It is currently March 29th, 2024, 3:01 pm

How do I automatically turn a skin on or off based on weather information?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Pyuahowaito

How do I automatically turn a skin on or off based on weather information?

Post by Pyuahowaito »

can Rainmeter start or turn off a skin based on local weather forecast information? For example, it starts automatically when it rains and closes automatically when it stops raining.
Last edited by Pyuahowaito on August 7th, 2022, 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: How do I automatically turn a skin on or off based on weather information?

Post by balala »

Pyuahowaito wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 6:29 pm can Rainmeter start or turn off a skin based on local weather forecast information? For example, it starts automatically when it rains and closes automatically when it stops raining.
Yep, it definitely can. You have to use either an IfMatch, or an IfCondition option onto the proper measure which returns the current condition or the current weather icon. But how exactly do you do this depends on the skin you're working with. So, first question is what skin do you use? A link would be nice...
Pyuahowaito

Post by Pyuahowaito »

balala wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 6:43 pm Yep, it definitely can. You have to use either an IfMatch, or an IfCondition option onto the proper measure which returns the current condition or the current weather icon. But how exactly do you do this depends on the skin you're working with. So, first question is what skin do you use? A link would be nice...
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=17776It's a great skin, but I think it's still lacking in practicality, and it would be cool if it could respond to reality
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Pyuahowaito wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 7:19 pm https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=17776It's a great skin, but I think it's still lacking in practicality, and it would be cool if it could respond to reality
It can't "respond to reality", because it's not a weather skin. I suppose this is the skin which you would like to activate when it's raining, right? If I'm right, you need a real weather skin, which returns the current weather condition. Do you have / use such a skin? If you do, which one? That's the skin which we should work with, to activate / deactivate this one.
Pyuahowaito

Post by Pyuahowaito »

balala wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 7:39 pm It can't "respond to reality", because it's not a weather skin. I suppose this is the skin which you would like to activate when it's raining, right? If I'm right, you need a real weather skin, which returns the current weather condition. Do you have / use such a skin? If you do, which one? That's the skin which we should work with, to activate / deactivate this one.
Sorry balala I've never used a weather skin, but if this skin can't be implemented, is there a random activation and deactivation function to simulate?
tass_co

Post by tass_co »

Pyuahowaito wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 6:29 pm can Rainmeter start or turn off a skin based on local weather forecast information? For example, it starts automatically when it rains and closes automatically when it stops raining.
I adapted the skin made by JSMorley according to your wishes.
If the humidity is above 52, it will show you the skin :thumbup:

If you want to change this value;
Replace the IfCondition= CalcRainAlarm > 52 section in the contents of the JS Barometer.ini file.

Code: Select all

[CalcRainAlarm]
Measure=Calc
Formula=@CurrentHumidity
IfCondition= CalcRainAlarm > 52
IfTrueAction=[!ShowMeterGroup Alarm][!Redraw]
IfFalseAction=[!HideMeterGroup Alarm][!Redraw]
JSBarometer_2.0.rmskin
In the city where I live, it usually rains when the humidity is 52+.
If desired, it can be adjusted according to the variables @CurrentConditions/@CurrentConditionsMedium/@CurrentConditionsShort :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I don't know where i going from here, but i promise it won't be boring... :great:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Pyuahowaito wrote: August 4th, 2022, 12:26 am Sorry balala I've never used a weather skin, but if this skin can't be implemented, is there a random activation and deactivation function to simulate?
As said, the skin you've posted is only a rain simulation. It has nothing to do with the real weather condition. The real condition can be get from a weather skin. You can get one such skin on the Weather section of Share Your Creations. I assume you don't really know how to modify a weather skin to get the "Rain" when it's really raining. So for first please see tass_co's above reply and check the package he's posted (to be honest I didn't check it so far). If you don't find it good enough for your needs, we can alter it to match what you want.
So is his package alright?
Pyuahowaito

Post by Pyuahowaito »

Thank you all for your help, I understand a little, I really don't know how to modify the weather skin correctly, this skin is very good I understand the approximate way of working but it is very complicated for me, at the moment I do not know how to correctly make the Rain skin automatically turn on and off according to the humidity provided by the JSBarometer skin
1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tass_co

Post by tass_co »

Pyuahowaito wrote: August 4th, 2022, 10:39 pm Thank you all for your help, I understand a little, I really don't know how to modify the weather skin correctly, this skin is very good I understand the approximate way of working but it is very complicated for me, at the moment I do not know how to correctly make the Rain skin automatically turn on and off according to the humidity provided by the JSBarometer skin1.jpg
The skin I shared will appear when the weather is rainy (Humidity > 52).
If you want it to show the skin you want;
Open the JSBarometer.ini file with a text editor and replace the [CalcRainAlarm] line with the following.

[CalcRainAlarm]
Measure=Calc
Formula=@CurrentHumidity
IfTrueAction=[!ActivateConfig "Rain" "Rain.ini"]
IfFalseAction=[!DeactivateConfig "Rain"]
I personally do not recommend using this method.
Because when there is a skin that can do what you want by itself, it would not be a logical move to trigger it with another skin.
If you share the Rain.ini file I can make it into a single skin for you :thumbup:
I don't know where i going from here, but i promise it won't be boring... :great:
Pyuahowaito

Post by Pyuahowaito »

tass_co wrote: August 4th, 2022, 10:55 pm The skin I shared will appear when the weather is rainy (Humidity > 52).
If you want it to show the skin you want;
Open the JSBarometer.ini file with a text editor and replace the [CalcRainAlarm] line with the following.

[CalcRainAlarm]
Measure=Calc
Formula=@CurrentHumidity
IfTrueAction=[!ActivateConfig "Rain" "Rain.ini"]
IfFalseAction=[!DeactivateConfig "Rain"]
I personally do not recommend using this method.
Because when there is a skin that can do what you want by itself, it would not be a logical move to trigger it with another skin.
If you share the Rain.ini file I can make it into a single skin for you :thumbup: