It is currently March 29th, 2024, 8:55 am

FileChoose [Ver.1.2.0.1]

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: FileChoose [Ver.1.2.0.1]

Post by Yincognito »

rbriddickk84 wrote: July 26th, 2022, 2:34 pm Very true, a bit hard to accomplish that tho, when you are trying to learn programming on a side in C# and java. :lol:
8 years wasn't enough for me to sweep clean my coding habits :oops:
Haha, I know what you mean, and it's not related to just coding. I went through similar programming learning curves with Pascal, Delphi, a bit of assembler and Python, some VBA, C#, HTML, CSS, Javascript and recently even some GLSL for my current Three.js project, and I can tell you it depends on the programmer and realizing the benefits of adopting a solid yet flexible structure from the start for your projects. Once you see just how easy is to add new things / features if the underlying structure is well designed, you'll never want to go back to how you approached stuff before.

Of course, it's hard to do it if you already started the messy way, but the benefits surely surpass the one time needed to waste time on adjusting the coding skeleton to make it right, so to speak. The only thing you'd have to do to keep things clean afterwards is just to follow the corrected system for the little bits you add later on. Much easier and less time consuming than suffering the consequences of an all over the place structure every half an hour or so. ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
rbriddickk84
Rainmeter Sage

Post by rbriddickk84 »

Yincognito wrote: July 26th, 2022, 3:03 pm Haha, I know what you mean, and it's not related to just coding. I went through similar programming learning curves with Pascal, Delphi, a bit of assembler and Python, some VBA, C#, HTML, CSS, Javascript and recently even some GLSL for my current Three.js project, and I can tell you it depends on the programmer and realizing the benefits of adopting a solid yet flexible structure from the start for your projects. Once you see just how easy is to add new things / features if the underlying structure is well designed, you'll never want to go back to how you approached stuff before.
That is a very nice skill-tree you've got there! :D Can you believe that i am a graphic designer? :lol: Programming is just a simple hobby of mine.

Also i am sorry for if my code looks chaotic, but that is how easier for me. Naturally i am cleaning up some parts, but yeah. :)

I tried now on my PC what i did at work, brought it home, and now it somehow works here as well. :O Misterious.
Still struggling with some part, but i try to figure it out first, maybe i find a way :D

Thanks for all the help again! :thumbup:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

rbriddickk84 wrote: July 26th, 2022, 6:35 pm That is a very nice skill-tree you've got there! :D Can you believe that i am a graphic designer? :lol: Programming is just a simple hobby of mine.

Also i am sorry for if my code looks chaotic, but that is how easier for me. Naturally i am cleaning up some parts, but yeah. :)

I tried now on my PC what i did at work, brought it home, and now it somehow works here as well. :O Misterious.
Still struggling with some part, but i try to figure it out first, maybe i find a way :D

Thanks for all the help again! :thumbup:
Well, I guess most of us got into this to put nice things on the screen and make them "do stuff", so there is a bit of a graphic designer in all of us. Hobbies are the things we actually put passion into and we like, and it doesn't mean we are less proficient in them compared to what we do for a living, so yeah.

I'm glad both me and the other folks here on the forum could help with your problem, and the best of luck to you and your project going forward. Cheers! :great:
Jaime Méndez

Post by Jaime Méndez »

Hello, I hope someone can help me. I am trying to get a thumbnail from a photo file instead of its icon, but i couldn't get FileChoose PlugIn to work at all. The original code of "EXpandable" skin uses FileView PlugIn:

;In a .ini file

Code: Select all

[MeasureFolder]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path=#Path#
ShowDotDot=0
ShowFolder=1
Count=63
HideExtensions=1
FinishAction=[!Log "Folder read"]

; In a .inc file

[MeasureFileIcon0]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path=[MeasureFolder]
Index=1
Type=Icon
IconSize=Large
OnChangeAction=[!SetOption MeterTileIcon0 ImageName [MeasureFileIcon0]]

[MeasureFilePath0]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path=[MeasureFolder]
Index=1
Type=FilePath

[MeterTileIcon0]
Meter=Image
ImageName=[MeasureFileIcon0]
X=(#TILE_0_X#+#Tiles_Icon_OX#)
Y=(#TILE_0_Y#+#Tiles_Icon_OY#)
W=#Tiles_Icon_Size#
H=#Tiles_Icon_Size#
Container=MeterTile0
DynamicVariables=1
Last edited by balala on September 1st, 2022, 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use [code] tags when postând codes. It's the </> button.
rbriddickk84
Rainmeter Sage

Post by rbriddickk84 »

Jaime Méndez wrote: September 1st, 2022, 5:07 am Hello, I hope someone can help me. I am trying to get a thumbnail from a photo file instead of its icon, but i couldn't get FileChoose PlugIn to work at all. The original code of "EXpandable" skin uses FileView PlugIn:
Hi there!
I might be missing something here, probably more details or info. You wrote you have problem with FileChoose plugin, but i cannot see any codes what would use that plugin. As you wrote you using FileView plugins, so then i don't know what can be wrong in a code which uses FileChoose plugin. :confused:

On the subject of thumbnails, if you are certain that you would display only photo files thumbnails, i would display small images simply from the larder files instead. Most probably not the best and effective way to do so, but in a sudden, nothing else pops into my mind.

FileChoose plugin as far as i know is meant to do a bit more than FileView, but neither of them capable (so far) to display thumbnails in an easy way.
If not displaying the file itself in a smaller version, then it needs to be a resizing process in the background to do so.

Anyone should correct me in this matter if i am wrong!
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

rbriddickk84 wrote: September 1st, 2022, 8:10 am Hi there!
I might be missing something here, probably more details or info. You wrote you have problem with FileChoose plugin, but i cannot see any codes what would use that plugin. As you wrote you using FileView plugins, so then i don't know what can be wrong in a code which uses FileChoose plugin. :confused:

On the subject of thumbnails, if you are certain that you would display only photo files thumbnails, i would display small images simply from the larder files instead. Most probably not the best and effective way to do so, but in a sudden, nothing else pops into my mind.

FileChoose plugin as far as i know is meant to do a bit more than FileView, but neither of them capable (so far) to display thumbnails in an easy way.
If not displaying the file itself in a smaller version, then it needs to be a resizing process in the background to do so.

Anyone should correct me in this matter if i am wrong!
I had the same question when reading his reply the first time, but I believe he just wants to "translate" the posted FileView code into a working version that's using FileChoose...
Jaime Méndez

Post by Jaime Méndez »

Hi, yes, that is what I'm trying to do.

In the .ini file:

[MeasureFolder]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path=#Path#
ShowDotDot=0
ShowFolder=1
Count=63
HideExtensions=1
FinishAction=[!Log "Folder read"]

MouseOverAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureChoose "ChooseFile 1"]
In the .inc file:

[MeasureFileIcon0]
Measure=Plugin

;Plugin=FileView
Plugin=FileChoose

Path=[MeasureFolder]

UseNewStyle=0
GetTarget=1
AllowNonstorageFolder=1
CopyLink=1
LinkCache=#Path#LinkCache\
GetIcon=3
IconCache=#Path#IconCache\
IconSize=1
ReturnValue=WholePath
FileInitialDirectory=
ImageInitialDirectory=#Path#IconCache\

Index=1
Type=Icon
;IconSize=Large
OnChangeAction=[!SetOption MeterTileIcon0 ImageName [MeasureFileIcon0]]

It is a very interesting skin code you can find here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEQzOHPr5ho but it won't show thumbnails for video or photo files which will make it even better
Last edited by SilverAzide on September 1st, 2022, 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use code tags when posting code. It's the </> button.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Jaime Méndez wrote: September 1st, 2022, 12:00 pm Hi, yes, that is what I'm trying to do.
Just so you know, you can use the </> button at the top of your message window to enclose the code contents in its own box. This makes examining, navigating and copy pasting the code much easier for others. You just have to select the code part in your message and press the </> button to enclose it between [code]...some code here...[/code] tags.

I'll let folks that used the FileChoose plugin to answer your question, since they would know better how to do what you want.
Jaime Méndez

Post by Jaime Méndez »

Thake you! I'm new here, I appreciate your comments and recommendations. :thumbup:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Jaime Méndez wrote: September 1st, 2022, 1:09 pm Thake you! I'm new here, I appreciate your comments and recommendations. :thumbup:
No problem - we've all been new to this or that at a certain point in our lives. ;-)