It is currently April 19th, 2024, 5:03 am

DLLExporter error

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
bigparty

DLLExporter error

Post by bigparty »

Hi.

I'm trying to develop a plugin that needs some Windows API contracts, to use GlobalSystemMediaTransportControlsSessionManager and IAsyncOperation. When I make the references and use the methods I get the following error:

syntax error at token 'Windows.Foundation.FoundationContract' in: .assembly extern windowsruntime Windows.Foundation.FoundationContract PluginSystemVersio

EXEC : DllExporter error : Unable to assemble!

following the error I get the assembly:

Code: Select all

// Metadata version: v4.0.30319
.module extern Rainmeter.dll
.assembly extern mscorlib
{
  .publickeytoken = (B7 7A 5C 56 19 34 E0 89 )                         // .z\V.4..
  .ver 4:0:0:0
}
.assembly extern windowsruntime Windows.Foundation.FoundationContract
{
  .ver 3:0:0:0
}
.assembly extern windowsruntime Windows.Foundation.UniversalApiContract
{
  .ver 7:0:0:0
}
Has anyone run into the same problem?
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Re: DLLExporter error

Post by death.crafter »

bigparty wrote: November 12th, 2021, 3:13 pm Hi.

I'm trying to develop a plugin that needs some Windows API contracts, to use GlobalSystemMediaTransportControlsSessionManager and IAsyncOperation. When I make the references and use the methods I get the following error:

syntax error at token 'Windows.Foundation.FoundationContract' in: .assembly extern windowsruntime Windows.Foundation.FoundationContract PluginSystemVersio

EXEC : DllExporter error : Unable to assemble!

following the error I get the assembly:

Code: Select all

// Metadata version: v4.0.30319
.module extern Rainmeter.dll
.assembly extern mscorlib
{
  .publickeytoken = (B7 7A 5C 56 19 34 E0 89 )                         // .z\V.4..
  .ver 4:0:0:0
}
.assembly extern windowsruntime Windows.Foundation.FoundationContract
{
  .ver 3:0:0:0
}
.assembly extern windowsruntime Windows.Foundation.UniversalApiContract
{
  .ver 7:0:0:0
}
Has anyone run into the same problem?
I don't exactly remember but this error is raised due to target platform version and TFM, in your project file. Try messing around with those.
from the Realm of Death
mysterd2006

Post by mysterd2006 »

Hello

Did you find a solution to your problem ? I have the exact same situation trying to use the GlobalSystemMediaTransportControlsSessionManager interface.
It seems that DllExporter isn't compatible with modern .Net Framework versions, and I can't use .Net Framework 2.0 because of other dependencies...

Thanks in advance for your help
mysterd2006

Post by mysterd2006 »

Update: I could successfully perform the assembly, after having modified DllExporter source to use latest .net framework and compiled it.
However, I don't know if the resulting Dll will be usable as a rainmeter plugin yet :)
I'll keep you posted.
dethknite

Post by dethknite »

If you still have issue, lmk and I can look to see if some of the modifications I made to a similar DllExport routine I use for x64 bit code and dynamic virtual channels would be helpful here. I ran into a lot of weird stuff over the last several years crossing .NET and then the bitness changes.
bigparty

Post by bigparty »

mysterd2006 wrote: July 11th, 2022, 5:49 pm Update: I could successfully perform the assembly, after having modified DllExporter source to use latest .net framework and compiled it.
However, I don't know if the resulting Dll will be usable as a rainmeter plugin yet :)
I'll keep you posted.
It worked?
bigparty

Post by bigparty »

dethknite wrote: July 31st, 2022, 6:01 pm If you still have issue, lmk and I can look to see if some of the modifications I made to a similar DllExport routine I use for x64 bit code and dynamic virtual channels would be helpful here. I ran into a lot of weird stuff over the last several years crossing .NET and then the bitness changes.
Can you share this project?
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

Replace your DLLExporter.exe with this one
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
from the Realm of Death