It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:30 pm

Weather with Mond Skin isn't working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
mactwo

Weather with Mond Skin isn't working

Post by mactwo »

Hi, the weather widget isn't working with the Mond Skin... I searched issues on the web but I found nothing about this skin. Hope you will help me !
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Weather with Mond Skin isn't working

Post by Yincognito »

mactwo wrote: March 27th, 2022, 10:19 pm Hi, the weather widget isn't working with the Mond Skin... I searched issues on the web but I found nothing about this skin. Hope you will help me !
If you're talking about this skin, it works for me without issues:
Mond.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: March 28th, 2022, 8:33 am If you're talking about this skin, it works for me without issues:
Mond.jpg
If this is the skin it is working for me as well.
mactwo wrote: March 27th, 2022, 10:19 pm Hi, the weather widget isn't working with the Mond Skin... I searched issues on the web but I found nothing about this skin. Hope you will help me !
If the skin which doesn't work for you is indeed the one posted by Yincognito above, first try restarting Rainmeter. You have to do a complete restart: right click the Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area and click Exit, then restart it from the Start menu.
If it still doesn't work, I assume you either have another skin or you've modified the skin. In first case post a link of the skin you have problems with (in fact whenever are you asking for help for a skin, would be nice to post at least a complete and exact name, but usually a link is also required). In second case post the code of the modified skin.
and one more: in Rainmeter we have skins, not widgets. Just a terminology mistake, but still...
KrispyaKaza

Post by KrispyaKaza »

I also have the same problem, but so far I haven't found any ways on how to solve it, the only thing that shows on the weather skin is the degrees symbol, even if I change the weather location, it just shows the degrees symbol. Any way on how to solve it?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

KrispyaKaza wrote: June 25th, 2022, 11:31 am I also have the same problem, but so far I haven't found any ways on how to solve it, the only thing that shows on the weather skin is the degrees symbol, even if I change the weather location, it just shows the degrees symbol. Any way on how to solve it?
The skin which can be downloaded from the link posted by Yincognito above does work. Try out that one please. Does it work?
KrispyaKaza

Post by KrispyaKaza »

balala wrote: June 25th, 2022, 11:53 am The skin which can be downloaded from the link posted by Yincognito above does work. Try out that one please. Does it work?

It worked, ty!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

KrispyaKaza wrote: June 25th, 2022, 12:35 pm It worked, ty!
:thumbup:
TheClashMaster673

Post by TheClashMaster673 »

balala wrote: June 25th, 2022, 7:07 pm:thumbup:
Hey, I dont know if your still available but it is not working for me. When I download mond from the first website i used, https://visualskins.com/skin/simple-clean , it would show everything correct but the weather, only showing the degrees symbol. When I use the website Yincognito used (https://www.deviantart.com/apexxx-sensei/art/Mond-762455575), it works. However, the clock font is different. I have tried everything I could to get the font right, but it didn't work. So, I have resorted to the first website until I can fix the weather problem. By the way, I have tried to look for other links but one of the two problems always occur. I have no idea what I did. I may have modified the skin but I have redownloaded numerous times. For some reason I can't use the font for the day of the week that's shown on Mond. Please help me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

TheClashMaster673 wrote: July 25th, 2022, 1:44 am ... When I use the website Yincognito used (https://www.deviantart.com/apexxx-sensei/art/Mond-762455575), it works. However, the clock font is different. I have tried everything I could to get the font right, but it didn't work.
Could you explain what you have tried to fix it?

In the deviantart page that you linked there are instructions about how to display the text:
Capture.PNG
Did you install the font? If you didn't install it — install the font as described in those instructions and then refresh the skin.
If that doesn't change it, then restart Rainmeter.
If you messed with the skin's config files (.ini files) I would advise to reinstall the skin.
At last, you might need to restart Windows. In such casess it is usually not necessary, however, it will not hurt to be safe.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Active Colors wrote: July 25th, 2022, 9:14 am Could you explain what you tried to fix it?
In the deviantart page that you linked there are instructions about how to display the text:

Capture.PNG

If you didn't do it, then install the font as described in those instructions and refresh the skin.
If that doesn't help, restart Rainmeter.
If you messed with the skin's config files (.ini files) I would advise to reinstall the skin.
At last, you might need to restart Windows. Usually it is not necessary in such cases, however, who knows.
The things is that he linked another skin entirely (i.e. "Simple Clean"), one with no connection whatsoever with the "Mond" skin. I'll explain this in a sec.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth