It is currently March 29th, 2024, 11:27 am

Weather with Mond Skin isn't working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Active Colors

Re: Weather with Mond Skin isn't working

Post by Active Colors »

Yincognito wrote: July 25th, 2022, 9:18 am The things is that he linked another skin entirely (i.e. "Simple Clean"), one with no connection whatsoever with the "Mond" skin. I'll explain this in a sec.
Take a look at their attached screenshot. Comparing Simple Clean to Mond, on the screenshot it is certainly Mond.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Active Colors wrote: July 25th, 2022, 9:20 am Take a look at their attached screenshot. Comparing Simple Clean to Mond, on the screenshot it is certainly Mond.
Yes, but the Visualskins.com link is not Mond. He's basically showing one and talk about the other. You're right about the Anurati font face, but he shouldn't have to install it, as it's already present in the \@Resources\Fonts subfolder of the skin. Oh, and it works right away for me as well.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

TheClashMaster673 wrote: July 25th, 2022, 1:44 am Hey, I dont know if your still available but it is not working for me. When I download mond from the first website i used, https://visualskins.com/skin/simple-clean , it would show everything correct but the weather, only showing the degrees symbol. When I use the website Yincognito used (https://www.deviantart.com/apexxx-sensei/art/Mond-762455575), it works. However, the clock font is different. I have tried everything I could to get the font right, but it didn't work. So, I have resorted to the first website until I can fix the weather problem. By the way, I have tried to look for other links but one of the two problems always occur. I have no idea what I did. I may have modified the skin but I have redownloaded numerous times. For some reason I can't use the font for the day of the week that's shown on Mond. Please help me.
There are several issue to talk about here:
- first, you linked the "Simple Clean" skin from Visualskins.com, and not the "Mond" skin, although you used the Mond skin image as a reference; the correct link on Visualskins.com should be https://visualskins.com/skin/mond
- secondly, on the weather part, that skin uses an older, now obsolete, way of getting the weather data, which nowadays has been "superseeded" by this way; it might look more complicated, but it's not hard to use at all, jsmorley did everything for you already, just use the .inc files; of course, converting an older weather skin to the new system is a bit of work, but there were some nice guides posted somewhere by SilverAzide, if I recall correctly
- on the font thing, you can do as Active Colors suggested and install the font in Windows, but you shouldn't absolutely have to, since it should work right away via its already used placement in the \@Resources\Fonts subfolder of the skin - for example, it works for me without any changes:
Mond with Anurati font.jpg
Now, you'd have to find out that handy guide SilverAzide posted about weather conversion, and edit the skin accordingly, after adding jsmorley's .INC files to the said skin. It shouldn't be hard at all for a skin of this size, it's only a couple of things that are shown in it, after all.

EDIT: For some reason I remembered only SilverAzide talking about the weather skin conversion, but forgot that eclectic-tech did in fact post a very complete and helpful guide here. Check it out and follow the instructions when adding the .INC files and editing your Mond\Weather\Weather.ini file (you can obviously skip creating a new skin part from the guide, since you only need to edit the existing one).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheClashMaster673

Post by TheClashMaster673 »

:handtohead: :handtohead: :handtohead: :handtohead: :handtohead: :handtohead: :handtohead: :handtohead: :handtohead:

I figured it out. I am so dumb lol. What I did was went back to the Mond link with the font problem and tried fixing the font again, the problem was that when I had to install Anurati I only put it in the folder labeled fonts but didn't actually right click it to install it.

I am so sorry for wasting your guys' time, I only downloaded Rainmeter yesterday so I was super confused on how to do everything.

Thank you guys so much for helping me! :)
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

TheClashMaster673 wrote: July 25th, 2022, 12:50 pm :handtohead: :handtohead: :handtohead: :handtohead: :handtohead: :handtohead: :handtohead: :handtohead: :handtohead:

I figured it out. I am so dumb lol. What I did was went back to the Mond link with the font problem and tried fixing the font again, the problem was that when I had to install Anurati I only put it in the folder labeled fonts but didn't actually right click it to install it.

I am so sorry for wasting your guys' time, I only downloaded Rainmeter yesterday so I was super confused on how to do everything.

Thank you guys so much for helping me! :)
No problem, but as I said, putting the font in the folder labeled Fonts (which was already done by the skin author in the first place) should have solved the thing. No installation would have been necessary. Well, it wasn't at all necessary for me, as it worked right off the box, so to speak. 8-)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Active Colors wrote: July 25th, 2022, 9:14 am In the deviantart page that you linked there are instructions about how to display the text:

Capture.PNG

Did you install the font? If you didn't install it — install the font as described in those instructions and then refresh the skin.
A font doesn't necessarily have to be installed in order to can use it. Putting the .ttf or .otf files into the @Resources\Fonts folder, will let Rainmeter to use them, without having to install them to the computer. Details here.
TheClashMaster673

Yes, but that didnt work. Which is why I had this problem
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

TheClashMaster673 wrote: July 25th, 2022, 8:39 pm Yes, but that didnt work. Which is why I had this problem
Out of curiosity, are you on Win10 or Win7?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

TheClashMaster673 wrote: July 25th, 2022, 8:39 pm Yes, but that didnt work. Which is why I had this problem
Could you please pack the whole Mond config as you have it now and upload the package, to can check it? I'm curious...
TheClashMaster673

Yincognito wrote: July 25th, 2022, 8:42 pm Out of curiosity, are you on Win10 or Win7?