It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:06 pm

Some skins system monitoring are not reading correctly

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
xxnayr

Some skins system monitoring are not reading correctly

Post by xxnayr »

Some skins system monitoring are not reading correctly and some are not really reading anything. I tried it to a PC but the skin works fine, also tried to another laptop, same model, also have the same problem. The top one is for the storage HDD/SSD. I don't know where to look for the problem. Please, help...
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-06-20 151458.png
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Some skins system monitoring are not reading correctly

Post by balala »

xxnayr wrote: June 20th, 2022, 7:19 am Some skins system monitoring are not reading correctly and some are not really reading anything.
If those skins are using the UsageMonitor plugin, the Performance Monitor counters database could be corrupted. This happens from time to time, even if not too often. If this is the case, for a fix, read the "Corrupted Performance Monitor counters database" section of this post.
Have you succeeded in fixing the issue?
xxnayr

Post by xxnayr »

balala wrote: June 20th, 2022, 11:08 am If those skins are using the UsageMonitor plugin, the Performance Monitor counters database could be corrupted. This happens from time to time, even if not too often. If this is the case, for a fix, read the "Corrupted Performance Monitor counters database" section of this post.
Have you succeeded in fixing the issue?
I tried all the fix on the post, but still the same issue. Performance Counters doesn't exist on my registry, do I need to do something about that?

Corrupted Performance Monitor counters database CMD results:
Screenshot 2022-06-21 124249.png
Corrupted system files CMD scan result:
Screenshot 2022-06-21 124611.png

Results seems okay, but the plugins still doesn't read correctly. What should I do now?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

xxnayr wrote: June 21st, 2022, 4:54 am Performance Counters doesn't exist on my registry, do I need to do something about that?
Do you mean that the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PerfProc\Performance registry key doesn't even exist? I would be surprised, however I think if it really doesn't exist, the performance counters should work (I might be extremely wrong here, am not really sure).
What can you do, I don't know unfortunately, maybe someone else knows better.
xxnayr wrote: June 21st, 2022, 4:54 am I tried all the fix on the post, but still the same issue. Performance Counters doesn't exist on my registry, do I need to do something about that?

Corrupted Performance Monitor counters database CMD results:
Screenshot 2022-06-21 124249.png

Corrupted system files CMD scan result:
Screenshot 2022-06-21 124611.png

Results seems okay, but the plugins still doesn't read correctly. What should I do now?
Are you absolutely positive you've ran the Command line as administrator? It's extremely important to run it this way.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

xxnayr wrote: June 20th, 2022, 7:19 am Some skins system monitoring are not reading correctly and some are not really reading anything. I tried it to a PC but the skin works fine, also tried to another laptop, same model, also have the same problem. The top one is for the storage HDD/SSD. I don't know where to look for the problem. Please, help...
It looks like you've rebuilt the performance counters correctly. So now you need to post a link to where you got those skins. Perhaps the problem is not your machine, perhaps it is the skins that are not working properly.
xxnayr

Post by xxnayr »

SilverAzide wrote: June 21st, 2022, 11:59 am It looks like you've rebuilt the performance counters correctly. So now you need to post a link to where you got those skins. Perhaps the problem is not your machine, perhaps it is the skins that are not working properly.
I downloaded the skin here https://rainmeter-skins.com/2020/09/18/sensen-version-1-2-theme-skin/
Hmm.. but, as I said, the skins works perfectly fine on another Desktop but has same issue on another laptop with the same model.
Last edited by xxnayr on June 22nd, 2022, 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
xxnayr

Post by xxnayr »

balala wrote: June 21st, 2022, 10:42 am Do you mean that the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PerfProc\Performance registry key doesn't even exist? I would be surprised, however I think if it really doesn't exist, the performance counters should work (I might be extremely wrong here, am not really sure).
What can you do, I don't know unfortunately, maybe someone else knows better.

Are you absolutely positive you've ran the Command line as administrator? It's extremely important to run it this way.
Yes. I definitely ran as admin for both rebuilt and scan, and results seems okay... Maybe the problem is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PerfProc\Performance doesn't exist?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

xxnayr wrote: June 22nd, 2022, 1:26 am I downloaded the skin here https://rainmeter-skins.com/2020/09/18/sensen-version-1-2-theme-skin/
Hmm.. but, as I said, the skins works perfectly fine on another Desktop but has same issue on another laptop with the same model.
There are three skins for monitoring HDDs:
  • SenSen Theme\System\DISK 2\DISK 2 (English).ini
  • SenSen Theme\System\DISK 3\DISK 3 (English).ini
  • SenSen Theme\System\DISK 4\DISK 4 (English).ini
(or the appropriate French or Spanish versions, or the skins from the No line configs).
These skins are monitoring each another partition, namely: Disk2 monitors the E: partition, Disk3 the F: and finally Disk4 the H: partition. There is a Disk1 variable as well, set to C:, but I didn't dig deeply enough to figure out where is it used.
However I believe you're simply trying to use a skin related to a partition which doesn1t exist on your system.
If I am right, to fix the issue, open the @Resources\Variables.inc file and replace the Disk2, Disk3 or Disk4 variable as you need them.
Have this fix the issue?

A big problem related to the skins (I know it's not your skins, so this is a general observation, not addressed to you particularly): in the [Variables] section of the skins, there are such kind of @Include options: @include=#SKINSPATH#SenSen Theme\@Resources\Variables.inc. This is an extremely weird form of the path. The @Resources folder of current config is identified by Rainmater as #@#. so the above @include option should be: @include=#@#Variables.inc. Much more simple. Recommend to replace the paths in all @nclude options in all skins.
xxnayr

Post by xxnayr »

balala wrote: June 22nd, 2022, 7:07 pm There are three skins for monitoring HDDs:
  • SenSen Theme\System\DISK 2\DISK 2 (English).ini
  • SenSen Theme\System\DISK 3\DISK 3 (English).ini
  • SenSen Theme\System\DISK 4\DISK 4 (English).ini
(or the appropriate French or Spanish versions, or the skins from the No line configs).
These skins are monitoring each another partition, namely: Disk2 monitors the E: partition, Disk3 the F: and finally Disk4 the H: partition. There is a Disk1 variable as well, set to C:, but I didn't dig deeply enough to figure out where is it used.
However I believe you're simply trying to use a skin related to a partition which doesn1t exist on your system.
If I am right, to fix the issue, open the @Resources\Variables.inc file and replace the Disk2, Disk3 or Disk4 variable as you need them.
Have this fix the issue?
It did fix the issue. Thanks a lot!
Screenshot 2022-06-23 134439.png
I think SilverAzide was right, it seems the skin really had the problem, not the machine.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

xxnayr wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 5:49 am It did fix the issue. Thanks a lot!
:thumbup:
xxnayr wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 5:49 am I think SilverAzide was right, it seems the skin really had the problem, not the machine.
Well, strictly speaking, the skin had no problem either. Just the settings were not correct. It doesn't seem a good / desirable practice, to strictly set the drive letters, because how many computers are out there, it's extremely probable that most users who are downloading a skin, have different configurations, with different drive letters associated. Many authors tend to forget this very frequently.