It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 10:38 am

Weather with Mond Skin isn't working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Weather with Mond Skin isn't working

Post by Yincognito »

TheClashMaster673 wrote: July 25th, 2022, 9:33 pm11
Oh, right, missed that one, LOL. That's strange, because I doubt that Rainmeter's way of using the fonts stored in the Fonts subfolder ceased to work from Win 10 to Win11 - and even if it did, we would have other people with the same issue as well, posting here about it. It's a good thing you eventually solved the problem, thanks to Active Colors, but it's a mystery why having the .ttf in that folder wasn't enough (if it was there on your system, that is)... :???:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
TheClashMaster673

Post by TheClashMaster673 »

balala wrote: July 25th, 2022, 8:58 pm Could you please pack the whole Mond config as you have it now and upload the package, to can check it? I'm curious...
How do I do that?
TheClashMaster673

Yincognito wrote: July 25th, 2022, 10:02 pm Oh, right, missed that one, LOL. That's strange, because I doubt that Rainmeter's way of using the fonts stored in the Fonts subfolder ceased to work from Win 10 to Win11 - and even if it did, we would have other people with the same issue as well, posting here about it. It's a good thing you eventually solved the problem, thanks to Active Colors, but it's a mystery why having the .ttf in that folder wasn't enough (if it was there on your system, that is)... :???:
Yeah, thats the confusin part. Also, I have downloaded rainmeter a long time ago and deleted it. I have no idea wht I did when I had it but maybe I did something that could possible effect what happened. Seriously no clue though.
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

Yincognito wrote: July 25th, 2022, 9:28 am Yes, but the Visualskins.com link is not Mond. He's basically showing one and talk about the other. You're right about the Anurati font face, but he shouldn't have to install it, as it's already present in the \@Resources\Fonts subfolder of the skin. Oh, and it works right away for me as well.
Yincognito wrote: July 25th, 2022, 12:56 pm No problem, but as I said, putting the font in the folder labeled Fonts (which was already done by the skin author in the first place) should have solved the thing. No installation would have been necessary. Well, it wasn't at all necessary for me, as it worked right off the box, so to speak. 8-)
Just to clear the confusion, the font Anurati is NOT included with the skin. Maybe it works for your out of the box because you have it already installed. Check it out.

TheClashMaster673 wrote: July 26th, 2022, 1:29 am Yeah, thats the confusin part. Also, I have downloaded rainmeter a long time ago and deleted it. I have no idea wht I did when I had it but maybe I did something that could possible effect what happened. Seriously no clue though.
You certainly did not do anything that would affect this. The font Anurati simply was not included with the skin.
Just to conclude, in order a font to work by the skin(s), you can:
- either install the font(s) to your system,
- or put the font(s) in the skin folder, as balala explained here. This way the font(s) will be available only to the skins within the rootfolder*, and you will not need to have it installed on your system.

A root folder is, for example:
"Skins\illustro\Clock" — illustro is the root folder in this example.
In this root folder there will be @Resources folder (e.g. "Skins\illustro\@Resources").
Imagine you put a font in "Skins\illustro\@Resources\Fonts" folder
Any configs (skin files) stored within the root folder (e.g. for "Skins\illustro\Welcome.ini") or stored in root folder's subfolder (e.g. "Skins\illustro\Clock\clock.ini") will be able to use the font you put to "Skins\illustro\@Resources\Fonts" folder.

Read more here: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/skins/resources-folder/#Fonts
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

TheClashMaster673 wrote: July 26th, 2022, 1:27 am How do I do that?
Pack the Mond folder, which you have the Skins folder, using either any compression tool (like WinZip or WinRar) or Rainmeter's Skin packager. Which solution do you choose is only up on you.
Then upload the package here, using the Add files button on the Attachments tab, below the field where you are writing your reply.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Active Colors wrote: July 26th, 2022, 5:57 am Just to clear the confusion, the font Anurati is NOT included with the skin. Maybe it works for your out of the box because you have it already installed. Check it out.
[...]
You certainly did not do anything that would affect this. The font Anurati simply was not included with the skin.
Well, then, I would have to clear your confusion after you cleared mine, now wouldn't I? :sly:

In the link I mentioned in my earlier post (the first one, aka the visualskins one), the Anurati font IS ACTUALLY included with the skin (sorry for the caps and the colors, but couldn't help it, LOL). And yeah, I did check it out, because that's where I downloaded the Mond skin from in the first place when posting that reply:
Mond Link.jpg
and after adding the .zip extension to it in order to see the contents of the .rmskin in my Total Commander:
Mond Font.jpg
Obviously, that folder and its contents are present in the related skin location on my C: drive after installation:
Mond Skin.jpg
So, I don't know where you got the skin from, because for me (and most likely for everyone downloading the skin from that link), everything is in the right place to work right out of the box. :confused:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

Yincognito wrote: July 26th, 2022, 11:44 am Well, then, I would have to clear your confusion after you cleared mine, now wouldn't I? :sly:

In the link I mentioned in my earlier post (the first one, aka the visualskins one), the Anurati font IS ACTUALLY included with the skin (sorry for the caps and the colors, but couldn't help it, LOL). And yeah, I did check it out, because that's where I downloaded the Mond skin from in the first place when posting that reply:
Mond Link.jpg
and after adding the .zip extension to it in order to see the contents of the .rmskin in my Total Commander:
Mond Font.jpg
Obviously, that folder and its contents are present in the related skin location on my C: drive after installation:
Mond Skin.jpg

So, I don't know where you got the skin from, because for me (and most likely for everyone downloading the skin from that link), everything is in the right place to work right out of the box. :confused:
But aren't we talking about the Deviantart version? Since that has been the author's issue from the beginning:
TheClashMaster673 wrote: July 25th, 2022, 1:44 am ... When I use the website Yincognito used (https://www.deviantart.com/apexxx-sensei/art/Mond-762455575), it works. However, the clock font is different. ...
Also, I would stay away from that Visual Skins site.
TheClashMaster673

Active Colors wrote: July 26th, 2022, 5:57 am Just to clear the confusion, the font Anurati is NOT included with the skin. Maybe it works for your out of the box because you have it already installed. Check it out.

Just to conclude, in order a font to work by the skin(s), you can:
- either install the font(s) to your system,
- or put the font(s) in the skin folder, as balala explained here. This way the font(s) will be available only to the skins within the rootfolder*, and you will not need to have it installed on your system.

A root folder is, for example:
"Skins\illustro\Clock" — illustro is the root folder in this example.
In this root folder there will be @Resources folder (e.g. "Skins\illustro\@Resources").
Imagine you put a font in "Skins\illustro\@Resources\Fonts" folder
Any configs (skin files) stored within the root folder (e.g. for "Skins\illustro\Welcome.ini") or stored in root folder's subfolder (e.g. "Skins\illustro\Clock\clock.ini") will be able to use the font you put to "Skins\illustro\@Resources\Fonts" folder.

Read more here: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/skins/resources-folder/#Fonts
Ohhh okay. I get what happened. I put the font in a different fonts folder. For some reason, when I searched up the Fonts folder in file explorer, it gave me the Skins/@Backup/Mond/@Resources/Fonts Folder, instead of the Skins/Mond/@Resources/Fonts one.
Yincognito wrote: July 26th, 2022, 11:44 am Well, then, I would have to clear your confusion after you cleared mine, now wouldn't I? :sly:

Mond Link.jpg
Mond Font.jpg
Mond Skin.jpg

I got the skin from like 4 different places, I kept redownloading it from different websites in hopes that it would work. They would always be one of these two downloads, though. https://visualskins.com/skin/mond and https://www.deviantart.com/apexxx-sensei/art/Mond-762455575 As I previously said, the deviantart one would not give me the right font. That would make sense because you said that the visualskins one comes with the font. The reason I didn't just use that one was because of the weather problem, of course.
Active Colors wrote: July 26th, 2022, 12:19 pm But aren't we talking about the Deviantart version? Since that has been the author's issue from the beginning: Also, I would stay away from that Visual Skins site.
Why, is it not as safe to trust?
balala wrote: July 26th, 2022, 11:04 am Pack the Mond folder, which you have the Skins folder, using either any compression tool (like WinZip or WinRar) or Rainmeter's Skin packager. Which solution do you choose is only up on you.
Then upload the package here, using the Add files button on the Attachments tab, below the field where you are writing your reply.
I can still do that, but now I know what happened. As I said in the beginning of this message, "For some reason, when I searched up the Fonts folder in file explorer, it gave me the Skins/@Backup/Mond/@Resources/Fonts Folder, instead of the Skins/Mond/@Resources/Fonts one."
Let me know if you would still want the folder for whatever reason.

Anyways, im just glad we solved the problem now, im sorry for using your guys' time but thanks so much for helping. I thought these forums would be inactive so it was my last shot to post a message here. However, I was clearly mistaken as you guys immediately came to my aid. Thank you all for helping, now I can use my rainmeter background (This was almost entirely copied straight off reddit) :D

See you all! :great:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Active Colors wrote: July 26th, 2022, 12:19 pm But aren't we talking about the Deviantart version? Since that has been the author's issue from the beginning:

Also, I would stay away from that Visual Skins site.
We were talking about the DeviantArt version indeed, earlier in the thread after recommending it, but I went with the VisualSkins version because of:
TheClashMaster673 wrote: July 25th, 2022, 1:44 amSo, I have resorted to the first website until I can fix the weather problem.
and because of the screenshot TheClashMaster673 posted in that reply, which looked (in my mind) different from what I remembered to be the DeviantArt version, according to the (cropped) screenshot I posted at the beginning of the thread.

In short, I decided to go with what the "customer" was using currently ... but based on the truncated visual clues I posted earlier myself. I can see now how this could have lead to confusion or misunderstanding, and how I played a part in it as well - sorry for that. :lol:

Thankfully, the issue is solved and the cause is known by now - it appears I wasn't far of the truth when I wondered:
Yincognito wrote: July 25th, 2022, 10:02 pm... having the .ttf in that folder wasn't enough (if it was there on your system, that is)... :???:
TheClashMaster673 wrote: July 26th, 2022, 1:33 pmOhhh okay. I get what happened. I put the font in a different fonts folder. For some reason, when I searched up the Fonts folder in file explorer, it gave me the Skins/@Backup/Mond/@Resources/Fonts Folder, instead of the Skins/Mond/@Resources/Fonts one.
Plus, doing the changes in the DeviantArt version will provide the weather too, so both things are solved, one way or another.

And yes, I agree with you on the VisualSkins site. It might not be directly problematic, but it has the potential to be. It's less secure than the DeviantArt one or even this forum, and generally older skin versions are presented there. However, personally, I know what I'm doing, it's not the first time I'm not following the "by the book" rules... :D
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

TheClashMaster673 wrote: July 26th, 2022, 1:33 pmFor some reason, when I searched up the Fonts folder in file explorer, it gave me the Skins/@Backup/Mond/@Resources/Fonts Folder, instead of the Skins/Mond/@Resources/Fonts one.
The reason is logical though - the @Backup folder is where Rainmeter moves "current versions" of a skin when you install a different (earlier or latter) version. This was a consequence of trying out various versions of the skin from different sources, without "uninstalling" (aka deleting) the version you installed over first.