It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:55 pm

Can Rainmeter do this - Hotkey triggered popup with text output

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Vei

Can Rainmeter do this - Hotkey triggered popup with text output

Post by Vei »

I'd like to make a menu that pops up on screen at my cursor that shows a grid of boxes, each with a short string of text. I'd like to have that text input into Discord (or other focused apps) when I click the corresponding box/button in the pop up.

An option to keep the window open or to close the window automatically weather a modifier key is held would be nice too so you can put in multiple strings of text without having to keep reopening it or to have it close automatically when you only need one.

Sorry if this is some basic RM stuff. I haven't used it in a while and I'm wanting to get back into it, but figured I'd just ask this.

So basically
-Send text from Rainmeter to focused application text input - Can RM do this?

-Pop up menu at cursor triggered via hotkey
I could design an image that has the text boxes already, but if possible a system that is actually just a grid of boxes that you can freely edit the text for would be cool too so you don't have to make a new graphic each time you add more text string boxes.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Can Rainmeter do this - Hotkey triggered popup with text output

Post by balala »

Vei wrote: July 11th, 2022, 6:44 pm I'd like to make a menu that pops up on screen at my cursor
Poping up some elements is quite easy. To pop it up when a hotkey is hit requires to have the HotKey plugin installed, but it can easily and confidently be installed.
However to get get the menu displayed at the cursor position requires another plugin. This is a little bit more difficult thing (however definitely not impossible). If you were content to get the menu displayed at a predefined position, would be much easier...
Vei wrote: July 11th, 2022, 6:44 pm I'd like to have that text input into Discord (or other focused apps) when I click the corresponding box/button in the pop up.
Well, this is much harder to be achieved. First: I can't realize now a way how could the selected text placed / inserted into certain window. And beside this there is a small contradiction in this as well: if you focus on some window (so this means you click it, right?), you can't click to the "corresponding box/button", because when you do this, the previously focused window loses its focus.
Vei wrote: July 11th, 2022, 6:44 pm Sorry if this is some basic RM stuff.
As you can see, these are not basic stuffs at all.
tass_co

Post by tass_co »

Vei wrote: July 11th, 2022, 6:44 pm I'd like to make a menu that pops up on screen at my cursor that shows a grid of boxes, each with a short string of text.
balala is right :thumbup:

Required plugins for popup menu =>

Hotkey https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=18849
MouseXY https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=22900

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=500

[MeaMX]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=MouseXY
Dimension=X
MaxValue=#SCREENAREAWIDTH#

[MeaMY]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=MouseXY
Dimension=Y
MaxValue=#SCREENAREAHEIGHT#

[MeaShow]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Hotkey
Hotkey=SHIFT CTRL ALT G
KeyUpAction=[!Zpos "2"][!ToggleMeterGroup HotKeyAll][!Move ([MeaMX]-200) ([MeaMY]-200)]
DynamicVariables=1

[MtrBackground]
Meter=Shape
X=0
Y=0
Shape=Rectangle 0,0,400,400 | Extend MyModifiers1
MyModifiers1=Fill Color 191,237,239,255 | StrokeWidth 4 | Stroke Color 46,115,31,255
LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleMeterGroup HotKeyAll]
Hidden=1
Group=HotKeyAll
Vei wrote: July 11th, 2022, 6:44 pm -Send text from Rainmeter to focused application text input - Can RM do this?
I think the only way is to use Macro applet. I recommend Macro Express.
I don't know where i going from here, but i promise it won't be boring... :great:
Vei

Post by Vei »

Thanks for the feedback. Macro Express looks good too. It may even do what I want by itself. Might have to buy that in addition to XYplorer...

Is there actually a Macro Applet for Rainmeter that will trigger Macro Express macros from Rainmeter, or did you just mean use MExpress instead of Rainmeter?

Finding the MExpress popup macro light method to be a bit clunky though it does work.
tass_co

Post by tass_co »

Vei wrote: July 11th, 2022, 11:38 pm Thanks for the feedback. Macro Express looks good too. It may even do what I want by itself. Might have to buy that in addition to XYplorer...

Is there actually a Macro Applet for Rainmeter that will trigger Macro Express macros from Rainmeter, or did you just mean use MExpress instead of Rainmeter?

Finding the MExpress popup macro light method to be a bit clunky though it does work.
You can save your macros as playable files and then you can run these macros with Rainmeter :thumbup:
Untitled.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I don't know where i going from here, but i promise it won't be boring... :great: