It is currently April 16th, 2024, 4:08 pm

Mond player not working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
KrispyaKaza

Re: Mond player not working

Post by KrispyaKaza »

KrispyaKaza wrote: June 26th, 2022, 2:41 pm Alright, here is the code for the player:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=100
Author=Connect-R
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1
MouseScrollUpAction=[!SetVariable Scale "(#Scale#+#ScrollMouseIncrement#)"][!WriteKeyValue Variables Scale "(#Scale#+#ScrollMouseIncrement#)"][!Refresh]
MouseScrollDownAction=[!SetVariable Scale "(#Scale#-#ScrollMouseIncrement# < 1 ? 1 : #Scale#-#ScrollMouseIncrement#)"][!WriteKeyValue Variables Scale "(#Scale#-#ScrollMouseIncrement# < 1 ? 1 : #Scale#-#ScrollMouseIncrement#)"][!Refresh]

[Variables]
@include=#@#Variables.inc
Scale=2

;-------------------------------------------------------------

[MeasureArtist]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebNowPlaying
PlayerName=#Player#
PlayerType=ARTIST
Substitue="":""

[MeasureTitle]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebNowPlaying
PlayerName=#Player#
PlayerType=TITLE

[MeasureAlbum]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebNowPlaying
PlayerName=#Player#
PlayerType=ALBUM

[MeasureProgress]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebNowPlaying
PlayerName=#Player#
PlayerType=PROGRESS

[MeasureDuration]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebNowPlaying
PlayerName=#Player#
PlayerType=DURATION

[MeasurePosition]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebNowPlaying
PlayerName=#Player#
PlayerType=POSITION

[MeasureStateButton]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebNowPlaying
PlayerName=#Player#
PlayerType=STATE
Substitute="0":"#@#Play.png","1":"#@#Pause.png","2":"#@#Play.png"

[MeasureMinutesRemaining]
Measure=Calc
Formula=Trunc((MeasureDuration - MeasurePosition)/60)
RegExpSubstitute=1
Substitute="^(.)$":"0\1"

[MeasureSecondsRemaining]
Measure=Calc
Formula=((MeasureDuration - MeasurePosition) % 60)
RegExpSubstitute=1
Substitute="^(.)$":"0\1"

[MeterArtist]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureArtist
StringAlign=Center
StringCase=Upper
FontFace=Aquatico
FontColor=#Color1#
FontSize=(4*#Scale#)
X=(95*#Scale#)
Y=(15*#Scale#)
Text="%1"
AntiAlias=1

[MeterTitle]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureTitle
StringAlign=Center
StringCase=Upper
FontFace=Aquatico
FontColor=#Color1#
FontSize=(4*#Scale#)
X=(95*#Scale#)
Y=(8*#Scale#)r
Text="%1"
AntiAlias=1

[MeterPosition]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasurePosition
StringAlign=Center
FontFace=Quicksand
FontColor=#TextColor#
FontSize=(4*#Scale#)
X=(10*#Scale#)
Y=(2.5*#Scale#)
AntiAlias=1

[MeterDuration]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureDuration
StringAlign=Center
FontFace=Quicksand
FontColor=#Color1#
FontSize=(4*#Scale#)
X=(185*#Scale#)
Y=(2.5*#Scale#)
AntiAlias=1

[MeterBar]
Meter=Shape
X=(23*#Scale#)
Y=(5*#Scale#)
Shape=Rectangle 0,0,(150*#Scale#),(1*#Scale#),0 | Fill Color #Color1#,30 | StrokeWidth 0
Shape2=Rectangle 0,0,([MeasureProgress]*1.5*#Scale#),(1*#Scale#),0 | Fill Color #Color1# | StrokeWidth 0
Shape3=Ellipse ([MeasureProgress]*1.5*#Scale#),(0.5*#Scale#),(1.2*#Scale#) |Fill Color #Color1# | StrokeWidth 0
Shape4=Ellipse ([MeasureProgress]*1.5*#Scale#),(0.5*#Scale#),(3.4*#Scale#) |Fill Color #Color1#,50 | StrokeWidth 0
DynamicVariables=1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureProgress" "SetPosition $MouseX:%$"]

[MeterPrevious]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Previous.png
X=(69*#Scale#)
Y=(35*#Scale#)
W=(13*#Scale#)
AntiAlias=1
ImageTint=#Color2#
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!PluginBang "MeasureStateButton Previous"]

[MeterPlayPause]
Meter=Image
ImageName=[MeasureStateButton]
X=(20*#Scale#)r
Y=(0*#Scale#)r
W=(13*#Scale#)
AntiAlias=1
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
ImageTint=#Color2#
DynamicVariables=1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureStateButton" "PlayPause"]

[MeterNext]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Next.png
X=(20*#Scale#)r
Y=(0*#Scale#)r
W=(13*#Scale#)
AntiAlias=1
ImageTint=#Color2#
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!PluginBang "MeasureStateButton Next"]
The second I send this it starts working after I change the song >:(
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

KrispyaKaza wrote: June 26th, 2022, 2:41 pm Alright, here is the code for the player:
Not entirely useful, because as said, there are a few resources (images, and not just) which also would be needed. But the code seems to work for me, same way as it does for xenium.
However there are two things which I see in your code:
  • Doesn't really think it worth to update the skin so frequently as you do. Update=100 is too low, I'd use better the default Update=1000. With Update=100 you get ten updates per second, which in some cases may heavily load the CPU and this might lead to the described behavior.
  • The code uses a lot of deprecated things, I suppose it is a very old code. Am I right? Such deprecated things are for instance the !PluginBang bang, used on the LeftMouseUpAction options of the [MeterPrevious] and [MeterNext] meters. This probably can't lead to the described behavior, but still...
Please try for first increasing the Update, as described at the first point above and if doesn't help, pack the whole Mond config as you have it on your hard drive and upload the package here.
jcynne

Post by jcynne »

xenium wrote: June 25th, 2022, 3:47 pm 1. If you want to use only Spotify as a music player:
Right click on the skin and choose Edit skin.
Replace, in all measures, where you see Plugin=NowPlaying.dll with Plugin=WebNowPlaying
Then refresh the skin.

2. If you want to use and other music players (WindowsMediaPlayer, MusicBee, AIMP ....) go to Documents \ Rainmeter \ Skins \ Mond \ Player and make a copy to the Player,ini file and name it for example PlayerSpotify.ini. Then open the PlayerSpotify.ini file and make the change from point 1.
At the end right click on the Rainmeter icon in the Taskbar and choose Refresh all.
Now you have 2 players, one you use for Spotify and the other you use for other music players
Hi, I've got the same issue but when I changed everything to WebNowPlaying everything just went null - I can't even see the title/artist anymore on my player. I've installed Spicetify and WebNowPlaying and configured everything as well, could I possibly have done this incorrectly which is why it's not working?
xenium

Post by xenium »

jcynne wrote: July 1st, 2022, 4:28 pm Hi, I've got the same issue but when I changed everything to WebNowPlaying everything just went null - I can't even see the title/artist anymore on my player. I've installed Spicetify and WebNowPlaying and configured everything as well, could I possibly have done this incorrectly which is why it's not working?
Add the file below in Documents \ Rainmeter \ Skins \ Mond \ Player.
Then right-click the Rainmeter icon in the taskbar and choose Refresh all, then load the skin.
See if it works
PlayerSpotify.ini
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jcynne

Post by jcynne »

xenium wrote: July 1st, 2022, 4:41 pm Add the file below in Documents \ Rainmeter \ Skins \ Mond \ Player.
Then right-click the Rainmeter icon in the taskbar and choose Refresh all, then load the skin.
See if it works

PlayerSpotify.ini
No luck, unfortunately. Does that mean I must've made a mistake with WebNowPlaying? I'm pretty sure that I've configured Spicetify correctly because I'm able to modify the Spotify client to my liking, but I'm not sure about the mistake I've made with WebNowPlaying. All I've done is added the WebNowPlaying Chrome extension, added the ExampleSkin to my Rainmeter Skins folder, and enabled the WebNowPlaying extension in Spicetify.
xenium

Post by xenium »

jcynne wrote: July 2nd, 2022, 6:47 am No luck, unfortunately. Does that mean I must've made a mistake with WebNowPlaying? I'm pretty sure that I've configured Spicetify correctly because I'm able to modify the Spotify client to my liking, but I'm not sure about the mistake I've made with WebNowPlaying. All I've done is added the WebNowPlaying Chrome extension, added the ExampleSkin to my Rainmeter Skins folder, and enabled the WebNowPlaying extension in Spicetify.
Check if you have the WebNowPlaying plugin installed. Right click on the Rainmeter icon in the taskbar and choose About-Plugins.
See if WebNowPlaying appears in the list of external plugins.

It is possible that the problem is in the configuration of Spicetify for Spotify .
I did not use Spicetify to customize Spotify so I do not know if after customization, Spotify still works with Rainmeter.

You can try the standard installation for Spicetify through which Spotify works with Rainmeter.

Follow the steps:

1. Delete the folders "Spicetify" and "Spicetidy.cli", which should be located at "C: \ Users \ USERNAME".
2. Access the link: https://www.deviantart.com/xenium-art/art/Advansity-UPDATED-09-FEB-2022-847234085
3. Follow the Spicetify installation instructions in the Music Player-Spotify Desktop Player section.

After following these steps Spotify should work with Rainmeter
jcynne

Post by jcynne »

xenium wrote: July 2nd, 2022, 7:06 am Check if you have the WebNowPlaying plugin installed. Right click on the Rainmeter icon in the taskbar and choose About-Plugins.
See if WebNowPlaying appears in the list of external plugins.

It is possible that the problem is in the configuration of Spicetify for Spotify .
I did not use Spicetify to customize Spotify so I do not know if after customization, Spotify still works with Rainmeter.

You can try the standard installation for Spicetify through which Spotify works with Rainmeter.

Follow the steps:

1. Delete the folders "Spicetify" and "Spicetidy.cli", which should be located at "C: \ Users \ USERNAME".
2. Access the link: https://www.deviantart.com/xenium-art/art/Advansity-UPDATED-09-FEB-2022-847234085
3. Follow the Spicetify installation instructions in the Music Player-Spotify Desktop Player section.

After following these steps Spotify should work with Rainmeter
WebNowPlaying is not in the list of external plugins, but I did follow those exact steps when I installed Spicetify and Spicetify.cli, so I'm not sure why it isn't working?
xenium

Post by xenium »

jcynne wrote: July 2nd, 2022, 9:19 am WebNowPlaying is not in the list of external plugins, but I did follow those exact steps when I installed Spicetify and Spicetify.cli, so I'm not sure why it isn't working?
Looks like you don't have the WebNowPlaying plugin installed.
Install WebNowPlaying_0.5.0.rmskin and the plugin will be installed automatically ,then see if the ExampleSkin works with Spotify.
If it works it means that you have all the settings ok.

https://github.com/tjhrulz/WebNowPlaying/releases
jcynne

Post by jcynne »

xenium wrote: July 2nd, 2022, 9:58 am Looks like you don't have the WebNowPlaying plugin installed.
Install WebNowPlaying_0.5.0.rmskin and the plugin will be installed automatically ,then see if the ExampleSkin works with Spotify.
If it works it means that you have all the settings ok.

https://github.com/tjhrulz/WebNowPlaying/releases
IT WORKS!!! Thank you so much, you're absolutely incredible! I originally also had the issue with the meter and time on the left stopping after 2 seconds until I paused and unpaused the song, but I restarted Rainmeter and everything works perfectly. I'm so so happy everything works now, thank you so much for all your help with my incompetence :D
xenium

Post by xenium »

jcynne wrote: July 2nd, 2022, 2:08 pm IT WORKS!!! Thank you so much, you're absolutely incredible! I originally also had the issue with the meter and time on the left stopping after 2 seconds until I paused and unpaused the song, but I restarted Rainmeter and everything works perfectly. I'm so so happy everything works now, thank you so much for all your help with my incompetence :D
You're welcome!
I'm glad I was able to help you.