Taskbar - if I have my browser minimised, when I click to open it again, it fails: instead, it opens a new instance of my browser without the tabs I have open in the minimised version - stupid! I have to close the Glass Taskbar, reopen my Windows one and restore the original instance of my browser. :uhuh:

Any advice, especially if you actually know of a skin which can do what I specified above, then do please let me know, thanks. :)

For what it's worth, my current (Windows) taskbar icons are:

01). Windows (11) Start.
02). Windows Search.
03). Calculator.
04). Character Map.
05). Control Panel.
06). Affinity Designer.
07). Affinity Photo.
08). Rockstar Social Club Launcher.
09). Open Office Draw.
10). Open Office Writer.
11). Microsoft Weather.
12). Ubisoft Uplay Launcher.
13). Davinci Resolve.
14). Microsoft Store.
15). Audacity.
16). Microsoft Image Composite Editor.
17). Settings.
18). Skype.
19). Telegram Desktop.
20). Unreal Editor 2.0.
21). Unreal Tournament (UT99).
22). Geforce Experience.
23). Now (NowTV).
24). Webcam Viewer.
25). SpeedFan
26). Steam.
27). Rainmeter (hurrah!).
28). Webcam Settings (actual software).
29). Adw Cleaner
30). Sichbo (TV).
31). VPN.
32). VLC.
33). Task Manager.
34). Resource Monitor.
35). Browser.

It would be nice to have them in monotone or 'colourable-by-code' so they all looked so much neater and more pleasing to the eye than they are now.

Hoping to read your answers! Thanks Rainies! :) :thumbup: